200 Treadwear Options

Candy10

forum member
Reaction score
If this should be in the “Wheel and Tire” section, I apologize. Asking here because the corner carvers might better understand what I need

I’m looking for opinions on a tire with more straight line traction than what I run now. I have been running Falken Azenis 615k+ since 2015, 295/40-18 square setup, and have no idea what’s new and good. The Falkens have Great lateral grip, for mountain roads and the occasional track day. I’m doing neither as much any more, and these Falkens break loose from a roll even in 3rd gear with power I’ve added. Are there “stickier” 200 rated options out there? I’d consider a DR, but still want to be able to confidently take corners aggressively.

Maybe I’m asking too much, “can’t have it all”, but let me know what y’all think.

Maybe something like the NT-01 would do what want?

Candy10

forum member
Reaction score

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A052 or RE-71RS are the best, don't buy NT01. Maybe go with 315 rears. If you're more interested in street games and less about track lap times, the Mickey Thompson ET Street SS will hook the best and still corner very well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
A052 or RE-71RS are the best, don't buy NT01. Maybe go with 315 rears. If you're more interested in street games and less about track lap times, the Mickey Thompson ET Street SS will hook the best and still corner very well.

I have been using the A052 for autocross. Great tire with good cold temperature traction and wet surface traction.

Wolf302

Reaction score
Haven’t personally used them but I’ve heard good things about the falken rt660s and personally liked the GY Supercar3 on the street

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back