2015 underside....yikes

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
Except that 67 was never available with a fucking 4 banger. Ecoboost or not, that is an atrocity to the Mustang name.
You should become more well-versed on Mustang's heritage. First of all, that's a '65 fastback. And there was a time when the turbo-4 was the fastest Mustang available.

Atrocity?
mump_0310_02_z%252B1984_ford_mustang_svo%252B16_inch_aluminum_wheels.jpg

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Sorry, 65. And that Fox body is not what we are talking about here. I understand what that car is, and what it is not.

IndyEric

forum member
Reaction score
I can't understand why they didn't offer the turbo 6, makes no sense imo. Gas efficiency I guess.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
A 4 cylinder Mustang, no matter how fast it is, or was or whatever, is just not what a Mustang is. Kind of like how you see a V6 on the road, and no offense to V6 owners here, but you are just like, oh, it is a V6.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Since always, which is the damn problem. Quit marketing the damn thing as a four seater when it fits two. Would be nice if they could fit five and make enjoyable for the whole family.

As long as they include Ryan in the back seat testing, I think it'll pass as a 4 seater.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Still looks like the s197 chassis in some places. IRS retro fit anyone??!! Lol

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
A 4 cylinder Mustang, no matter how fast it is, or was or whatever, is just not what a Mustang is. Kind of like how you see a V6 on the road, and no offense to V6 owners here, but you are just like, oh, it is a V6.

Heh. Well, I don't exactly disagree. But Ford is in the market to sell cars - globally, now - and they have to look past the testosterone-driven needs of middle aged American guys. A direct-injected turbo four has a lot of appeal to potential European customers where gasoline costs around nine dollars per gallon. Plus, the American kiddos coming from the tuner crowd will love it. They still kept a V8 available for us.

Reaction score

Say what you want, but that 4 cyl turbo will bring A LOT of new buyers to the Ford Mustang. Not to mention a lot of older guys who remember the SVO.

If the aftermarket shoots off for them and the potential is there, I will definately think about one.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
The undercarriage on the 2015 is ugly. For this one single reason, I'll keep my '13. LOL

Oil changes should be a breeze, doe.

05yellowgt

Reaction score
Still looks like the s197 chassis in some places. IRS retro fit anyone??!! Lol

It would naturally look similar since the S550 isn't a brand new, fresh start design. They started with the S197 chassis and made design changes from there. They started with the IRS and then decided the front suspension needed upgraded too. The S197 was initially meant to have an IRS but they nixed the idea during the design phase.

Bud

forum member
Reaction score

meh, fast is fast. Tunnel vision leads to missing out on some very cool non-v8 stuff out there. "It's just a 6"...until it drags your ass:

hey, remember when everyone hated the look of the 10+ mustangs? I do. You guys will learn to love it.

I still think the 11's and 12's have a fat ass (not in a good way). Haven't liked the rear end of a mustang since the 09's. The new cars sure are fun though!

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
this post removes all your credibility.

Jeeps, and the litany of problems they have, make the payments on my Fords.

outside of personal opinions on the S550s looks, the car is a FANTASTIC leap forward for the breed.

i love my 13, and will probably keep it for the foreseeable future but the S550 and its coming models are huge HR for FORD. this car will be finally, seriously, taking sales from the europeans.

i guess I'm just sick and tired of hearing the bitching over this car. it happens every gen. the difference with the S550 is the first actual leap forward in tech and performance.
You do realize the jeep community is probably one of the largest in the world right? I've had 3 jeeps so they are not new to me and yes, I would take a new four door Rubicon over that new Stang any day of the week.

JimC

Reaction score
I can't understand why they didn't offer the turbo 6, makes no sense imo. Gas efficiency I guess.
Europe effect. A lot of countries tax based upon the size of the engine, so in addition to the high cost of gas there, taxes drive things to the 4 cylinder.

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
You do realize the jeep community is probably one of the largest in the world right? I've had 3 jeeps so they are not new to me and yes, I would take a new four door Rubicon over that new Stang any day of the week.

and it puzzles me too. Jeeps make every german car ever look like a honda accord. don't get me wrong, you and your buddies allow me to hit my bonuses and pay/play for my 5.0. so have at it man.

just today we had a 10 wrangler, 27k. needs water pump/VC gaskets/t-case resale/pinion seals/and looks like the heater core is gone too. probably going to be a 2k RO and the owner was talking about how much he loves it and needs it back asap.

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score

and when a 2.3EB with a 6260 on it bends you over and pulls your hair will you be singing the same tune?

id agree with you if the I4 car was 167hp turd, but a 310+hp forged twin scroll engine that will make 3v guys cry at night is pretty cool imho.

kon5t

forum member
Reaction score
Except that 67 was never available with a fucking 4 banger. Ecoboost or not, that is an atrocity to the Mustang name.

Yep but peeps want the mileage, I bet it will be the biggest seller (to the usual housewife crowd)

kon5t

forum member
Reaction score
Heh. Well, I don't exactly disagree. But Ford is in the market to sell cars - globally, now - and they have to look past the testosterone-driven needs of middle aged American guys. A direct-injected turbo four has a lot of appeal to potential European customers where gasoline costs around nine dollars per gallon. Plus, the American kiddos coming from the tuner crowd will love it. They still kept a V8 available for us.

It is a shame, but for that they don't have property taxes, which frankly makes up for it. not making excuses, i still think fuel prices are an outrage, especially as you have no choice

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Very interesting posts in here.

If only everyone felt the way some of you do, the Camaro wouldn't have out sold the S197 from 2010 to 2014.

Do what you gotta do Ford.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back