2016 gt350

ModTechRacing

forum member
Reaction score
Anybody know what production numbers will be? Have they released if it will be limited or not?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Anybody know what production numbers will be? Have they released if it will be limited or not?

Dash plaque on the car shown says 001 so that kinda makes it seem that a max of 999 would be built, but who knows?

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
So can someone explain to me what the value is to having a flat pan in the rear of the car if it is completely open to let air above it? I am sure it has a purpose, I just don't get it...?

icRD6C.jpg

HdBj81.jpg

There won't be much air getting on top of the pan. Most of the aero effect will be from the air rushing under it. But, on the top side of the pan are the diff and trans coolers. So that is made so some air goes over the pan, through the coolers and then out the vents between the mufflers.

But calling it a diffuser is a misnomer. That is not a diffuser and it doesn't function like a diffuser.

ModTechRacing

forum member
Reaction score
They will build as many as they can sell, just like the GT500's.
You've seemed to have been right about pretty much everything so I hope ur right! Cause I'll be purchasing one but not if it's limited production and dealers start marking them up 15-20k because of it.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
You've seemed to have been right about pretty much everything so I hope ur right! Cause I'll be purchasing one but not if it's limited production and dealers start marking them up 15-20k because of it.

They will try for the 15-20K thing anyway. But there is a way around that. If you buy one off the lot they can charge what they want, if you order the car the HAVE TO sell it at sticker.:clap:

ModTechRacing

forum member
Reaction score
They will try for the 15-20K thing anyway. But there is a way around that. If you buy one off the lot they can charge what they want, if you order the car the HAVE TO sell it at sticker.:clap:
Good to know!! Can't wait to see color options on these! Thinking maybe black with flat black stripes if they offer it!

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
If you buy one off the lot they can charge what they want, if you order the car the HAVE TO sell it at sticker.:clap:

That's absolutely not true. Ordering a car still comes with a manufacturer's SUGGESTED retail price (MSRP). There is no rule from Ford - or otherwise - that dictates what a dealership 'has to' sell a car for, even when special ordered.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
They will build as many as they can sell, just like the GT500's.

I hope they'll build lots of them so that anyone who wants (and can afford) one can get one. However, Ford is faced with supplier and CAFE constraints that will limit how many GT350's they can build, so it's not going to be a free-for-all. Same was true for GT500's; Ford could only build so many of them and couldn't just be freely ordered by us dealers - there were tight allocations for them.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Does anyone know if one of these is going to be at the LA Auto Show?

Edit, yes, it will be.

:snoopy I'm going next Sunday and will be looking for it. My plan is get there at opening & bee-line to Ford's booth as I expect the Mustang area will be very busy all day--try and beat the worst of the crowd.

They did make some very dramatic changes to the front and rear... I think it was GMitch (if not sorry) that posted the rear diffuser and chin spoiler a few months back... looks like they are correct.

1OaERK.jpg

z6pQhP.jpg

The rear of the GT350 was tweaked (a lot) so you could actually see the diffuser...
I like the update WAY better. In front it looks like it gets away from the "wall-eyed" look that bugs me and out back the diffuse looks much better.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score

That is good info... But for $75,000+ I would be tempted to just order a C7 Z06

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
There won't be much air getting on top of the pan. Most of the aero effect will be from the air rushing under it. But, on the top side of the pan are the diff and trans coolers. So that is made so some air goes over the pan, through the coolers and then out the vents between the mufflers.

But calling it a diffuser is a misnomer. That is not a diffuser and it doesn't function like a diffuser.

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense... I saw the plumbing up there and couldn't figure out what it was for? Knowing the coolers are back there and needing them to get air makes sense.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
That's absolutely not true. Ordering a car still comes with a manufacturer's SUGGESTED retail price (MSRP). There is no rule from Ford - or otherwise - that dictates what a dealership 'has to' sell a car for, even when special ordered.

You know what the cool thing about being me is? I truly don't care if other people think I'm right.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
That is good info... But for $75,000+ I would be tempted to just order a C7 Z06

If Ford sells that car for $75K they are out of their minds. That is not $75K worth of car. I would be hard pressed to value it at $60K. I myself couldn't see paying more than $55K for it.

At $75K I agree with you. C7 Z06 or even a Z28.

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone paying over MSRP is stupid or just had money to waste. Hell you can order c7z at a discount right now, yet some dealers are trying to get 20k over. It is a free market, and they aren't limiting production or numbers, so find a dealer that isn't a jackass and sells at or below MSRP.

Price is my only concern. I really hope it comes in around boss 302 range, and keep the GT500 in the current ~65k range, and this car in the 50k range. For $75k I would be doing a new viper.

Having a c6z, and having several other GM cars, and almost working on them exclusively, I won't touch another GM. I don't care how good the c7z is on paper, or in person, I'm not giving another dime to GM. The way they treat customers, and run their business is disgusting.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
If Ford sells that car for $75K they are out of their minds. That is not $75K worth of car. I would be hard pressed to value it at $60K. I myself couldn't see paying more than $55K for it.

At $75K I agree with you. C7 Z06 or even a Z28.

I'm holding steady between 50-60K. Probably lower 50's would be suiting for this car.

I just got in a new Z/28 yesterday and I couldn't comprehend how the MSRP of that car is over $76K (this one has the ac/radio option).... but then I started it and stood there looking at the brakes.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back