2008 "tigermachine II" Bullitt Mustang build, Pics & Video on Post #518 ...

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Just went by and picked up my new License Plate.

Here is the old one.

And here is the new one.
Shipped UPS to BRENSPEED for install.

T.

black2008gt

GT500 NOOB
Reaction score
Hey Eric,

I think it's rather obvious you don't think much of my Bullitt so I have a thought and suggestion for you.
Simple man, if you don't like mine or anyone else's Mustang why not simply skip their thread and or post.
Makes much more sense than jumping in on another members thread with some negative comment or comments don't you think.
Do you really think you added anything of benefit to this thread on my Bullitt Mustang.

T.

See Terry your wrong. I love the Bullitt and what you have done with it. I think it is one of the nicer cars on the site. The only disagreement i have had was posting the flywheel hp. It was just an opinion and its your car do whatever you like. Im just tired of people on here spouting off bullshit, ass kissing, or nut hugging without thinking about how stupid their comments sound.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
See Terry your wrong. I love the Bullitt and what you have done with it. I think it is one of the nicer cars on the site. The only disagreement i have had was posting the flywheel hp. It was just an opinion and its your car do whatever you like. Im just tired of people on here spouting off bullshit, ass kissing, or nut hugging without thinking about how stupid their comments sound.
Eric,

I read you but maybe if you were to also look at what you posted earlier from my point of view.
From this end you posted what you don't like about another member saying they like my Bullitt in their words.
I can understand you not liking how another person expresses their thoughts on a post to another member.
What I was attempting to say to you was why jump on another members thread and tell the other member or members you don't like what they have said and the way they said what they did.
Just send that person or persons a PM and that way the OP in this case myself does not have to read negative comments that both of know are not going to change anything.
Look man I'm not trying to come across as an ass-hole to you at all.
It simply seems like that on S-197 there are way to many hard-liners just waiting for a chance to jump on someone.
It would just be nice if all of us could simply get back to talking Mustangs without jumping on each other.

You as well as myself know I'm not going to go challenge those guys with 1000 Plus RWHP cars with mine.
I like my Bullitt but it is not in that league period and never will be.

I think it is one of the nicer cars on the site. The only disagreement i have had was posting the flywheel hp.
You might not have seen it but I did take the time to explain why I also showed the flywheel/crank H/P number.
Manufacturers show that number all the time just like they did when the 2008 Bullitt was introduced.
It was quoted as a 315 H/P Limited Edition Bullitt Mustang.
Guess what it ain't 315 RWHP.
It's as I recall like I think 268 RWHP or something like that.
So I posted the DYNO chart that showed both numbers for those interested.
It's not a case of me showing-off at all.
It's just showing members the numbers and we both know those numbers are approximate at best.

Later man,
Terry

Last edited:

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
403570d1227035060-who-has-gay-tiger-pic-really-gay-costume.jpg

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
when the 2008 Bullitt was introduced.
It was quoted as a 315 H/P Limited Edition Bullitt Mustang.
Guess what it ain't 315 RWHP.
It's as I recall like I think 268 RWHP or something like that.

Terry, if the driveline loss was 15% when the car was new running through the factory slushbox, why do you keep saying that the car now has a 20% loss, through the built trans it has now?

A better question might even be, if it took 47 hp to turn the driveline when the car was stock (268 rwhp), why would it take almost 200 hp to do the same thing when the car is producing 817 rwhp?

Going with the 47 hp number or the 15% number would put the estimated flywheel HP of this car at anywhere from 864 to 961
And while 961 might be damn close to 1000, it certainly isn't

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Terry, if the driveline loss was 15% when the car was new running through the factory slushbox, why do you keep saying that the car now has a 20% loss, through the built trans it has now?

A better question might even be, if it took 47 hp to turn the driveline when the car was stock (268 rwhp), why would it take almost 200 hp to do the same thing when the car is producing 817 rwhp?

Going with the 47 hp number or the 15% number would put the estimated flywheel HP of this car at anywhere from 864 to 961
And while 961 might be damn close to 1000, it certainly isn't

What he said. The engine was never on an engine dyno, so there is no point in "guessing" numbers...

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
On the other hand the big fat numbers make him feel like a bigger man at the local car shows. He's a legend in his own mind.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
^Much like how attempting to belittle him makes so many of the people in this thread feel like bigger men.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
My question above is valid for any modded car ..... if it takes XX-number of horsepower to run the driveline when stock, why are we all using percentages instead of that XX number when the car is modded?

My car lost approximately 55 hp when stock from crank hp rating to rwhp, and now putting down 591 rwhp should mean approximately 646 crank hp, not 679-695 which are the 13%-loss and 15%-loss crank-hp "guesstimates"

Meanwhile, the driveline, if anything, got more efficient with the swap-in of the aluminum 1-piece driveshaft, so the loss should be even smaller than the original 55hp

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
If you didn't put it on an engine dyno, you dont know shit. Plain and simple

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
It would probably take Breenspeed 6 months to get it on a engine dyne and they would "freshen up" the rotating assembly while they were at it :roflmao:

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
I think the haters should get out of this man's thread! Go find something else to occupy your free time. If you have such a problem with Terry, just get to stepping. No biggie.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My question above is valid for any modded car ..... if it takes XX-number of horsepower to run the driveline when stock, why are we all using percentages instead of that XX number when the car is modded?

My car lost approximately 55 hp when stock from crank hp rating to rwhp, and now putting down 591 rwhp should mean approximately 646 crank hp, not 679-695 which are the 13%-loss and 15%-loss crank-hp "guesstimates"

Meanwhile, the driveline, if anything, got more efficient with the swap-in of the aluminum 1-piece driveshaft, so the loss should be even smaller than the original 55hp

been saying this for years. ow I don't think a fixed number is 100% accurate either as rate of acceleration may cause higher losses. However, it certainly doesn't take 200+ hp to drive the parts from the FW back to the tire IMO.

Gabe, you should read this article, it's one of the better explanations, before you state your expertise on drivetrain loss.

http://www.superstreetonline.com/how-to/engine/modp-1005-drivetrain-power-loss/

cool find Earl

In the end, there's no easy way to estimate the drivetrain loss your vehicle experiences on the road or even on the dyno. Coast-down tests are sometimes used on a dyno to attempt to measure frictional losses, but because this test is not dynamic (meaning they're not done while accelerating, but rather while coasting to a stop with the direct drive gear engaged but the clutch depressed so that the engine and transmission aren't linked) it really only captures steady-state drivetrain losses as well as rolling resistance. So rather than attempting to convert your vehicle's dyno-measured wheel horsepower to a SAE net horsepower figure using a percentage or a fixed horsepower value, you're far better off accepting the fact that these two types of horsepower measurements aren't easily correlated and forego any attempt at doing so.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back