2012 Boss 302 Rotating assembly, A closer look.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
With the advent of the 2011 Mustang GT & the all new 5.0L Coyote Engine, the availability of cool parts from Ford Racing has increased. This is even more so the case with the 2012 Boss 302 with the RoadRunner 5.0L. FRPP offers many of the standard issue Boss parts as upgrades for 2011-2012 Mustang GT owners. Of that offering, the Boss 302 Forged Crankshaft & Piston & Rod Assemblies offer GT owners a relatively inexpensive option when looking to upgrade their shortblock.

I only have one word to describe the M-6303-M50B 2012 Boss 302 Forged Crankshaft as it comes out of the box from Ford Racing - Shiney. It looks more like something an artist dreamed up instead of a Forged Steel pillar of performance. Tipping the scales at 52.2 lbs, it retains the stock 92.7mm stroke & comes finish machined & balanced for use with the M-6100-M50BR Piston & Rod Assemblies. Use of this crank with another piston/rod setup will require rebalancing. Even though the crank flange has the new 9 bolt design, the GT 6 bolt flywheel goes right on. All you need is new bearings.

The FRPP M-6100-M50BR 2012 Boss 302 Forged Piston & Rod Assemblies are ready to do business. The pistons come from Mahle & equipped with an anti-friction coating on the skirts & are loaded with a 1mm top, 1mm second, & 2.5mm oil control ring package. They are mated to the sinter-forged connecting rod via a full floating pin. The rods are a cracked cap design we became familiar with when the 4.6L modulars were introduced. The rod bolts are 12 point torque-to-yeild. Thes piston/rod assemblies weigh in at 2.5 lbs each & are the standard 5.0L bore size & compression ratio. The Boss Piston & Rod Assemblies are balanced for use with the M-6303-M50B 2012 Boss 302 Forged Crankshaft. Use with any other crankshaft will require re-balancing. Once again, all you need is new bearings.

As you can see, there is a lot of value packed in to this rotating assembly! Make your Coyote catch up with the RoadRunner & forge your Bottom End without breaking the bank.

Last edited:

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
A nice customer of mine returned these parts along with some valve springs and valves. Im pretty sure over the winter mine will be getting these internals.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
It was me that returned them. Now I wish I wouldn't have since I ordered the blower. I will probably be back in for a new set. Didn't think I was going to have time to do the build I wanted to do. But so far the Army is leaving me alone. FML I should have kept them.

Live and learn. I guess.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
$290 for the BOSS 302 crank!?!?!?! HOLY $HIT...that's cheap!

COYO TT

Stangless
Reaction score
So you can simply have the shop pull the motor, put this assembly in, and reinstall? No block machining or anything is needed? Do you need to eliminate the squirters?

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
So you can simply have the shop pull the motor, put this assembly in, and reinstall? No block machining or anything is needed? Do you need to eliminate the squirters?
You do not need to delete the squirters. And yes as long as the crank is match with the Boss internals(pistons/rods) it is as simple as swapping them. No balancing them/machining. They are they same size as regular 5.0 ones.

The valves and springs are the same way.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I know of at least one Boss making mid 800's right now. I think even EVO had one of their customers slap a KB on a boss and make 800+ if im not mistaken.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back