2011 5.0 traction control issue/question

jestang

forum member
Reaction score
So I had my car on the dyno a few weeks ago and had some issues with the traction control and advance trac. I thought I had it completely disabled (car in neutral, brake depressed, held traction control button for 5-10 seconds - until I got the advance trac off message) but it was not. We started making the dyno pull and the advance trac kicks on trying to do its thing. Stop and repeat the same exact procedure for turning the advance trac off, get the advance trac off message and this time it doesnt interfere with the dyno pull. Shut the car off for it to cool down abit but on the next dyno pull, I had the same exact thing happen.

Am I doing something wrong here when disabling the advance trac? Or is it not completely disabled (via the car in neutral, brake depressed, hold traction control button for 5-10 seconds - until getting the advance trac off message) like I thought?

Is there any way to disable the system fully? I saw where someone on another forum mentioned pulling the fuse for the advance trac system (which is located behind the passenger kick panel) to fully disable it. Has anyone tried this? Or is there any way to completely turn the system off via tuning (I have the diablosport trinity)? Thanks.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
Also the system resets itself when you turn the car off.. so you will have to repeat that procedure again everytime you shut the car off and on.

jestang

forum member
Reaction score
thanks for the responses but I assure you holding the button does not completely disable the advance trac .... I have witnessed it first hand .... here is the thread I'm referring to regarding pulling the fuse .... I am going to try this the next time I hit the drag strip

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1277225

Anyone else experienced similar issues as whah I explained in my original post? Any of the dyno shops on here had similar issues with the advance trac?

GeorgeInNePa

forum member
Reaction score
I haven't had any trouble at the drag strip.

cecil-geo-1.jpg

StuckInNYForever

Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly what Sport Mode does (it minimally turns off traction control, and firms up steering, and I believe reduces other electronic nanny involvement), but that's what I use sometimes. To go into Sport Mode, hold the brake, and tap the Traction Control button twice somewhat quickly. I never did a dyno pull, so take it fwiw.

Mikes5.0

forum member
Reaction score
When I had my car on the dyno the guy didnt know about the advnaced trac and did not turn it off. I had to drive the car around the lot before retrying the next dyno run. I showed him how to disable it and got some good numbers. Heres my dyno with advanced trac on and off just for fun.

ADV TRC ON

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ADV TRC OFF

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

StuckInNYForever

Reaction score
^WOW! Those graphs say a lot - thank you for posting! I can't believe the difference in power along the whole entire range under 6,000 rpms! I was having an issue with power delivery shutting down while downshifting and nailing it (even with basic traction control off). I will be trying it with advancetrack off tomorrow (by holding button down for 6 seconds).

StuckInNYForever

Reaction score
I turned off AdvanceTrac and everything, and car did NOT hesitate. Something is screwy with the way the electronic nanny's work. I just hope all that stuff is taken care of in the tune when i get a turbo down the road.

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
So is that an accurate representation of what the output is like with Adv Trac on while really driving, or is it because of the dyno?
Since its a dynojet and doesnt load the engine up as much as it should the computer may have seen that as wheelspin (just a theory).

05yellowgt

Reaction score
So is that an accurate representation of what the output is like with Adv Trac on while really driving, or is it because of the dyno?
Since its a dynojet and doesnt load the engine up as much as it should the computer may have seen that as wheelspin (just a theory).
In a world NO. You should have full power with advance track enabled unless you are in a situation where there is excessive wheel slipage or a yaw situation that engages the system. Advance trac freaks out on the dyno because the fron't wheels aren't spinning and the rear wheels are. It thinks you are doing one hell of a burnout if you leave it enabled.

Rick@Amazon

Reaction score
You have to do a few things in the tune and dynoing is not a problem. I really noticed it more on the auto's then the sticks on our mustang dyno when you lock a gear and lock the converter.

Rick

jestang

forum member
Reaction score
I wonder if the early there is a software change between the early model 11's or something cuz I swear on the dyno I did the hold the button with the brake depressed until you get the advance trac off message and the car freaked out and turned the traction control back on as we were getting it up to speed .... it didnt do it every time though is what is strange

Rick is there anyway to completely disable the traction control in the tune for good? I see some people saying there is and some people saying there isnt?

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
When I had my car on the dyno I just turned off the traction control by hitting the button one time and had zero problems.

Rick@Amazon

Reaction score
I wonder if the early there is a software change between the early model 11's or something cuz I swear on the dyno I did the hold the button with the brake depressed until you get the advance trac off message and the car freaked out and turned the traction control back on as we were getting it up to speed .... it didnt do it every time though is what is strange

Rick is there anyway to completely disable the traction control in the tune for good? I see some people saying there is and some people saying there isnt?

Yes Dusty it can be deleted in the tune. I have it off all the time now on our car because of the way I have it shifting. Give me a call or stop on by the shop sometime.
Rick

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
If you turn traction control off in the tune you will get the ABS light, traction light icon and traction off icon light all lit up at the same time. ABS is disabled if you do it this way. See attached pic. This is for a manual car, I have not verified this is the case in an auto but have been told it is.

JJ

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back