2007 BEST ET MPH to date! 8's drive it to the track, shows, dinner!

Blackblurr2007

forum member
Reaction score
2007 BEST ET MPH to date! *'s drive it to the track, shows, dinner!

Have been building this car for awhile and finally got it right. went *.11, *.04, and the last pass went *.9901@ 1*1.54! I thank Justin, Mickey, and other's to mention later. I will post more later this week( videos, timeslips,and car breakdown) Still full interior, exhaust, a/c,p/s, stereo, everthing it came with. Weight 3680lbs. I built everything on this car and proud of it. I happy to help others and give them what others taught me. Thank Jim!!:highfive:

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to the videos and more info about the car. 8.99 @151 is pretty stout, especially at full weight.

Blackblurr2007

forum member
Reaction score
Basic information

Looking forward to the videos and more info about the car. 8.99 @151 is pretty stout, especially at full weight.
This took over a year to build and ALOT OF TRIAL AND ERROR ON what was needed. So i started out with a factory block preped and debured, before any machining was done. I used a Eagle rotating assembly. The cylinder heads were prepped by Chris from NAC engines and used the stock sized valves. The cams were ground by Crower cams and were designed around a high boost application. I used a JPC intake, stock throttle body, Anderson power pipe, and a Vortech supercharger... =).. The key to making power. The base tune was done by Bob Kurgan, and I ended up getting a pro racer tuner to finish the car when things were changed on the car. Or I would be going to often to retune.The trans is a turbo400 with a ultrabell installed on for Modular app. Next used a 3' chromoly driveshaft from Suburban Driveline to a Ford 8.8" rear end. Believe it or not I use a True Track posi, 31 spline Moser axles, and a 4.10 Ford ring and pinion. There is thousands of little things that Im not putting on here but The car still retains a full interior, all the ammenities it had from factory. I will post pics separate from this. Thanks Jim

Blackblurr2007

forum member
Reaction score
Tried to send pics and it said fatal entry. Need to fix this and I will have the pics soon.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Wow... That's nuts. I just seen ya down at the track a couple weeks back running it. We had a couple of our cars there as well for the corvette gathering.

Car is a machine, congrats on the new PB

Blackblurr2007

forum member
Reaction score
Wow... That's nuts. I just seen ya down at the track a couple weeks back running it. We had a couple of our cars there as well for the corvette gathering.

Car is a machine, congrats on the new PB

Thanks. Keep these #s for your own ref. Thanks.. I grudge alot and just wanted to help others out..

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice job, would like to see some pics.

Bob_Kurgan

forum member
Reaction score
i did a little more then a "base tune" LOL..

i did 99% of the tune and you tweaked a few things :)

Blackblurr2007

forum member
Reaction score
i did a little more then a "base tune" LOL..

i did 99% of the tune and you tweaked a few things :)

=)-..I thanked you for the help and the rest took alot longer than the base 3 hr tune that you did (thats what I call a base tune). It took 2 months to get the car to pick up 5 tenths on boost at the track!.. :omfg:

Bob_Kurgan

forum member
Reaction score
=)-..I thanked you for the help and the rest took alot longer than the base 3 hr tune that you did (thats what I call a base tune). It took 2 months to get the car to pick up 5 tenths on boost at the track!.. :omfg:

im sure that the air going from 100degrees to 50 degrees had nothing to do with it :poke:

i can send you a "base" tune if you'd like..

Blackblurr2007

forum member
Reaction score
im sure that the air going from 100degrees to 50 degrees had nothing to do with it :poke:

i can send you a "base" tune if you'd like..

The temps did help 2mph .15 in the1/4. I ran my car in 65d air and 95d air and now 58d air it made very little difference.. :look: I said thanks alot and thanks for the help.. I did pay $$$$ for all of those tunes!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back