2016 gt350

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
It's a work in progress since the guy wants to contract a purchase for a '17 Ford GT in addition to buying the R.

P6IHZ.gif

One day... one day.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score

:clap:

Yeah 6500 IIRC, however, it is a better package to get electronics in the R than the regular one since you don't get shafted from the Recaro seat with the upgrade.

I thought the regular could still get the Recaro's? At least I was able to pick it in the builder. Unless you are talking about 350 Tech pkg. vs. 350R Electronics pkg, then I see what you are saying. However, the builder is saying the electronics package is only $3,000 now instead of the $6,500.

Only thing is, if I decide to get CO, the GT350R doesn't have that for a color. :(

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
:clap:

I thought the regular could still get the Recaro's? At least I was able to pick it in the builder. Unless you are talking about 350 Tech pkg. vs. 350R Electronics pkg, then I see what you are saying. However, the builder is saying the electronics package is only $3,000 now instead of the $6,500.

Only thing is, if I decide to get CO, the GT350R doesn't have that for a color. :(

What are you a woman? Choosing a car based on color?

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I think I've decided on getting a 350. If peeps are getting that much for the r it's a no go for me.

Unless you are planning on doing a LOT of track days, and posses a LOT of track skills the R is a silly buy really. It's too bad 98% will be bought by people who will never use them.

The 350 is damn near race car. I'm struggling with 350 vs 350R myself. And I am planning on a LOT of track time and I have a LOT of track skillz. I really need to figure out what the suspension differences are (all I have to do is ask). If it's not that much I may just go 350. I don't need carbon wheels or anything. I wouldn't use them on the track anyway.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
I gotta have my universal garage door opener, and I want the Recaro's. I can't get them both with the regular GT350. :(

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I gotta have my universal garage door opener, and I want the Recaro's. I can't get them both with the regular GT350. :(

Ya know, I really don't like the Recaro's that much. Don't get me wrong, for stock seats they are AWESOME! But I didn't find them THAT good and you can get "real" Recaro's for the same sort of money but that don't weigh nearly as much because they won't have airbags in them.

I'm planning on a lot of track time with mine. The first thing I'll do is pull the seats, even if they are the factory Recaro's.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
well if I get one, it would probably be my DD and track car (current one would be traded). I regret not having Recaros in my current one. Though I have not sat in the 2015+ seats.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
well if I get one, it would probably be my DD and track car (current one would be traded). I regret not having Recaros in my current one. Though I have not sat in the 2015+ seats.

I know my perception of track time is all jacked up when compared to "normal". 10yrs of racing and frequently spending 25 weekends a year at the track with top shelf equipment has really screwed up my expectations.

I never even considered a DD/track car. The way my brain works that isn't even a thing, LOL. MY GT350 probably won't see 500mi on the street a year. And it will be going to the track in a trailer.

That said, if I were doing a DD/street car I would get the most comfortable seats (which is probably not the Recaros, depends on how you're built though) and one really nice race bucket that I would swap in for track days. What does that take? 15min?

I'm turning into an old fart on the street though. I like driving my big comfortable F-150, then my surprisingly comfortable Focus and I'll drive my 2012 Vert last. My wife drives it most of the time.

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I still want one....not the R, just the regular one.

But I live in Arkansas.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
Unless you are planning on doing a LOT of track days, and posses a LOT of track skills the R is a silly buy really. It's too bad 98% will be bought by people who will never use them.

The 350 is damn near race car. I'm struggling with 350 vs 350R myself. And I am planning on a LOT of track time and I have a LOT of track skillz. I really need to figure out what the suspension differences are (all I have to do is ask). If it's not that much I may just go 350. I don't need carbon wheels or anything. I wouldn't use them on the track anyway.

Your probably right....are the non R cars getting marked up as well?

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
Regular 350 with the Track Package is probably enough car for most people doing track days. One of my friends up here has one on order like that, he's sure that he'll be quite happy ... current HPDE instructor and former Canadian Firehawk series driver. I believe he's planning to do at least a 4-point bolt-in roll bar because we often run at Mosport where things can get nasty in a hurry if you mess up.

cheers
Ed

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back