2011+ Sticking clutch pedal fix

rocco

forum member
Reaction score
Just took mine out during the last commercial brake while watching the coca cola 600. I'll try it out tomorrow. Took less then 3 minutes, good write up.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
I keep forgetting to do this, but after seeing that video, I may tackle it this weekend.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
My "after work" is 2 AM :p. I usually wait till the weekend to do car work because that is when I am not running errands and other BS. Plus this week, it is a bunch of rain, otherwise I would be doing it right now.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Finally got to take my spring out. Definitely a better difference. Feels more like my dad's IROC-Z, which I like. Haven't driven the car with the spring off, but just pressing it you can notice it. I did the trick in the video with it still mounted in the car. It literally takes just seconds after you get the clamp on the spring.

stepqhen

forum member
Reaction score
I just pushed the clutch peddle all the way and compressed the spring with some large channel-locks and it popped right out. Took seconds.

syclone50

forum member
Reaction score
wow the video makes it look so easy. I am going to do this later today!

Thanks for the post

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
Took the spring out and the pedal feel is 100% better. It took me a week to get used to the slightly heavier feel. No sloppiness at the released position either. I really don't know why Ford put the spring in the assembly in the first place.

If you are just thinking about it, stop and go and pull the spring now. You'll be glad you did.

Chris

syclone50

forum member
Reaction score
Did this today.....much better. Took longer for me to climb under the seat then to take out the spring!

DynamiteBlues

Sandy Restore Team
Reaction score
I just did this fix on my '14 track pack.. and while i did notice a firmer and more consistent feel, i noticed my pedal now doesn't return all the way back to the top, if i put my foot under the pedal i can lift the clutch pedal back up another +/- (1/2"). I went back under to make sure everything was re-installed correctly and i noticed that i do not have the spring around the shaft on the clutch in my assembly which ensured it returns all the way to the top like my brake pedal. So technically its keeping the clutch ever so slightly depressed. Anyone else's assembly missing the shaft spring? should I re-install the helper spring ?

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
cant believe Ive owned my car for 3yrs and just now did this smh, lol it took all of 10 minutes, 8 of which were putting that stupid clip and actuator back in lol. I dont have any play at the top of the pedal, but I havent driven the car yet. much better pedal feel however. Ill keep the parts around, my wife likes the fake light clutch feel, and she may be taking the car over if I buy either a 11-12 Shelby or a 15/16 5.0 in the near future

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back