2005-2013 Mustang LED Dome Lights $16.95 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSgt46270

Reaction score
David S. 9-5-12

Thank you for your order, it will be in the mail Thursday. Check your email for the USPS tracking number.

Thanks
Ed

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Thanks Chad C.

The order you put in today is shipping today.

Thanks
Ed

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I've received my package - thank you for such quick shipping - but I have a question:

In the box there's 1 resistor ... which bulb get it and where should it be installed?

I'm thinking it's for the trunk light, but not sure ...

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
OK, got the dome/map LED's installed and the trunk LED installed (without using that resistor which was getting super-hot just being wired-in, even without the LED actually ON), and they're all working fine :).

But I had a big problem with the license plate LED's .... the LED's sent are quite a bit longer than the bulbs they're meant to replace, and they don't fit in the bulb holders.
I actually snapped one of the metal ends off of one of the LED's trying to push it into the metal holder, even while prying the holders at both ends apart to make room for the oversized LED.

Took a pic of the bulb and the LED side by side to show size difference :

attachment.php

What can we do about this?
I'd still like license-plate LED's, but don't really wanna get stuck with these oversized ones?

Attachments

• 2012-09-10_LED_LicPlate.JPG
    2012-09-10_LED_LicPlate.JPG
    281 KB · Views: 80

MSgt46270

Reaction score
OK, got the dome/map LED's installed and the trunk LED installed (without using that resistor which was getting super-hot just being wired-in, even without the LED actually ON), and they're all working fine :).

But I had a big problem with the license plate LED's .... the LED's sent are quite a bit longer than the bulbs they're meant to replace, and they don't fit in the bulb holders.
I actually snapped one of the metal ends off of one of the LED's trying to push it into the metal holder, even while prying the holders at both ends apart to make room for the oversized LED.

Took a pic of the bulb and the LED side by side to show size difference :

attachment.php

What can we do about this?
I'd still like license-plate LED's, but don't really wanna get stuck with these oversized ones?

Sorry about that, I didn't see your post and I even made a post today in the same thread.

I will send you different bulbs.

Ed

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Ed rocks when it comes to customer service. Now that I just about have the suspension dialed in, I think this will be one of my next mods. :snoopy

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Red, white, blue, green and amber in stock.

If your not getting the ones with the built in resistors your taking a chance on them glowing when the dome lights are off. So before you buy, ask if they will glow or not.

These type are the ones people have problems with glowing.

194led.jpg

LEDoption_L55-2.jpg

These are the dome light on.
DomeLights1.jpg

This is what they look like glowing.
DomeLights2.jpg

Last edited:

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Thanks skwerl for your order. It will be in the mail Tuesday 25th.

Ed

WhitePony

forum member
Reaction score
Just installed the white license plate and dome lights yesterday and they look great!! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back