2005+ MGW Shifter for sale, $225 shipped

shatter

White And Nerdy
Reaction score
I have a slightly used (200 miles) MGW Shifter for the 2005+ Mustang I would like to sell for $225 shipped to your door (lower 48 states). These sell for $295 new. The reason I am selling is I ended up with some NVH after installing the shifter that I didn't like. Friends say I expect my Mustang to be as quiet as a Cadillac or BMW and that I am being overly picky. My obsessiveness is your gain!

Comes complete except for the dynamat I used when installing. There is some dynamat left over but not tons.

Thanks,
Chad

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yea liz i picked some nvh up too after my pro 5.0 install im guessing its just something to do with the sturdier bracing of the shifter or something i dunno i was thinking of jerking mine out to

shatter

White And Nerdy
Reaction score
The stock shifter is like a rubbery noodle compared to the MGW and 3rd is once again a pain to shift in to. These aftermarket short throw shifters are awesome but the NVH is the downside.

5spd07gt

Captain Ninja
Reaction score
i have the mgw and couldnt be happier. this is a great buy guys. If you use the dynamat right the nvh is minimum and wont even be noticed if you have your radio on at normal volume.

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The stock shifter is like a rubbery noodle compared to the MGW and 3rd is once again a pain to shift in to. These aftermarket short throw shifters are awesome but the NVH is the downside.
I have a Pro 5.0 and it's not all that bad. Sure, you can feel it vibrate since it's a solid piece, but I don't leave my hand on the shifter all the time anyway - just when I want to shift. It kind of rattles - probably the stopper nuts - when in the high RPM range, but so what, the engine is louder. From what I've heard/read, the MGW is a "softer" and more refined piece, so it shouldn't be as bad. It's a Mustang, though, not a Bentley...you're supposed to feel and hear the ride.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back