20" wheel style O-PINE-YUN...

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
Have you considered KMC or American Racing Novas? Real nice, uncluttered looking wheels.

You can get all kinds of finish options; cast, polished, chrome, etc.

kmc-nova-magnesium-gray-machined-lip.jpg

IMG_2933.jpg

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
From the given options I would go for the bronze KMCs with matching accent stripes. I'm a fan of contrasting colors.

I'm leaning that way as well the more I think about it. Thanks for the feedback. Hard for an old dog to look at new ideas. Just worn out seeing fully blacked out wheels on cars.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Have you considered KMC or American Racing Novas? Real nice, uncluttered looking wheels.

IMG_2933.jpg

Nice, but I have my head set strongly on a concave with no lip now. Been running deep dish staggered wheel setups on the last three cars and want a changeup. Though I posted a deep dish option I was considering, I have since decided to stay concave on some form of spoke wheel whether that be a Niche Verona, KCM District, Essen or other form of Concave wheel.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
So the silver machines KMC's aren't available in the staggered setup for an undefined time frame. Got me to thinking more about the Bronze version on the wheel. I could remove the black accent stripe and add a bronze or very similar complementary color and put these on. Opinions?
cPFwgQL.jpg

View attachment 57906

KMC's have the concave 5 spoke design nearly indentical to the Niche Milan

IMG_2933.jpg

View attachment 57907

Novas have more of a traditional/classic 5 spoke design similar to Mickey Thompson MT's IMO..

Last edited:

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Silver on white looks great, in this case it would be silver with a machine face. I'm thinking about the Series II wheels too just haven't been able to make up my mind.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/niche-mi...machined-face-with-silver-2005-2014/p/W537-V/

I agree, and the initial idea was to go that way with the KCM District until limited availability reared its ugly head on them. I have a friend who runs a CV3 silver STR Racing knockoff on his 14 vert, so I don't want to outright copy cat his look. The KCM District has a clear visual difference in wheel(with the machined face and different spoke vice full out silver) while holding to a similar appearance without looking like a "keep up with the Jones'" friend. But the Niche Essen is also available in that silver/machined face pattern I have considered as well. On the other hand, the contrast idea with the Bronze wheel and changing up the accent stripe on the GT stripes from black to a bronze color of some sort would be interesting as well as long as it doesn't end up looking all "Drifter" or "Fat and Fumigated" LOL!

Tough to step outside the box when there is a grand or better in wheels at stake you may not like at all after you get them on the car. I went through that three times on the GHIG 13 before getting the wheel combo right. Wife just about killed me. Was trying to avoid that again this time. Went through it twice with the 05.

Last edited:

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
I'm now down to these three. The KMC is out. Too much issue with getting sizes in, etc. So its either the Niche Essen Silver/Machined face, Niche Milan Silver/machined face, Rovos Durban Satin Gunmetal.

Niche Essen
r4LLFlY.png

Niche Milan
JylcyTS.png

Rovos Durban
51vN4Cw.jpg

Last edited:

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think 20s are a bit much on an S197. I prefer 18s or 19s. But you go on with your bad self.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Personally, I think 20s are a bit much on an S197. I prefer 18s or 19s. But you go on with your bad self.

Both my fiancee and I have 20's on our Mustangs and think they're a bit big, will be looking into 19s for our next wheels

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Try finding an 18" in something other than a Gt500 knock off, Shelby razor (in very limited qty), or Bullitt knock offs. Second tire height options in a 28" tire aren't exactly at the top of the list in 18" wheels for street driving.

19" wheels while in limited options and offsets that may or may not fit, have a very restrictive tire range and usually come at a much higher price as I did look into that option...but again limited in 28" height matching.

So that leaves a 20" wheel. Oddly the same size wheel and tire I seek for the rear is the factory default for the 13/14 GT500 and I have not heard anyone say anything negative about the stance or appearance of the GT500. Granted the front is a 19" wheel, but who is honestly going to notice a .5" radius down size looking from front to rear? Hence the 20" wheel which gives me the option of running a 285/35/20 rear at just under 28" inches in height, and a 20 inch front or optional 19" front which allows me a very similar height in a matching tire (245/40/20 or 245/45/19) for the front without going to Goldman Sachs for a for a second mortgage loan to buy rubber.

Last edited:

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Try finding an 18" in something other than a Gt500 knock off, Shelby razor (in very limited qty), or Bullitt knock offs. Second tire height options in a 28" tire aren't exactly at the top of the list in 18" wheels for street driving.

19" wheels while in limited options and offsets that may or may not fit, have a very restrictive tire range and usually come at a much higher price as I did look into that option...but again limited in 28" height matching.

So that leaves a 20" wheel. Oddly the same size wheel and tire I seek for the rear is the factory default for the 13/14 GT500 and I have not heard anyone say anything negative about the stance or appearance of the GT500. Granted the front is a 19" wheel, but who is honestly going to notice a .5" radius down size looking from front to rear? Hence the 20" wheel which gives me the option of running a 285/35/20 rear at just under 28" inches in height, and a 20 inch front or optional 19" front which allows me a very similar height in a matching tire (245/40/20 or 245/45/19) for the front without going to Goldman Sachs for a for a second mortgage loan to buy rubber.
18x10 in SO many wheels, and a 295/40 fits perfect front and rear with the correct offsets, or put 315/40 out back to be 28" tall and get all the traction.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
18x10 in SO many wheels, and a 295/40 fits perfect front and rear with the correct offsets, or put 315/40 out back to be 28" tall and get all the traction.

So I'm from Missouri figuratively speaking. Show me. Plenty of repli wheels, plenty of 18's for edge body cars, but few I find for 2005+ cars.

https://www.google.com/search?q=18x...X&ved=0ahUKEwilt86jzpnQAhWDhZAKHbOTDf0QsAQIWA

^^^ Same old repliwheel stuff I have been seeing for 12+ years for 18's less a few options from AR and TSW.

As for tire size I am not interested in the squared up corner carving look. And I certainly have zero interest in a 315-40-18 that has very limited options available, and would bubble out on a 10" wide rim like a fat chick in a pair of hip huggers dressing to go shop at Walmart.

But thanks for the input.

Last edited:

46addict

Reaction score
So I'm from Missouri figuratively speaking. Show me. Plenty of repli wheels, plenty of 18's for edge body cars, but few I find for 2005+ cars.

https://www.google.com/search?q=18x...X&ved=0ahUKEwilt86jzpnQAhWDhZAKHbOTDf0QsAQIWA

^^^ Same old repliwheel stuff I have been seeing for 12+ years for 18's less a few options from AR and TSW.

As for tire size I am not interested in the squared up corner carving look. And I certainly have zero interest in a 315-40-18 that has very limited options available, and would bubble out on a 10" wide rim like a fat chick in a pair of hip huggers dressing to go shop at Walmart.

But thanks for the input.
It sounds like you've decided on the Essens, but for anyone else looking at the thread, there are a few 18x8.5 & 18x10 staggered options available if you branch out from the usual Mustang vendors.

XXR 531 (CCW reps)

53189103-2T.jpg

XXR 550

550895401-2T.jpg

And the familiar face of AMR

The SVE Series IIs posted earlier look good on the car too. But that's just me.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Forgestar, TSW, American Muscle, all make 18x10 wheels. And if you can't find tire sizes in 18s or 19s, you're not looking hard enough.

TSW sucks IMO. Had a set of their Valencia wheels and won't buy another set. Had to virtually give them away to get rid of them. American Muscle's 18" inventory is the same old same old repli-wheel and AMR/MMR knock off stuff. I currently own a set of 18" Shelby Razors from AR which BTW are extremely limited in 18" sizing. Forgestar - YAWN....zzzzzz. Only two styles available and moreover used and boring than the Slotted mag of the 70's and I was there to witness that.

It's clear we have different opinions on styling on this matter. Don't take it personal. You're trying to force your opinion, in lieu of giving it. Let's keep it at that. Thanks.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
It sounds like you've decided on the Essens, but for anyone else looking at the thread, there are a few 18x8.5 & 18x10 staggered options available if you branch out from the usual Mustang vendors..

Thanks for the need4speed site. Had not seen that one yet. Will give it a gander, but pretty set on the Essens at this point.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I liked these Roush 20's. The wheels on the 550 are custom vossens that look interesting.

Last edited:

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bro, I wasn't trying to force opinions on you, and I'm sorry if I offended. I was just pointing out that if your only reason for going with 20s over 19s is tire selection, check out Tire Rack, because 19s are a pretty common size now. Heck, you can even get RE-71Rs in 305s on a 19" wheel.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back