2005 Mustang GT, replaced battery, now wrench light and no throttle

Fyrestang

Reaction score
I'm going to try and replace the terminals tomorrow . It may be just loose. I hope that fixes the non starting issue. Than onwards on the tps issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
If you or someone you know has a battery charger just go ahead and throw it on. It won't hurt anything and it might just fix the issue.

I can tell you that my battery and alternator went out at the same time. When it happened the dash was possessed. Lights, chimes, and warnings were going off at random. I charged the battery and all was well for just a little while. Replaced the battery and all was well until it drained down into the 12v range. Finally replaced the alternator and it combined with the new battery solved the issue.

Below 13.2v and the computer starts acting like it came from the set of the exorcist.

Fyrestang

Reaction score
Lol. The guy I bought it from said he's gonna come out tomorrow and use his obd2 scanner to see if it pulls any codes. He researched it and told me to try everything I've already done like unhook the negative for thirty minutes and touching both cables together. Hopefully I can try and fix 2hatever the cap is wrong with it tomorrow.

Fyrestang

Reaction score
Connected battery back up. Lights turned on but when I went to start it up, nothing. It acted like it was almost dead. A small alarm light flashed on dash and a yellow person seat light was solid.

Also, the only fuse I pulled was the square one to test the small green ones. B4 that, the car sat for a day before it wouldn't start, I don't know if pulling it caused it not to start starting or if it was because it sat for a day. Also, this ground wire that is long and red connects to positive terminal under the bolt that holds the positive cable on the battery right?
80b9af891c929f1f440bb194e9d97129.jpg
cc31a1fd68108feb643dfa5ec22406e6.jpg
a75b8957576237381ba5571189ae23c3.jpg

Fyrestang

Reaction score
I know, stupid questions, but I am far from a mechanic, I can barely turn a wrench haha.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
The ground is the negative terminal
That post is the positive side

Fyrestang

Reaction score
But there's nowhere to attach it to on negative side

Fyrestang

Reaction score
See the bottom black cable connects positive cable to terminal, than that long wire with red goes on top of the positive and you screw it down with the nut.

slow06stang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
But there's nowhere to attach it to on negative side

It does not go on the negative side. It is hooked up correctly in the picture you posted. The 2 wires with the red go to the positive and the 1 black lead goes on the negative/ground side.

Fyrestang

Reaction score
Ok. I have it exactly like that. I don't know what else beside jump starting to try

slow06stang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I understand. But do you have a charger or a way to insure the battery is fully charged?. Everyhing that is on this thread points to a low battery and/or bad alternator.

As mentioned here, put a charger on it. If you do not have one pull the battery and bring it to someone that does have one. Or if you have to jump it , jump it.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
He said ground wire connecting to positive side. Just need to get your terms correct

Fyrestang

Reaction score
OK sorry. Not really mech savvy. I'm going to finally try jump it tomorrow and see if that starts it. If not I'm just gonna have it towed to mechanics shop, I really really don't wanna go to ford with it

Fyrestang

Reaction score
Mechanic got it running. Still no throttle. He's tried everything. He gave me 2 codes thiugh.
1bda1f5420b14e823411843b0eb4d949.jpg

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Both are throttle control failure codes. One indicates the throttle is stuck full open. The other indicates a faulty Throttle Actuator control, bad associated wiring or failed PCM as possible faults for the code.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Sounds like the throttle body actuator is at fault. It might be worth a try just to take it apart and clean it thoroughly 'cause years of accumulated dirt might have caused it to stick. If that doesn't work then you'll need to replace it.

Fyrestang

Reaction score
Mechanics gonna replace tps. If that doesn't fix it, we'll just return it and than well do the actuator in the side of the tb.

We'll see if my problem gets fixed today. :/

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back