2013 5.0 Guys - Heads-up on Upcoming Update

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
Yea, I was supposed to get mine back today too. Not even a phone call.

Is it just me or are you starting to see a pattern of bullshit with these guys?

After calling Ford 6 times in 10 days and complaining that I want them to replace my car, they finally called me today. The CSR told me he would start the process and there is a wait of 7-10 days before they notify me of their decision. Got a funny feeling I'm not gonna like the next communication I have with them.

Any updates on this?

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Any updates on this?

I got the car back, drove it for a week, had it retested. So far the logs are clear.

Still waiting for a new engine or car those. Misfire for 6,700 miles, washing oil off of the cylinder walls can't be good for longevity. They were supposed to call me Friday... but no love.

Bald Menace

forum member
Reaction score
I haven't had much chance to drive my car yet but so far no engine light issues. I have about 100 miles on it since getting it back

phoenix335

Reaction score
I got the car back, drove it for a week, had it retested. So far the logs are clear.

Still waiting for a new engine or car those. Misfire for 6,700 miles, washing oil off of the cylinder walls can't be good for longevity. They were supposed to call me Friday... but no love.

I haven't had much chance to drive my car yet but so far no engine light issues. I have about 100 miles on it since getting it back

Any updates. I had this happen in Dec and again today so I'm hoping the new PCM calibration fixes this.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Any updates. I had this happen in Dec and again today so I'm hoping the new PCM calibration fixes this.

My car is still running okay, but I still don't trust it. I felt it misfire a few times, but the CEL didn't turn on. I think they just bumped the threshold and sent me on my way.

Ford agreed to replace my car for me. I am expecting to take delivery in less than 2 weeks. Guess I can't be too upset.

tagle281

forum member
Reaction score
My car is still running okay, but I still don't trust it. I felt it misfire a few times, but the CEL didn't turn on. I think they just bumped the threshold and sent me on my way.

Ford agreed to replace my car for me. I am expecting to take delivery in less than 2 weeks. Guess I can't be too upset.

That's good to hear Fords taking care of you. I guess they have to. But anyway they owe that to you. People like me who buy nothing but Fords, pay attention to these things so when the next time myself, a friend or family member purchases another vehicle, we know who takes care of who.

phoenix335

Reaction score

That's awesome that they are making it right. I hope mine doesn't turn into anything as bad but I'm now hesitant to put on the new suspension I have in the basement.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
That's good to hear Fords taking care of you. I guess they have to. But anyway they owe that to you. People like me who buy nothing but Fords, pay attention to these things so when the next time myself, a friend or family member purchases another vehicle, we know who takes care of who.

I have owned 6 Mustangs and an Edge and this is truly the first Ford I have ever had problems with. (excluding self-induced problems of course... LOL) I have been happy all along, but the real find, the real chance to see who really is good and who is not, is how you are treated when stuff goes wrong. Everyone is great to deal with when there is no problems.

Anyway, I'm pretty stoked. I wish the problem didn't occur or take as long to resolve, but Ford never resisted or tried to deny responsibility, so instead of a refund, I opted for Mustang # 7. As long as they keep up the trend, they have a customer for life.

That's awesome that they are making it right. I hope mine doesn't turn into anything as bad but I'm now hesitant to put on the new suspension I have in the basement.

eh, unless you have less then a couple thousand miles, I wouldn't sweat it. Most real problems come on early and occurrences like mine, bald menace and others with this issue are really such a small percent of the production group, that its very low risk you will have any manufacturing problems.

Once I get my new car I'm going to put a few thousand miles on it to make sure everything is ok. Then it's getting a 2.9L Whipple, American Racing LT's, Boss quad exhaust, wheels and tires... then the beatings will begin. LOL

Wile E. Coyote

Reaction score
This issue was probably already discussed prior to me commented on this thread however I have had a couple issues with my 2013 (only 8k miles). First issue was a bent rear axle which was replaced under warranty, however shortly after I started getting a CEL blinking on and off with the car feeling like it was missing a cylinder (Im assuming cylinder 8 as I have read precious threads discussing a similar problem). I am skeptical of taking it back to the dealer again for fear that they will say nothing is wrong (doesn't happen consistent enough). Anyone else with the issue, and recommendations? I don't mean to hijack this thread either***

claudermilk

Reaction score
If there's a CEL, there should be a code stored. The manual says a blinking CEL indicates a misfire & to take it to be serviced. So, I would take it in & have it looked at.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Well, the dealer called. They got all my paperwork and told me to come out an pick out a car. I'm excited! I am searching for a GT Premium with 3.73's and the comfort package in any color but grabber blue... Shouldn't be too hard, right?

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Well, the dealer called. They got all my paperwork and told me to come out an pick out a car. I'm excited! I am searching for a GT Premium with 3.73's and the comfort package in any color but grabber blue... Shouldn't be too hard, right?

GHIG!

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Well, Here's the replacement...

Black GT Premium with leather power heated seats, heated side view mirror with pony projector lamps, dual-zone climate, NAV, carbon fiber interior trim, 6 speed manual, blue interior trim and stitching, some bad ass looking rims with tiny tires and a bunch more.

It is staying at the dealer for a few days while they put in my GT 500 grill, CS fog lights, 4.10 gears, CAI and a tune... I'm stoked.

IMG-20130208-00050.jpg

IMG-20130208-00051.jpg

IMG-20130208-00052.jpg

IMG-20130208-00053.jpg

IMG-20130208-00054.jpg

IMG-20130208-00056.jpg

Last edited:

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
So you got another 6M? I thought you had said all 2013 6M cars had the pcm issue that caused all of the problems with the car they bought back. I'm confused....

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back