2005-2014 Mustang Steeda Bumpsteer Kit Review & Install - Courtesy of AM

tj@steeda

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Hello,

I wanted to share a great video of the 2005-2014 Mustang Steeda Bumpsteer Kit Review & Install.

A must have for any customer with a lowered Mustang - check out more, here:

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I read the manual and it appears it will be a trick to load the suspension. The only way I can see it being done is to use a drive on lift, then a pair of cum-a -longs to load the front suspension down. I didn't feel a need for a bumpsteer kit with front end lowered 1". My front end is now only lowered 1/2", so even less of a requirement. Story I got was the bumpsteer kit was required if front is lowered in excess of 1.5".

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There have been no issues that I am aware of.

Are you interested in a set? I can put you in contact with Rodney who can discuss the product - happy to put you in contact with him

Best Regards,

TJ

Read the thread I linked to.

I have a set of both your extended ball joints and bump steer kit sitting in my garage uninstalled because of questionable build quality.

I already emailed Steeda once and got no response. My favorite part about that exchange was getting an email asking to rate your customer service even though I never actually got a response.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
im a bit upset steeda gave DOB a cease and desist on his phenolic spacers for PD superchargers.

It gave a bad taste from steeda in a lot of people's views on the DOB group

tj@steeda

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Read the thread I linked to.

I have a set of both your extended ball joints and bump steer kit sitting in my garage uninstalled because of questionable build quality.

I already emailed Steeda once and got no response. My favorite part about that exchange was getting an email asking to rate your customer service even though I never actually got a response.

Yes, I did read it & I am responding to your question did we fix them - I have not heard about any issues since that thread came out - I have asked manufacturing to weigh in.

Best Regards,

TJ

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
im a bit upset steeda gave DOB a cease and desist on his phenolic spacers for PD superchargers.

It gave a bad taste from steeda in a lot of people's views on the DOB group

Whoa. When did that happen? Based on what? About the only other way to achieve the same result would be to ceramic coat both mating surfaces.. which could also be done between the blower output and manifold.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Jason posted it on FB, they said they have a patent on their cmcv delete plates and that is what he was making and to stop.

Even though they were for a completely different purpose, material, etc .

Wouldn't be surprised to see them come out with a set of spacers for this purpose.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes, I did read it & I am responding to your question did we fix them - I have not heard about any issues since that thread came out - I have asked manufacturing to weigh in.

Best Regards,

TJ

I'm sure your billet door handles are of the utmost quality.

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
im a bit upset steeda gave DOB a cease and desist on his phenolic spacers for PD superchargers. It gave a bad taste from steeda in a lot of people's views on the DOB group

I'm not going to bag on Steeda in general but this particular issue with the spacers does piss me off. This is clearly a case of "we have more lawyers than you, so we win". No one that wants the phenolic spacers is going to buy aluminum cmvc delete plates instead or vice-versa The patent does not and should not apply, but see the lawyer quote.

As far as measuring bump steer, you need to take off the spring so you can travel the suspension.

I have the steeda bump steer kit. It seems well made, pretty much identical to the other ones I've seen in person. But I didn't use their extended ball joints. I used the Ford racing a-arms with tall ball joints when they were still available. I've beat on the car a fair amount, jumped corner curbs etc and have had no issues with any of these parts.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah. He could try to go-to court to argue the reason this doesn't take that ones place. But it isn't worth it

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Why would they even bother trying to stop Jason, just assholes. I'm cutting all of my steeda shit off of my car with the gas axe and throwing it in the trash!

groundpounder

forum member
Reaction score
It is super easy to write a letter and send it to Jason demanding 10% or cease and desist. If Jason pays then they get some extra cash from a little work. If he gives up then they can, if they chose, bring the same product to market and reap 100% of the profits. It's how the system was designed to work by the big guys working with lawyers, who work with lobbyists, who work with politicians, who write laws that benefit the guys with money. I'm a firm believer in tort reform that mandates the loser pays.

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
So Steeda - are you going to make some phenolic spacers for us to use or just kill innovation with your attorneys? This makes me angry. I have over $3,000 worth of Steeda parts on my car. Get busy! You also owe Jason/DOB some $ for his idea.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back