2013 gt with annoying vibration above 55. anyone else?

2mchtoy

addicted to speed
Reaction score
Brought back to the dealership. They put on new tires. Nope. Still there. They suggested bringing it to a dealer with a road balancer. Did that. Helped alittle. Still there though. Driving me nuts. They don't know what else to look for since the cars are soo new. Thinking about a class action law suite if they can't figure it out as I have read of a lot of mt82 owner's complaining also and I have an auto. My wife took out a new 6 speed and said it was worse in the manuals.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Mine is pretty damn smooth and quite. I have about 2,100 miles as of today. You getting a vibration from the steering wheel or where at?

BHD

forum member
Reaction score
it happens when you start driving above or braking from 55? braking is a common issue and you might wanna skim the brakes, but never mind it will occur again after a heavy brake..
vibration while driving usually from unbalanced wheels but you said they did the job, or perhaps they didn't do it right

my 0.02 cents

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
After-market wheels?

They change out the stock wheels if those are what you're on?

Could be a D/S that lost a weight, improperly set D/S angle, bent axle(s), bad motor mounts, trans mounts, bad suspension pieces, the list goes on. If all they've done is replace the tires, they're no where NEAR being done trouble-shooting this.

way2qk4u2c

forum member
Reaction score
I have the same problem... They can't figure it out either and say its normal. If you figure it out let me know. I gave up after a new rear end and tires.

It seems rotational issue but mine seems to get better over 100mph from 50-85 is ridiculous. My feet literally fall asleep from the unique vibration.

I hold my shifter and I feel no vibration in it...which if the d/s was unbalanced I would think the shifter would feel it.

Last edited:

DeepImpactPony

forum member
Reaction score
I've got 6,000 miles on mine, have hit 142 MPH on the NJ Turnpike, have made 15 passes at the track, and never had an issue, with vibrations, you got me curious.

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 GT and no issues. Mine has 4500 miles, took it from NJ to FL and no viberations. Pretty smooth driving car.

Do you know if the tires are properly balanced?

Last edited:

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score
When I fly back in to nashvile I will immediately turn on to the highway from where I'm parked I will check to see if mine does it I have 1100 miles on mine which almost 900 miles are from driving under 45 mph

Last edited:

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
Wow, i just saw the video on the EPAS and thats crazy!

How many people does that effect? Guess Ford has to put new electric sterring ?

way2qk4u2c

forum member
Reaction score
I'm going to experiment with the advance Trac on and off to see if that's my issue too. My steering does shimmy but not as bad as that video. Hopefully this is the answer because it's driving me nuts.

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
After-market wheels?

They change out the stock wheels if those are what you're on?

Could be a D/S that lost a weight, improperly set D/S angle, bent axle(s), bad motor mounts, trans mounts, bad suspension pieces, the list goes on. If all they've done is replace the tires, they're no where NEAR being done trouble-shooting this.

i agree. my 13 has nearly 4k miles and no vibrations.

2mchtoy

addicted to speed
Reaction score
Let's see. Tires have been re balanced then replaced. Still stock wheels. Then put on the road balancer which puts a road load on tires and rebalancing them. Doesn't matter what type of road it's always there 55 and above. Gets worse as you go faster. My thought is the driveshaft as that is what I did to fix my fox body when it had a higher speed vibration. If you hold the bottom of the steering wheel you feel the vibration worse which is weird. All the tech's can feel it as can the service manager. Which I guess I'm lucky at least they know I'm not crazy.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back