2008 "tigermachine II" Bullitt Mustang build, Pics & Video on Post #518 ...

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You have nice weather down there, you should be able to drive it a lot. When ever you need groceries etc.

Matt,

Merry Christmas buddy ...

Believe it or not it is going to be 70-degrees here this week.

So I will be driving it everytime I can.

The house is basically completed now just the Landscaping Company is left.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas to you as well Terry. I put mine in the garage for the winter before I went on leave for thinks giving. This weather keeps up it will come out for a bit longer. Also I think I am going to get some stuff done before I really park it for the winter. I got Bassinni axle backs, Gt500 take off brakes, new bushings for the bmr lower and upper rear control arms, new bushing for the diff and steeda caster chamber plates. I'm looking to get rid of the chunking and break better.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas to you as well Terry. I put mine in the garage for the winter before I went on leave for thinks giving. This weather keeps up it will come out for a bit longer. Also I think I am going to get some stuff done before I really park it for the winter. I got Bassinni axle backs, Gt500 take off brakes, new bushings for the bmr lower and upper rear control arms, new bushing for the diff and steeda caster chamber plates. I'm looking to get rid of the chunking and break better.

Well you do have a List buddy.
I ran a complete front & rear GT-500 brake system on mine.
Then this last change with the added power I went with the Roush 6-piston brakes on front and the rear 2014/2015 Mustang Gt track-pack brake option.

I think you will like the additional braking !!!

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A 2016 New Year's SURPRISE to me from Philip in "Belgium" ...

Hello guys,

Well I have waited a few days before posting this so I could just maybe think of the right words to say.

I think the best way to share this New Year "SURPRISE" is tell something about the person that sent it to me.

The guy's name is Philip and he lives in Belgium.
tango_face_surprise.png

That's right the fellow that sent what your going to see below is from Belgium not the USA where the majority of us are.
And of course there are many Canadians on this INTERNET Site so certainly don't want to overlook those members.
But this post is about the guy in Belgium so here is a little about him that I know.

He is self employed and has a Bright Yellow GT Mustang.
I think he is in his 40's age wise.
Married with two children that I'll share a picture of below in a few minutes.

I know Philip because we both are customers of BRENSPEED in Pierceton, IN.
That being said Philip has contacted me and we have discussed Brent White/Brenspeed a few times.
As I recall he Googled Brenspeed and in doing so my name (tigerhonaker) came up as he checked out Brenspeed to do business with.
Keep in mind once again Philip is in Belgium so the smart thing for him was to check-out Brenspeed before spending money.
So as I said that's why the two of us came in contact with one another once he found out what INTERNET Site I was on.

The two of us stayed in touch and IMO (In-My-Opinion) became Virtual Friends as time passed.
He ask me my candid thoughts/opinions on doing business with BRENSPEED and Brent White.
That took place more than a few times as things took place with his GT Mustang.
I chose to be very (Matter-of-Fact) in my responses to him regarding Brent & Brenspeed.
As I said to him even though it is highly unlikely we will ever actually meet one another I'm willing to answer anything you want to know about Brent & Brenspeed if I can.
He ask his questions and I said exactly what I really thought with him doing business with Brent/Brenspeed.
As I said to Philip I don't care what Country a person is from I'll treat you like you were my Brother in my responses.
Well guys time passed and we both as I said stayed in touch and became Internet Buddies.

It is very apparent to me that he also saw me in a favorable manner from what I just received.

So, guys/gals you just never know the friendships one can make even with people in other Countries.

Well for those interested you can see and read about his GT Mustang from the below link.

Belgian 05 Mustang GT Convertible

Moving right along with why this post and what the heck did I just receive from him for New Year's 2016 ???

Before I post the pictures of what he sent me I think it's time
to show you who Philip is.

Below is Philip and his Family at Christmas 2015.

This is his work truck & trailer.
Take note they are what color ???

WP_20140825_12_00_44_Pro.jpg

And another one of his rides.
And the color is
tango_face_smile.png

01.jpg

04_1.jpg

This guy has all sorts of rides as here is another below.
Oh and what color gang ???

WP_20141115_17_28_14_Pro.jpg

And lastly for his rides is his what ???
That's right,
his,
Yellow GT Mustang.
tango_face_surprise.png

Okay below is what I just received last Saturday from Philip in Belgium.

I have never seen anything personally like this before.

It is simply outstanding if you saw it in person.
It's cool looking even when not Lit-Up.

It's extremely difficult to take pictures of.
It acts as a mirror as well as it's so clear you see right through it.
But this is below the best I could do to show it.

The above sure has made the start of my 2016 year special.
Thank-You Philip,
Terry aka "tigerhonaker"

Last edited:

toorbeenee

turbine lunatic
Reaction score
That is very nice of him. And you also Terry. Good luck this uear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That is very nice of him. And you also Terry. Good luck this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suhail,

Nice to hear from you again.
Watched a few new videos you posted on You-tube not long ago.

Terry

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
New tires on order for Jan 2016 ...

Guys,

Okay I made the decision this morning to order my new tires for the Bullitt.
As I had mentioned before I have been reading the reviews on the new Continental DWS06 tires.
They have excellent reviews from all over the country.
And all different cars with them from sedans to Z-06 Corvettes.

I have been given it a lot more thought and consideration after ............
I got into the throttle turning onto a street recently and the car instantly broke traction and slid sideways to my left.
Yes I got out of the gas as soon as the car went sideways.
But it told me the Mickey Thompson Street Comp tires were not going to have any traction in the colder months.
(I'm not knocking the M/T tires as they are for Summer Driving)
And the day this incident took place with me it was like in the upper 30's and the sun was out.
Also just to further clarify no I was not matting the gas-pedal just simply being a little aggressive with it.

So guys/gals this is what my thinking is on replacing the new M/T Street Comp tires.
Do I really care if these new Continental DWS06 tires have the most traction in our summers ???
Do I really any longer think I will be at a drag-strip frequently ???
Am I likely to do any SCCA racing or even doing the curvy road racing thing ???

So this is what I have decided for my real world application.
Get the newest A/S (All-Season) tires with one of the highest ratings in the largest tread width for my 10.5" size rear wheels.
That way I retain maximum tread-width in the rear for traction.
And I can hopefully have a much safer tires for all around driving on the street.

The tires have been ordered from Discount Tire which I have been doing business with for a number of years now.
They are like 15-minutes from my house and done excellent service so far.

Here is what I just ordered this morning below.

I went with, 245/45ZR20 Fronts

And, ........... 315/35-ZR20 Rears

Description:
The ExtremeContact DWS 06 (DWS for Dry, Wet & Snow) is Continental's Ultra High Performance All-Season radial developed for drivers of sports cars, sports coupes, performance sedans and sport trucks. Designed to satisfy year-round driving needs, ExtremeContact DWS 06 tires blend dry and wet road performance with wintertime slush and snow traction.
ExtremeContact DWS 06 tires feature Continental's SportPlus Technology, which combines enhanced handling, wet traction and wear. An advanced silica-enhanced all-season tread compound featuring +Silane additives increase wet grip and extend treadlife. This compound is molded into a unique asymmetrical tread design featuring Continental's Chamfered Edges that help deliver maximum tread contact in dry conditions while Traction Grooves (ridges in the bottom of the tread grooves) enhance three-dimensional snow traction. Outboard shoulder macro blocks enhance responsiveness and cornering stability. Central independent blocks with X-sipes, separated by high-angle, crisscross grooves provide the biting edges necessary to promote all-direction traction on wet roads and in light snow. Independent inboard shoulder blocks help disperse water to further hydroplaning resistance and foul-weather traction.
ExtremeContact DWS 06 tires feature QuickView indicators to help identify vehicle misalignment concerns early in the tire's life before wear patterns form, as well as confirm suitability for different driving condition through Tuned Performance Indicators. Tuned Performance Indicators are visible letters molded into the second rib from the outboard shoulder to alert drivers of the tire's performance levels. A visible "DWS" indicates the tire has appropriate tread depth for dry conditions, as well as wet roads and snow. After the "S" has worn away, the remaining "DW" indicates the tire only has appropriate tread depth for dry and most wet road conditions. And after the "W" and "S" have both worn away, the remaining "D" indicates the tire has appropriate tread depth for dry conditions only.
The tire's internal structure features twin steel belts reinforced with spirally wound jointless nylon cap plies to provide long-term integrity under high-speed conditions while reducing weight and helping to provide more uniform ride quality.

Terry

2007Vert

forum member
Reaction score
Terry I put the same tires on my DD which is a 2013 Taurus SHO. They are excellent tires. They have very good traction in all types of weather.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Terry I put the same tires on my DD which is a 2013 Taurus SHO. They are excellent tires. They have very good traction in all types of weather.

I have the same tires and love them.

Mike & Ryan,

Thanks guys for the input. :clap:
I'm looking forward to getting them.
They were in stock at the warehouse I think in Georgia.
So should not be all that long until they arrive at Discount tire.
And the M/T SC-5 front wheel I messed-up.

I think the new set-up is going to be sweet.
I say that because right now I have the 275 tires up front.
No real choice on that as the M/T Street Comps only come in so many 20" sizes.

What I much prefer is a smaller tire up front to accentuate the much larger 315 tires on the rear.
You know a more Muscle-Car look ...........

So these DWS06 are going to be 245's up front and the 315's in rear.
IMO should look totally awesome looking and the proper stance.

Terry

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Speaking of tires,

Well originally I had this great (I-Thought) idea to run USA Mickey Thompson Wheels & their Tires.
Simply because being from way back in the Muscle-Car-Era I wanted to go that route if possible.
(Even though most of us know they are made in another country but carry the M/T name)
Well with that being said I did have to make some compromises.
Sometimes we do have to do that sort of thing if the compromise is not to bad/severe.
In my case the real compromise was not the M/T wheels it was actually the M/T Street Comp 20" tires.
They are very limited in sizes in the 20" category.
Especially if you want to run the largest tire you can for the rear.
Then M/T finally came out with the 305/35-20" rear tires a year after I made my original purchase.
The 1st year I ran the M/T 275 tires in the rear which were IMO to small for the 10.5" M/T wheels.
But I was in constant contact with the Manager over the tires and found out they were going to have the much larger tires in the 20" for the rear.
Of course he nor I thought it was going to take the time it did for them to be released.
So in order to match things up so the ABS etc. would work I had to run the large 275 tires up front with the 305's in the rear.
It's necessary guys for those that don't know to stay within a given acceptable ration/percentage Front to Rear.
IMO, the 275 tires are to big for the front but anyway that was what the compromise was I spoke of above.

I know let me take sometime and post the differences between what I now run and what I will be running.

Then it will be much more obvious when seen in Text as to what I really wanted in the 1st place.

What I actually always wanted was the Muscle-Car look.

You know that Badddd stance from the Exaggerated {STAGGERED} Little to big tires provide.

Below the comparisons:

Front M/T Street Comps 275/35-20 Tread Width 9.7"
Conti DWS06 ................. 245/45-20 Tread Width 8.4"
That's a difference of .............................................. 1.3" Smaller Foot Print Front

Rear M/T Street Comps 305/35-20 Tread Width 10.6"
Conti DWS06 ................ 315/35-20 Tread Width 11.2"
That's a difference of ............................................. .6" Larger Foot Print Rear

So guys what I am actually going to have with the New DWS06 tires is,
Much smaller foot print in front and a much larger foot print in the rear.

Smaller by 1.3" in Tread Width Front.

Larger by
.........6" in Tread Width Rear.

So given that this time around there will have to be No-Compromise in tire size selection I will have IMO exactly the Look & Muscle-Car-Stance I really want.

Something I meant to post earlier I saw in my extensive research was the below.

Terry

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry to go off-topic, but...​
JMLab Mezzo Utopia's plus a Center Utopia? Nice. You don't mess around. I'd like to hear about the rest of it (PM me if you'd like).
I'm also an audio buff (2-channel mostly) but my budget is far less.
I have a small dedicated listening room for 2-channel listening of vinyl, CD, and ipod downloads, with the lowest of high-end components, and a seperate basic home-theater as well.​
Enjoy all your hobbies!​

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry to go off-topic, but...​
JMLab Mezzo Utopia's plus a Center Utopia? Nice. You don't mess around. I'd like to hear about the rest of it (PM me if you'd like).
I'm also an audio buff (2-channel mostly) but my budget is far less.
I have a small dedicated listening room for 2-channel listening of vinyl, CD, and ipod downloads, with the lowest of high-end components, and a seperate basic home-theater as well.​
Enjoy all your hobbies!​

Hi Kris,

HTfrontnew20121.jpg

No worries man on a brief side-track at all.
icon10.gif

I basically really luv two main things.
The Mustang & Home Theater as hobbies and or my interest.
I do listen to music but usually it's from DVDs or Blu-Rays not just a CD.

And as far as what each of us has for a vehicle or H/T in cost who cares.
Most of us IMHO have what our budgets allow.
So my thinking is enjoy what we can afford !!!

I'm an older guy and have been married to Cathy for over 30-years and we did not have children.
So in our situation we can have what I suppose most people would consider the higher-end things.

You ask about the H/T (Home Theater) so below are links to Threads I have done here on S-197 if you would like to check them out.
Pick anyone of them and we can talk all you want on the subject.

There are a lot of pictures and information in the Threads/Posts below.
I think you will enjoy checking things out and as I said anything you want to further discuss just post away.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121820

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89883

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82639

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81952

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74739

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77509

Terry

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, Terry! Quite a dream set-up you have there, congratulations. I enjoy mine as well. Thanks for the links, I'll check them out.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, Terry! Quite a dream set-up you have there, congratulations. I enjoy mine as well. Thanks for the links, I'll check them out.

Your certainly welcome and H/T is a fun/relaxing place to spend time especially in the colder months.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back