2013 5.0 Guys - Heads-up on Upcoming Update

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
wanna chime in here.

4657.3 Miles. Track Pack, march build. i have NONE of these issues. car is daily driven, it gets parked mostly on the weekend due to wet roads.

ive got wicked wheel hop, but it can be easily solved. i dont consider it an issue per say.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
wanna chime in here.

4657.3 Miles. Track Pack, march build. i have NONE of these issues. car is daily driven, it gets parked mostly on the weekend due to wet roads.

ive got wicked wheel hop, but it can be easily solved. i dont consider it an issue per say.

Same here. Premium GT, 5,5XX miles and no issues like this so far. I've even been datalogging and Bama said everything looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Not every car will see drivability issues or a CEL, but the problem is still present in all 2013 Mustang GT's with a manual transmission... regardless of how it feels to the driver.

I'm glad you are having any issues. I think a recall may not be done because the EPA signed off on the tune and not all cars are experiencing visible symptoms.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
If it was a problem in all 2013s with a M6 wouldn't a misfire show up in a datalog?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
No, only when the computer is in mode 6 monitoring. As far as I know only authorized Ford dealers have the hardware to do so. You wont see it with a OTC tuner/handheld. The misfire count needs to be over a specific number per second/minute (no sure which) before it affects the temp logs you can read P codes from.

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
if the engine is misfiring, it WILL cause a CEL. if the cars tune is off, in any variable outside of tune commands a CEL is triggered.

dont buy into what youre being told. youre being kept of the lemon law sent with these so called fixes.

if the issues you are having were as wide spread as your being lead to believe it would be all over forums as the #8 of the 2013MY. its not. i feel bad for you brother, id get loud and demand a fix NOW or another 2013.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
I have enough documented attempts to fix the car to push the lemon law issue here in VA, but I really like the car and would like to keep it.

Like I said, the original reflash made amazing improvements in the performance and after the dealer had the controller relearn the misfire protocol the issue went away immediately.

If it comes back again and they shrug their shoulders, I'll tell them a new BOSS 302 will keep us out of court, but for now, I'm happy. Kinda bummed I'm going through this... but do love the car.

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
I have enough documented attempts to fix the car to push the lemon law issue here in VA, but I really like the car and would like to keep it.

Like I said, the original reflash made amazing improvements in the performance and after the dealer had the controller relearn the misfire protocol the issue went away immediately.

If it comes back again and they shrug their shoulders, I'll tell them a new BOSS 302 will keep us out of court, but for now, I'm happy. Kinda bummed I'm going through this... but do love the car.

youve got a good attitude. best of luck to ya. hope this get resolved. :thumb2:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Did I say no other manufacturers been through this? No. We're talking Ford's here. I said this because Ford's quality has been lackluster IMO. The #8, the MT-82, and now this. There's no doubt Ford will have a fix for this. They have to fix it. The thing we don't know is how many people have this problem.

I don't have any issues with my MT82 nor with this misfiring issue.

Almost 6,000 miles on the car.

And as far as I've read on all the forums I've been on, the #8 "issue" only presented itself on tuned cars from early tunes that weren't done right.

According to the Ford Engineering Rep I have spoken to, 100% of all 2013 Mustang GT's with a manual transmission are affected by this. It is a manufacturing defect. Not all cars will see a CEL, but all 2013 Mustang GT's with a manual transmission are accumulating misfires in the logs. I don't know if a recall will be done, but the TSB has been issued for those who do see the CEL.

I highly doubt it affects ALL the man-trans 2013's ... maybe they're all susceptible, that doesn't mean they're all affected ...

S

Steedagus

The dealer just called me. He said the reflash was done wrong. The proper TSB and supporting "how-to" documents weren't released until yesterday. It seems there are two separate components that needed to be serviced. One was the reflash and the other is some kind of table relating to the adaptive tuning needing to be reset to erase all the old values.

I'm going to go pick it up... lets see what the next 1,000 miles bring.

EDIT: Just picked it up. Receipt says "relearn misfire protocol"

Sounds like they didnt do the misfire monitor neutral profile correction with the IDS after they originally flashed it. They should have known to do that, that has been a known issue since 2011.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
I highly doubt it affects ALL the man-trans 2013's ... maybe they're all susceptible, that doesn't mean they're all affected ...

You don't get it... and I think maybe a few others are in the same boat, so I will try it again.

There is a bad tune profile currently installed in every single 2013 Mustang GT with a manual transmission. You may not be seeing symptoms, but the exact same tune profile that "was" in my car causing an issue is in every single 2013 Mustang GT with a manual transmission. Therefore, all 2013 Mustang GT with a manual transmission are affected.

Again, this is per Ford Engineers that I have spoken to. If you have a car that meets the description, you have the bad tune... drivability problems and CEL or not, its a bad tune.

Now, with that said. Do I think everyone should go get their car retuned? No, of course not. If your car is running fine and you're happy great. If you are one of the poor fucks like me who wasn't to happy, then I have helped arm you with info to potentially get help.

...and they all lived happily ever after. The End.

skulls

forum member
Reaction score
do you think my car has the tsb done from ford if it was built in thr middle of Dec.?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Hani

forum member
Reaction score
As per the TSB, cars built on or before 11/30/2012 may experience this issue. So, I think you are fine. My car was built in December as well.

ISSUE:
Some 2013 Mustang vehicles equipped with a 5.0L engine and manual transmission and built on or before 11/30/2012 may exhibit a Check Engine Light illuminated accompanied by any combination of diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304, P0305, P0306, P0307 and/or P0308 stored in continuous memory only. Additionally, there will be no apparent drivability symptoms present and no DTCs present which are not listed.

skulls

forum member
Reaction score
As per the TSB, cars built on or before 11/30/2012 may experience this issue. So, I think you are fine. My car was built in December as well.

thx for pointing that out!!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
My car has zero issues... But just in case, I fixed it with boost.

But seriously, OP, you're a good man and far more patient than I. If I were in your shoes, that dealer would HATE me and probably give me whatever I wanted just to make me leave. lol. But I'm an asshole sooo.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
It has to be a batch of bad PCM's and that's the ONLY reason I would continue to refrain from modding because eventually you guys will likely get them replaced when FORD quits jacking with ya'll heads.

I would be quite frustrated to know the problem could be easily rectified by putting a good PCM in the car and sending me on my way instead of potential causing long term ill effects on my motor by jacking around.

Well, what kind of friend would I be if I didn't offer you guys that are stuck at stock a small taste of goodness?????

v8-motor.gif
:evil:

Your welcome.:crazy::roflmao:

Last edited:

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
I see your cam noise and raise you a crying coyote. :thumb2:

Guys with issues, this is your fix. :crazy:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back