2011 5.0 traction control issue/question

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
I have a stick also and nothing stops the back wheels from fishtailing when I get on it with the traction control off.

Mikes5.0

forum member
Reaction score
The advanced trac does not deal with wheal spin only. I know when I get my car going into a drift the computer will kill the power till the car straitens out.

Last edited:

Rick@Amazon

Reaction score
If you turn traction control off in the tune you will get the ABS light, traction light icon and traction off icon light all lit up at the same time. ABS is disabled if you do it this way. See attached pic. This is for a manual car, I have not verified this is the case in an auto but have been told it is.

JJ

OP ask if it can be disabled in the tune. The answer is yes. If you just put a "0" in the traction control switch like most tuners have in the past on older cars you will get all the lights. Yes it does the same with a automatic. There are other ways to accomplish this with these scalers in the right combination (very important!): BTC config, Min VS for TC, Min VS Control Setpoint, TC Button Config,Torque Used when Overriding TC and a few others.

Rick

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back