2013 5.0 Guys - Heads-up on Upcoming Update

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
So you got another 6M? I thought you had said all 2013 6M cars had the pcm issue that caused all of the problems with the car they bought back. I'm confused....

The issue has been resolved as of a few weeks ago and the affected cars were only within a specific build date, of which this one is well outside of.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
That looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great looking car.

Thanks for the kudos! I love this car. LOL

What do you mean by

Are you referring to the latest TSB ?

What are the dates affected ?

Yes, I am referring to the recent TSB about random misfires. My car is one of the cars that was used to develop the new tune. According to the Ford Engineer I spoke to, my car was the worst of all of them.

The dates are basically any 2013 Mustang GT with a manual trans built on or before 11/30/2012.

So the dealer is installing mods? and tune? and you still have full warrenty?

Yes the dealer is installing mods for me. I will keep my full warranty for everything except for the R&P. If I have drive line problems and it is determined that the R&P had anything to do with it, they won't warranty that failure.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
What does R&P stand for?

Ring and Pinion for the rear-end.

Did he mentioned that the TSB is a definitive fix ?

Yes, it is. However, it seems that there is some special method that has to be used to flash the unit. The first time the tech tried to install it, it showed that it was successful, but the load didn't stay after the car was power cycled. The engineer actually came to the dealership to show the techs how to perform the reflash to make it a nonvolatile change.

me32

forum member
Reaction score
So are they working on a fix for a miss fire at idle that some 11-13 5.0 A6 an M6 are having

Last edited:

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
So are they working on a fox for a miss fire at idle that many 11-13 5.0 A6 an M6 are having

Amazingly I haven't seen the issue you describe on any of the 4 2011-2013 A6 car's I have driven......

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I've never had a single problem. But the new one looks nice. I love black, but SG is too sexy

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

me32

forum member
Reaction score
Amazingly I haven't seen the issue you describe on any of the 4 2011-2013 A6 car's I have driven......

I guess it only effects some cars. Ive read others have had it. My M6 never did it but my A6 does. Doesnt seem to effect anything. It a light miss you can here in the exhaust tone. Doesnt happen all the time. It happens on stock cars. Not sure if it happens on tuned cars.

Jake1

Slow Mo
Reaction score
Dont know if this will effect me so figured I should ask, 2013 GT M6 Ordered in Aug 2012 picked it up Nov 1 2012 so I guess it falls in the category but I put 500 miles on it then put parts and a tune on it......will it effect my car? Or because it has a tune on it, it changes factory shit anyway?

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
You are a person who has a car that is covered by this. If you do not see any symptoms, I wouldn't worry about it too much though.

The fact that you have an aftermarket tune may actually be helping you, since this is a tuning problem. However, if it starts acting up, you may want to return it to stock before you bring it to the dealer for assistance. All I had on my car was aftermarket mufflers and I caught some grief early in the process.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Couple pics from today. The grass is dead... I think I made it look to green. I think the car looks nice though. LOL

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 146
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 145

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back