2007 GT1000TSR Epic Build Thread!

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
I just weighed a box. I have maybe 50lb of it in there. While not light, it's not heavy either.

I was a afraid of having to use chemicals. It will be a while for for before I do it.
I think we weighed my truck in at 150 or more, but we did EVERYTHING in there. Even use some.other deadening materials. Technically normal dynamat isn't for sound deadening, it's for vibration reduction. There are other mat types that are for sound reduction.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
This was my solution to mounting the Reservoirs for my R2s.
14029733297_be0c7646a7_b.jpg

Mineral_'01

forum member
Reaction score
Amazing attention to detail. Love the engineering in this thread. Will be following this. Is that your Ducati 1198 as well?

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
And here is where I finally started getting the blower where I wanted it. The KB (and as importantly the KB IC) was off the car, and in its place a 3.4L with a Crusher inlet. The manifold in these shots is basically a moded version of our GT450 manifold (the one that lets you use a GT500 blower on a 3v). In the CAD drawings we lopped off everything in front of the front intake ports and re-vamped everything forward from that point. There is no way to run the 3.4L on the 3V and keep the engine coolant system in the manifold, or even run a crossover. So we came up with the idea to run the engine cooling like the GT500 does. With an external T-stat housing/bypass. This manifold was a “Let’s see if this will work” kinda deal. Later after we got everything working we did a design where everything is different, a lot different. The only thing it shares is port, injector and blower offset numbers. Everything else changed.

For all the details on the R-Spec you can go here:
http://www.departmentofboost.com/vbull/showthread.php?553-R-Spec-Supercharger-Kit-For-The-4-6L-3v

441_zpsafe08cb7.jpg

442_zpsdf8eb7ab.jpg

443_zps2d0a42cb.jpg

444_zpsff8e45e5.jpg

445_zps3faeb912.jpg

44_zpscd9bd550.jpg

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
And now things get bonkers with the IC system. I wanted more HE, I also wanted those cool looking NACA ducts from Agent 47 in the 1/4 windows, but they had to have a function. So the plan was to run air through the NACA ducts into the trunk and mount a second HE back there for more cooling. Easy enough idea, lot’s of work though! The HE is smaller than the one in the front and only half as thick. We could have gone double thick but we were worried it wouldn’t move enough air like that, so single thick it was. The rear HE has a 438cu in capacity and a 292sq in face. So still all by itself is bigger than the big Afco, and it is an additional HE, not the only HE.

Getting it mounted back there was tricky, especially since it needed to seal. No use in doing it if we let air rush around the edges and out without going through the cooler. Alex was the man on this deal. He pretty much did this entire mounting of the HE himself. And he did a great job.

In this pic you can see the new “expansion tank” that is in the trunk. I wanted the tank to be above the highest point in the system so all air would get bled. This is what we had to do. It’s tall, so tall that we had to cut a little out of the decklid framing to clear the cap. For those keeping score that is HE configuration number six.

46_zps563e0384.jpg

Here is a pic with the trunk closed. The grill is obviously there to get the air out of the trunk. Alex did a bang up job on this. And because the trunk latch/lock mechanism had to be jettisoned we ran some flush mount quick release jobbies (I love those!).

47_zps5f3f98d9.jpg

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
The NACA duct quarter windows. These give me race car wood.

48_zps9a144921.jpg

This is the bulkhead that separates the trunk space from the cabin. We used .125” sheet here. Boxing in the open space improves chassis rigidity. The BOSS 302’s accomplished the same thing with that X brace they have back there. And obviously it seals everything off. It’s not completed in this pic.

49_zps7c4e0275.jpg

This is the rear expansion tank with built in 55gpm Meziere pump. There is another 55gpm pump in the front of the car behind the PS headlight (I don’t have a pic) for a total of two pumps. Why? Why not, didn’t hurt! The rear expansion tank worked out pretty good. It’s even rubber mounted. I call it the Sleestack. Those of you 40 and older may recognize that from the TV show Land Of The Lost. Yes, I’m a goofy dork. Pic of Sleestack included for the age impaired.

50_zps933d33c0.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

This is my second attempt at a air/oil separator. It’s actually the previous IC expansion tank that had a 55gpm Meziere mounted to it which was modded to work as a air/oil separator. One line comes from the PS valve cover, the other line comes from the DS valve cover and the third one goes to the vacuum side of the blower. It worked pretty good. Things will be different again this year.

55_zpsc7ebadc6.jpg

Last edited:

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Since I had gone with LT’s and a off road X I had been having issues with the exhaust loosening up. The X had no hangers on it so the entire system was supported by the header connection at the front, and the muffler hangers at the rear. With all of the hot/cold/hot/cold going on I was constantly re-positioning/re-tightening the exhaust. Not to mention it was hanging too low. And in anticipation of putting a real diffuser on the back, which is a lot easier with no mufflers back there it was time to get LOUD! I ordered up some straight through Magnaflow “bullet” mufflers and some 3” stainless tubing and we got to work. First up was making the “cat back”. Not real hard when it’s being dumped at the axle. But I wanted it to be easy on/easy off so it took a little thinking. The way it is set up you can loosen the clamps at the “cat back” connection and slide both mufflers off with the “tailpipes” all in one piece. Easy peasy.

To deal with the droopy system problem we came up with some billet/urethane hangers that attach to the T-56 cross member (it comes with no hangers on it) and some more billet/urethane hangers for the cat back. And we got that sucker tucked up in there super tight. It actually sits higher off the ground than a stock system does. And it’s a good thing, the car is pretty slammed.

And it’s LOUD!

561_zps22e34667.jpg

562_zps9da72fca.jpg

56_zps18d86048.jpg

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
What's the Sleestack for? Special breathing mojo?

That's the IC system expansion tank. Normally it would go up front but with the 2nd HE in the rear it was easier to put it in the trunk. Plus the top of the rear HE is higher than the IC in the manifold and I wanted to make sure I was getting all the air out. The Sleestack is just tall enough to make it the highest point in the entire system.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Would love to hear this car!! I need a DOB setup in the near future. Awesome work.
You're not too far from me. If you listen real close you can probably hear it at WOT.:omfg:

I'll be doing some video come springtime. The 50-80mph rolling burnouts are fun.:clap:

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem with my exhaust, that is a really nice way of keeping it all in place.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I have the same problem with my exhaust, that is a really nice way of keeping it all in place.

After a couple years of messing with it and it almost coming all the way off at the RR track I said screw it, this needs to be solved. You can do pull ups on it now!:beerchug2:

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
What hangers did you use? I cant find any that look like that.

The billet/urethane mounts were fabbed up by Alex. The "rods" are just some SS that I found in the shop that I bent up.

Having an Alex around is priceless.:party:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back