2012 GT 500 Front End Conversion....

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
thing looks awesome! as others have said, Id definitely remove the cobra badge though

kystang615

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure about the hood pins yet. What could I put in the holes to stop them up if I don't use pins?

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
This is just my opinion as I know you've struggled with those hood pins even before you made your mind up to buy the hood to, BUT with a blown motor(go), black car with a SINISTER new front end(show), the hood pins and lanyards would soooooooooooooooooo compliment the aggressiveness of your car is a SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK way. :drool: :drool:

I'd already have them on, but again, that's me.

To answer your question you could paint them black to "camaflouge" them but anything but the real thing is gonna stick out like a turd in a punch bowl.

OR
if you have to have anything painted black, or not, take it to the paint and body shop and have them fill in the holes. Black is easy to match so the price should be reasonable.
konablue11gt said:
That looks awesome!!! Pm me when you want my money

I want it!!!! PM sent! haha:clap:

Last edited:

kystang615

forum member
Reaction score
Sure wish I could drive it today. Put on the parts and went outa town

Kris_H

forum member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the 2013 GT grille won't fit in a 10-13 GT500 front fascia. Look at the lower corners of the grille and you'll see the GT is radiused and the GT500 is sharp. :(

Great work on the retrofit! What parts were actually involved and did it seem like anything is missing?

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Unfortunately the 2013 GT grille won't fit in a 10-13 GT500 front fascia. Look at the lower corners of the grille and you'll see the GT is radiused and the GT500 is sharp. :(

I went to Latemodelresto and looked at a front end pick of the GT500 and compared it to mine and I noticed this subtle difference.

What I want to know is will the whole bumper cover and both grills from the 10-12 GT500 fit on a 2013??? I really like the fogs being where they are on the GT500 bumper cover versus in the grill on the GT.

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
I went to Latemodelresto and looked at a front end pick of the GT500 and compared it to mine and I noticed this subtle difference.

What I want to know is will the whole bumper cover and both grills from the 10-12 GT500 fit on a 2013??? I really like the fogs being where they are on the GT500 bumper cover versus in the grill on the GT.

what I want to know is if the 13 GT hoods fit the 10-13 gt500 bumpers and will the 13 gt500 grills fit the gt500 10-12 bumpers.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back