2015 Mustang GT gets a line lock as standard equipment!

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I read that just racing your car voids the warranty.

It always did, but giving you a race specific feature takes it to a new level of hypocrisy. I'd even call it a dare lol.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just like the ads showing Raptors jumping and stuff and then frames buckling when guys jumped them and Ford denied the claims.

toorbeenee

turbine lunatic
Reaction score
Strap a charger and leave the ignition on all night put the windows up and down few times, clears all history in the PCM.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
You have to wonder if it logs that info differently than a flash log.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Well, someone is going to run into this and we'll be reading about the goods and bads on how warranties are handled! But, just doing line-lock burnout does not mean you are necessarily racing the car; how can that really be proved? You can burn out on the street, roll to a light, wait for it...wait for it..then go! And just be doing some spirited street driving. Although, if you let up after 1/4 or 1/8 mile, that could be suspicious. Still, they can't prove you were really "racing", unless racing is defined more specifically as to its meaning.
Nonetheless, fighting a dealership over warranty issues could get challenging.
(I especially like the comment about what if the line lock doesn't work and they have to fix it as a warranty item!!! :beer:)

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I'd love to see what they do if someone says the line lock doesn't work :roflmao:
They would probably jack one front tire up and try to spin it, "could not duplicate concern".

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I know dudes that never race that are ten times harder on their cars than anybody I've ever seen at the glen.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Why is everyone so surprised that racing your car voids the warranty? I'm shocked by these comments online...

"Wow, Ford why build fast car and void warranty when i street race?"

"i put line lock on my 06 Gt and that did not void warranty."

"do they no if u used track apps?"

"i have a bama tune and they will cover my engine if it makes too much power"

wtf is wrong with people

char259

Wolf Pack Racing
Reaction score
Yeah but the mustang engineer talks up taking it to the track and racing it. Seems like a setup, notice he didn't mention the warranty in talking about How cool this feature is. I could easily see this attracting someone who doesn't know the whole story

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I'm not surprised, racing has always voided your warranty.
But for a manufacturer to put a racing specific device in your car, throws me off a bit.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Ford is catering to the needs of their past and present customers. They know that it will be a great option, but obviously they can't warranty you going out and using it - racing and abuse to a vehicle only causes premature wear... if people don't realize that then maybe you should find out the hard way.

I just think if you are that ignorant to run out, buy a Mustang, roast the tires everyday for a 1 minute before your morning commute and then snap a half shaft and think that it's going to be covered under warranty... then that's just ridiculous.

Yes the promo is a cocktease, but features like these should be understood and a void warranty is implied from abusing your car to begin with.

Last edited:

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Why is everyone so surprised that racing your car voids the warranty? I'm shocked by these comments online...

wtf is wrong with people

I'm with you on this.

Let's face it, you can't expect these engineers to design these cars for all the abuse we're gonna put them through, especially on the track, for any sort of affordable price.

It's a cool feature, but personally I wouldn't race a car under warranty anyways. Let the warranty expire and then go race.

Think of it like this; in five years when a bunch of S550s are showing up used without a warranty, people are gonna be all over this feature.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score

wtf is wrong with people

Ford is catering to the needs of their past and present customers. They know that it will be a great option, but obviously they can't warranty you going out and using it - racing and abuse to a vehicle only causes premature wear... if people don't realize that then maybe you should find out the hard way.

I just think if you are that ignorant to run out, buy a Mustang, roast the tires everyday for a 1 minute before your morning commute and then snap a half shaft and think that it's going to be covered under warranty... then that's just ridiculous.

Yes the promo is a cocktease, but features like these should be understood and a void warranty is implied from abusing your car to begin with.

I agree with you, all though some of the guys on C5 are loving this bc they keep throwing the GM warranties the ZL1 and Z/28 for track use..or is GM using creative wording?

Last edited:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I don't think they are warrantied for racing either lol.
They are however warrantied for "instructional driving events".
If you're racing and it's competitive or timed in anyway your warranty is void per GM.

Last edited:

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
I don't think they are warrantied for racing either lol.
They are however warrantied for "instructional driving events".
If you're racing and it's competitive or timed in anyway your warranty is void per GM.

Im searching over at C5 now lol. They all say Z/28 and ZL1 warranty covers track day use...maybe thats just creative wording

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back