2008 Mustang GT - Vista Blue Corner Carver

Chris B.

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks! It really does handle well, every time I drive it I find myself questioning my decision to sell..

I'm not replacing it with anything, just planning on kicking my corporate job to the curb and moving to sunnier pastures soon. Unfortunately about the only perk of soul-sucking jobs like mine is being overpaid enough to have toys like this, haha. Too bad about my timing though, this would have been a great potential replacement for your '07!

Yea, if it was for sale in April or May, I would have bought it. I also missed out on Colin's GR40 car due to timing.

Chris B.

forum member
Reaction score
Car is gone. Traded last night for something with a little more ass..and not in the 2010+ Mustang way. Dumb decisions are always so fun...

IMG_20111015_160512.jpg

Sweet!

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
Don't have much yet, but here's the day I bought it home and sent the Mustang off to...wherever it wound up going... :-s

IMG_20111016_133142.jpg

IMG_20111015_154848.jpg

IMG_20111015_154922.jpg

IMG_20111015_154940.jpg

Mmmmm dat ass...I love the rear ends of these things. Just beautiful!

IMG_20111015_155012.jpg

klutch7

forum member
Reaction score
Beautiful. So clean. 993's have always been my favorite followed closely by 964's. I think those two styles were the epitome of a Porsche.

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
Yeah, it's definitely my favorite. I drove a number of 911SC's, early Carreras, 964's and 996...the 993 was just perfect, where the others left me wanting something.

Forgot I had this shot of the Mustang...still from a GoPro video from the last track day.

untitledaa.jpg

klutch7

forum member
Reaction score
Is the 996 as tail-happy as it's supposed to be? How does the 993 compare?

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
Is the 996 as tail-happy as it's supposed to be? How does the 993 compare?

Well, I only did fairly mild-mannered test drives..the only 996 I drove was a C4 so it was inherently more stable than the other cars I drove. It was a nice driving car, honestly probably better than the 993 depending on your criteria, and definitely felt like a quality built automobile. I just didn't like the somewhat generic interior and didn't want to deal with the water-cooled issues (and the slab-side styling was also a turn off). The earlier cars were really fun and you can tell they're lighter, but I wasn't sure I'd want one as my only car.

The 993 is supposed to be less tail-happy than the earlier cars, but I can tell you first hand that they are still ass-backwards 911's, and will bite you if you let your guard down, hahaha.

Anyway, if you ever have the means, I highly recommend picking one up, even if it's just for a while. I think at some point in his life, every man should own a 911.

klutch7

forum member
Reaction score
Well, I only did fairly mild-mannered test drives..the only 996 I drove was a C4 so it was inherently more stable than the other cars I drove. It was a nice driving car, honestly probably better than the 993 depending on your criteria, and definitely felt like a quality built automobile. I just didn't like the somewhat generic interior and didn't want to deal with the water-cooled issues (and the slab-side styling was also a turn off). The earlier cars were really fun and you can tell they're lighter, but I wasn't sure I'd want one as my only car.

The 993 is supposed to be less tail-happy than the earlier cars, but I can tell you first hand that they are still ass-backwards 911's, and will bite you if you let your guard down, hahaha.

Anyway, if you ever have the means, I highly recommend picking one up, even if it's just for a while. I think at some point in his life, every man should own a 911.

I am certainly aiming for it, but I'm still trying to get into a Mustang first, haha. Baby steps.

pcdrj

forum member
Reaction score
The 996's are definitely tail happy but IMO it really takes aggressive driving to bring it out. I recently test drove a 996, 997, and a Cayman S. The 911's transfer weight very differently and you get a sense of how it may come out if pushed but the cars did stay planted on a twisty country road. Chasing them around on the track however, you see them get twitchy especially on corner exits where you get a little light.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back