2008 "tigermachine II" Bullitt Mustang build, Pics & Video on Post #518 ...

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Glad to see the Tigermachine is coming back soon!

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Terry,

What kept you from going with the 326?

In my case I already had the B302 which was before Brent went with the 326 engine.

The B302 as you know is aluminum and the 326 is not.

I'm glad I have the B302 as it sure has done it's job IMO for being so small a cubic inch motor.

I will add this comment, if I did not already have the B302 from Brenspeed I would have went with the 326 they now use.

Glad to see the Tigermachine is coming back soon!

Tim,

I'm going to have to watch how and what I say on it coming home.

If I say something like, (Damn finally I am going to get it back)

Or, Damn, (it is about time I get to bring it home)

The above would come across to most people I was pissed at Brenspeed for having my Bullitt Mustang for as long as they have.

So, I think the best way to say this is the following, (Thanks Brenspeed for all your Hard-Work and I will be there on the 19th to pick it up) :beerchug2:

No Pissed-Off attitude really guys on this end at all but I sure am looking forward to getting that Bad-Boy back.

Terry

mikeramirez23

forum member
Reaction score
Terry.....the tigermachine looks good, not usually a fan of 20" wheels but they look great on your ride. Puzzles me as to why people continue to get on these forums and either bash people or puff their chest out thinking they are something great. I appreciate the way you respond back to those posts. Thanks for posting the jesel information and the cam info for our 3V's. I do have a question about the TCI transmission, I realize that you have not driven the car very much since the swap but what are your thoughts on the transmission?

stang389

forum member
Reaction score
terry what hood struts do you use, i have the same CF seibon hood that you do.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looking good Terry
Amazing car
Nick,

I Thank-You Sir. :beerchug2:

Well you know I am going to be "Biased" but I think it is .........

Terry.....the tigermachine looks good, not usually a fan of 20" wheels but they look great on your ride. Puzzles me as to why people continue to get on these forums and either bash people or puff their chest out thinking they are something great. I appreciate the way you respond back to those posts. Thanks for posting the jesel information and the cam info for our 3V's. I do have a question about the TCI transmission, I realize that you have not driven the car very much since the swap but what are your thoughts on the transmission?
Mike,

Actually I went with the 20" so I was for sure the new Roush Trak-Pak 6-Piston racing brakes would clear.
http://www.brenspeed.com/403144.html
As it has turned out the 20" M/T wheels & tires look OK on the Bullitt.
I was looking for a name that went back to the earlier years of the Muscle Cars.
The M/T, (Mickey Thompson) name goes way-way back so I went with them.
I have also went with the M/T tires for the same reason and also to match up with the M/T wheels.
Plus the M/T tires work very well for the street in most cases.
(They are not IMHO a Drag-Race tire)

Puzzles me as to why people continue to get on these forums and either bash people or puff their chest out thinking they are something great. I appreciate the way you respond back to those posts.
You know what there could probably be books written on why people say what they do on the INTERNET.
I think what possibly brings out the negative comments in general are people that post to people that they know they will never-ever see in person.
And of course there are those that think if they jump on the Band-Wagon when all the Bad-Asses jump on a member they will be part of the, In-Group.
Just to say something here on me and what I initially thought the Internet Mustang Sites were about,
I actually thought in the beginning they were about Guys or Gals wanting to talk and discuss their Mustangs with other Mustang enthusiast,
Man what a Naïve person I was back in the beginning on the Internet and Mustang Sites.
Because .......
In some cases, Thank Goodness, there are those adults that do actually talk and discuss in an adult manner.
But ........
Way to often there are those that jump on a person's Thread/Post and just simply wear that person out with No-Mercy.

So in conclusion to what you said here is where I stand when I can posting to others.
I try to still be polite to the Dick-Heads and at least come back to those with a reply that makes sense.
Probably not what they want to see but at least I do try to give it a try.

I do have a question about the TCI transmission, I realize that you have not driven the car very much since the swap but what are your thoughts on the transmission?
This is going to take some typing buddy and I sure am not a typist at all.

In this case I will try to cover a few areas factually as I have knowledge of.

I will be talking about the, TCI Super Street Fighter tranny.
In my case also I run it with the, Circle-D custom billet converter.

Plus it is "Tuned" by Brent White the owner of BRENSPEED.
{The Tune IMHO is the Major ingredient to it lasting}

I have not as you know driven it with these last set of Up-Grades.

But I have driven it for a few years as it was done the last 1/4 of 2011.
True not with the last set but I have put thousands of miles on it.
It has been raced multiple times at different Drag-Strips.
Some with Brenspeed testing it and multiple times me driving it.

You know maybe the better approach to what you really want to know would be for just talking to you.
Meaning just as if I was talking to you in person.
That's my preferred method of posting anyway.

You ask for the truth so here is what I think,

I have had (Zero) problems with mine over the years since 2011 when it was installed.

But ........

I don't drive it like some 20 year old that Daddy bought it for me with his dollars.

I try my best to use at least some common-sense when driving it with the auto.

Here is what I know, (Not) to do !!!

Be driving it in 5th gear overdrive and instantly Floor-it.

That is for sure one thing that will, (Destroy) it on the street.
(I'm referring to the High H/P cars above with tons of Torque)

The way to run it is simple as 1st, (Assuming you have the TCI Ratchet Shifter I do) push the Btn. on the TCI and let it go back to 4th gear.

Push down on the go-pedal, (Don't floor it) and get it to drop back like in 3rd gear and then Floor-it.

At 50/60 MPH it ain't gonna shift back to 2nd gear at those speeds with either the 3:73 or 4:10 gears.

I'm now running the FRPP complete Shelby GT-500 rear-end-assembly it comes with 3:73 gears.

So if you can follow the above Guide-Line more than likely the TCI will last awhile.

Next, if you are on the Street or Drag-Strip and Stopped ..........
Simply push the TCI Btn. so it locks out 5th gear/overdrive and take-off with it in "Drive".

If you have a Custom-Tune from a reliable Tuner that has actually raced with the TCI what I have said should work just fine.
(The tune does not have to be from Brent at Brenspeed but he is one person that does know how to do it)

What else .......

Don't ever take off Wide-Open Throttle and if it gets Crazy so you let out of it, NEVER-EVER then Slam it back instantly back on the Floor.

If you do that many times I can assure you the TCI will definitely sooner or later [BRAKE] !!!

You know as I sit here and think about what you and anyone else reading this would really want to know different things come to me.

Read carefully below what I say .....

Once we modify our Mustangs way past what the factory power was.
And we jump in and change over to like the TCI Super-Street-Fighter Transmission.
And by all means don't Cheap-Out on the Converter !!!
Circle-D is an excellent choice and what I run.

Keep in mind a Stock Mustang with it's auto tranny you can just screw around with it pretty much any ole way you want.

But, up the H/P to around 500 and also the Torque, (Which Kills Tranny's) and you no-longer can just do as you please.

You now have to, (Think) before you just Floor-it every time you turn around.

Or driving down the interstate and a guy/gal pulls up beside you and you just instantly Floor-it and the TCI has to shift down maybe multiple gears.
According to just how built your engine is hooked to that TCI SSF is going to probably be how many times you can get away with that.

Here is a statement that very well might just have You and many others Jaws Drop,
in some ways to be honest it is more fun driving these Mustangs before we get so crazy with the POWER.

Well, you didn't ask me about which was more fun so back to the TCI.

I know for sure a friend of mine that raced in the NMRA as well as the NHRA was having to Overhaul/Rebuild his TCI SSF Trans every year.

It will not hold up to racing it all the time just so you know.

That's one of the reasons I limit racing it so much.

It just simply will (Not-take-Constant-Abuse) !!!

He is changing over to the 4-Speed Auto which is a much beefier trans.

A quick Recap,

I like what I have and intend on keeping the 5R55s TCI SSF & Circle-D converter set-up.

I know what to do and not to do and hopefully I have said those things plain enough above for anyone else to understand.

Just keep in mind if you are running the same TCI etc. I am and you have around 500 HP & Trq. use common-sense or the TCI will BREAK.

If you have anymore questions jump on here and ask and I will at least make the effort to answer you factually.

Terry

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
terry what hood struts do you use, i have the same CF seibon hood that you do.

Man after the last lengthy dissertation above I'll try to make this much more brief. :beerchug2:

My (Opinion) .........

icon4.gif
Don't run, (Any) hood struts !!!

I was running the Roush on the hood and had them "Removed".

I can't say for sure but I/We think as well as Seibon they warp the Carbon-Fiber-Hood.

Seibon told me as well as in their instructions say "Not" to use any Hood-Struts.

Well, dumb-ass me does it anyway as I said using the Roush as I changed Superchargers from Saleen to the Roush.

So wanted to match up things so gave the Roush a try.

You know I don't know how many people will really tell another person that they did or tried something that did not work.

Well, your lucky as I happen to be one of those that will tell you (Not) to do as I did.

I had originally the BMR Hood-Struts with the Saleen.
Then as I said I had those taken off and switched to the Roush.
The Roush is now gone and I we went back to the, Prop-Rod which happens to be what Seibon said to use in the 1st place.

Here is what we ordered below,

http://www.americanmuscle.com/radiator-extension-cover-black.html?utm_content=radiator-extension-cover-black&utm_campaign=PGFullFitmentV1&utm_source=PGrabber&utm_medium=Shopping&AMID=radiator-extension-cover-black-2008-GT&year=2008&model=GT

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-chrome-prop-rod-05.html

Terry

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
Terry I had originally written a post asking what your new plaque and side stripes were going to say. The next comment after mine made ms think it would be taken offensively like the other comments questioning you. That was changed to me expressing my feelings about the car being awesome. But I am still curious to know what it will say (using the math you mentioned earlier it is over 900hp I believe) if it were me I would just round it down to 900 as I think that would be pretty cool

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Terry I had originally written a post asking what your new plaque and side stripes were going to say. The next comment after mine made me think it would be taken offensively like the other comments questioning you. That was changed to me expressing my feelings about the car being awesome. But I am still curious to know what it will say (using the math you mentioned earlier it is over 900hp I believe) if it were me I would just round it down to 900 as I think that would be pretty cool
Nick,

I did not Post this here to keep down some of the comments from a few comedians.

But, since you ask this is what will actually be taking place this next week at Brenspeed.

This will be a Copy & Paste from www.IMBOC.com the Bullitt Mustang Internet Site I am a Mod. on.

Man Brent is on Top of things for sure,

Just received this from him a few minutes ago.

Yes,
George has the tags.
New 900R gets installed Monday at noon.

Brent

Looking and sounding good up North these days
icon_cool.gif

tigerhonaker

image.php

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
thats sick I like the "look" of rounding off to an even number at that point it just looks cleaner that way, and with it being nearly 1000HP it really doesnt matter...
you need to head up to canada and come to one of our track days with it, we have an event next monday at Mosport (ex F1 track)

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
thats sick I like the "look" of rounding off to an even number at that point it just looks cleaner that way, and with it being nearly 1000HP it really doesnt matter...
you need to head up to canada and come to one of our track days with it, we have an event next monday at Mosport (ex F1 track)
Nick,

I agree that the 900R will look just fine on the front fenders.
Actually a person really has to look at the right angle to even see the side-graphics.
They are a flat black so they just really don't jump out in your face at all.

If your wondering what the numbers/letters represent on the Custom ID Plates this is it below.
P2TM900R08001 ... actually stands for; Phase2Tigermachine 900R crank H/P 08 is the year of Bullitt 001 stands for limited edition build number 001 of 1

I appreciate the invite to Canada. :beerchug2:

Terry

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the above response Terry it is much appreciated.
Mike,

It might have not been what you were looking for in my post but it is factual.

I Hate to see another person spend tons of their dollars thinking something is like, (Bullitt-Proof) when actually it is not.

Like I posted I personally have not had any problems but I try to pay close attention to how I drive mine.

Terry

stang389

forum member
Reaction score
TERRY, why are you against them and why is seibon against them ( never contacted them about it).

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
TERRY, why are you against them and why is seibon against them ( never contacted them about it).

Just so you know I am answering you below so hopefully you don't have to experience what I am going through with mine.

Here is what my situation is and I will tell you just like it is.

I thought the High Dollar Seibon hood would fit just like a stock hood.

My mistake as it does not.

Some areas of it does fit correctly but other areas of it does not.

My thinking on it as well as Brenspeed & the Body-Shop is when they went with the Roush Hood-Struts that has contributed to it not fitting correctly.
(They used what I said to use the Roush Hood-Struts)

Now that the Roush Hood Struts have been removed and replaced with the Chrome Hood-Prop-Rod.

They (Brenspeed) have told me the hood now does fit better than it did in some areas.

The Bullitt is being taken back to the custom body shop fellow and he is going to further attempt to adjust the fitment of the Seibon.

The same fellow that also did the Custom Highland Green on the Raised Center-Section and then applied 2-clear coats on complete hood.

How this is going to turn out I really don't know but I am thinking it will have to be some improvement.

Eric the owner of the body shop after talking with Brent at Brenspeed says he thinks he can make further adjustments now that the Roush Hood-Struts are not holding it up.

Eric will get the Bullitt this coming Wednesday to make those final hood-fitment-adjustments.

I'm just hoping just maybe it will at least turn out to where I can live with it after Eric does his thing.

Of course at this point in time none of us know how this is going to turn out.

The comments/thoughts are nothing right now but opinions at best.

I will also share this with you on my Seibon Hood.

I have made up my mind I'll just have to live with the way it fits once Eric does the best he can with the overall fitment.

I'm not going to buy another one and go right back having it installed and repainting that raised-center-section.

I'm one of those damn Anal-Retentive guys so even a small thing has the tendency to drive me nuts.

This hood thing is one of those things and I don't like it but will just have to make myself live with it and move on.

I think, (Opinion) the reason Seibon says not to use the hood struts is because they have the tendency to WARP the hood.

Seibon Installation instructions:
Ford Mustang S197 2005-2009, SS-Style Carbon Fiber Hood by SEIBON®.
Replace your factory hood with this carbon fiber panel and get high-tech style and a weight
reduction of up to 50%. Whether you're a racer or just want to look the part, you can
depend on SEIBON for style, performance, and durability. SEIBON components are
carefully hand-crafted using only the finest materials. SEIBON recommends that the
stock springs or shocks/dampers/struts not be reinstalled, and that hood pins be
installed for safety.

Terry

stang389

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you for the info terry. i have fitment issues with my hood and have just lived with them, im debatting weather or not to have it fixed and re cleared or get a new different hood

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the info terry. i have fitment issues with my hood and have just lived with them, im debatting weather or not to have it fixed and re cleared or get a new different hood

I Luv the Seibon for the style and it's looks.

Maybe I screwed up by telling Brenspeed to go with the Roush Hood Struts.

If I had done as Seibon said and not used hood struts maybe mine would have fit much closer to a stock hood.

I think Eric the Body-Shop guy has the talent to make it fit as close as possible.

I'll let you know how it goes once I actually know.

Maybe I expected to much of an aftermarket hood.

I'll let you know as it will be as good as it's going to be this coming Wednesday.

Terry

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Terry I could not use the Roush struts on my aftermarket TruFiber hood. They put too much stress on the hood when it's closed and that made the hood bow up slightly where the hood meets the front quarter panels. I had to remove them and go back to the OEM prop rod.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Terry I could not use the Roush struts on my aftermarket TruFiber hood. They put too much stress on the hood when it's closed and that made the hood bow up slightly where the hood meets the front quarter panels. I had to remove them and go back to the OEM prop rod.
Tim,

Yes I think and totally agree with what you found out and I just did but after the fact.

I should have followed what Seibon said but did not.

I'm hoping Eric and also now that the Roush hood-struts have been removed it will come closer to fitting.

Live and learn and man I sure have done that many-many times over.

Tim, I'm going to go back in my pictures and post two for you here.

Tell me if this is the same area your's was bowing-up when you also had your hood-struts installed.

If it is maybe mine if I'm lucky for once will get back to fitting more normal.

I think this close-up picture shows it really well !!!

Terry

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back