2013 5.0 Guys - Heads-up on Upcoming Update

LockNLoad

Reaction score
Sorry if I missed it somewhere in the thread, but has Ford (or somebody else) found a fix for this (besides giving you a new car)???

Bald Menace

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry if I missed it somewhere in the thread, but has Ford (or somebody else) found a fix for this (besides giving you a new car)???

a new crank sensor solved my issue. the old one was a bit loose in the mount and was causing the issue.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score

The engineers developed a new tune while using me and a few other guys nation-wide as test car owners. I drive about 1500 -2000 miles a month and they needed to vet the fix before it was finalized.

My car was replaced by Ford after the fix was developed. I can confirm the fix works. Per the Ford engineer I spoke to, my car was the worst out of all their customers. When they were done, it was completely resolved.

The bases for the replacement car was that I had 6500 miles of driving with misfire. The excessive engine wash would obviously lead to premature part failure of key engine parts. So, they used the point that the car was "serviced" 6 times as they attempted to refine the tune as proper justification to exchange the car under the VA lemon laws. No lawyers; no arm twisting; no dragging it out forever. Ford just did the right thing... hat-tip to Ford.

Last edited:

Justinjor

JUIC3D
Reaction score
The engineers developed a new tune while using me and a few other guys nation-wide as test car owners. I drive about 1500 -2000 miles a month and they needed to vet the fix before it was finalized.

My car was replaced by Ford after the fix was developed. I can confirm the fix works. Per the Ford engineer I spoke to, my car was the worst out of all their customers. When they were done, it was completely resolved.

The bases for the replacement car was that I had 6500 miles of driving with misfire. The excessive engine wash would obviously lead to premature part failure of key engine parts. So, they used the point that the car was "serviced" 6 times as they attempted to refine the tune as proper justification to exchange the car under the VA lemon laws. No lawyers; no arm twisting; no dragging it out forever. Ford just did the right thing... hat-tip to Ford.

Just read this whole thread and want to say kudos to you for keeping calm during this ordeal. It's nice to hear of a happy ending when these situations develop.

My '13 has a build date of 1/2013 so you're basically a part of my car forever :clap:

tack514

New Idiot
Reaction score
Outstanding read..sorry it was at someone's expense. New Ford owner here. Think I will stick with them.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Just read this whole thread and want to say kudos to you for keeping calm during this ordeal. It's nice to hear of a happy ending when these situations develop.

My '13 has a build date of 1/2013 so you're basically a part of my car forever :clap:

LOL... that's awesome. I never thought of it that way.

Outstanding read..sorry it was at someone's expense. New Ford owner here. Think I will stick with them.

Yea, I was always happy with the service and support I received from Ford and it's dealers. This was just outstanding. The issue itself sucked, but I am very happy with the outcome.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back