24" rims

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
imho, twenties are pushing the limit. but i also come from a city where a mustang is just a high speed pothole circumventer. as far as rims, the forgiato diecis in 22 would be sick. im not a big fan of cars that have big rims when they shouldnt, but those in 22 just might be the kicker. i say follow your original plan, and outside opinions be damned. just dont credit this website for it.

also, i have been drinkin so i have to do this

This is the OP's thread, and he simply asked for suggestions not permission? Do you think he needs you guys permission?

internet_white_knight.gif

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Please don't make me have to clean up this thread a third time. you will not be pleased.

TIA for your cooperation

tagle281

forum member
Reaction score
I think 24's would be a bit much. And I say that because the fenders just don't look right with that big of a wheel. 22's would fill it nicely. Now if you did some major reconstruction to the fenders like the Shelby then they would go well. Again, I think it's all about the wheels not overshadowing the fenders.

caps

forum member
Reaction score
I think a set of the Forgiatos posted earlier in 22 inch sizes would still be amazing wheels!
Im starting to think that is the way to go, then the vossens in 18s for my dd rims
I think the OP should get whatever wheels he likes best. But, like with everything once you commit to a certain look you automatically get grouped in with that lifestyle. So hangin 24" hoops on your Mustang will certainly lump you in with that group, it's gonna happen.

If that doesn't bother the OP, cool. But coming here to this forum where the emphasis is mostly on performance asking about 24's on a S197 will bring the predictable response.

I wouldn't go to a donk forum and ask about how to make my car go around an autocross course. Unless I wanted to get flamed.
you have a point their, thanks for the input
i can see going to 22's but 24's are a bit much, IMO. but i do look farward to seeing what yo get, OP.

i'm not a fan but i like seeing different mustangs.
thanks !
Look up romulus on the members list.he has 22" savini wheels.staggered 22x10 and 22x9.
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/album.php?albumid=453&pictureid=2553
im starting to lean more towards 22's....
imho, twenties are pushing the limit. but i also come from a city where a mustang is just a high speed pothole circumventer. as far as rims, the forgiato diecis in 22 would be sick. im not a big fan of cars that have big rims when they shouldnt, but those in 22 just might be the kicker. i say follow your original plan, and outside opinions be damned. just dont credit this website for it.

also, i have been drinkin so i have to do this

internet_white_knight.gif
i do love those diecis, and with the way they meet the lip of the rim they look even bigger then they are.
I think 24's would be a bit much. And I say that because the fenders just don't look right with that big of a wheel. 22's would fill it nicely. Now if you did some major reconstruction to the fenders like the Shelby then they would go well. Again, I think it's all about the wheels not overshadowing the fenders.
that is something I had not considered yet. one of the reasons i love the look of larger rims is to enhance the look of the body lines, and 24's may be to large and draw AWAY form the body lines...

caps

forum member
Reaction score
and just so you guys know gary told me they are working on a custom wide body mustang :thumb:

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
I like big tires and wheels. I thinks 20s with the biggest tires that fit make the whole car look smaller tighter and more muscular.
_1012049.jpg

I am selling these wheels I bought some forged ones.

rxpwhistler1

forum member
Reaction score
Opinion

OP - I too believe that it is your car and your money, do with it as you will. That being said, I can tell you that riding on 20" rims and 30/35's is pretty damn rough when it comes to ride quality. I live in Michigan so our roads are pretty beat, however, even the slightest dimple/crack is quite dramatic in the car. I seriously can't even imagine what the ride quality would be with 24's. I would absolutely shit-can the idea of 24's and go with nothing larger than 22's. Even that is pushing it, IMO.

Good luck with whatever you decide on man. Maybe it would be of value to ride in a stang with 20's and then imagine 24's....OUCH!

Fordperformance

Reaction score
I'm new to S197. IMO Anything bigger than 20's on a stang is just crazy. But, it's your ride. I'm in Michigan also. I have 20's their okay. The ride is different from my stock 18's. It's a harder ride. So, I can imagine 24's. I'm seriously considering going back to 18's. Maybe one of the 19 inch Ford wheels. Good luck with your decision. How much wear and tear does wheels that size have on your drivetrain?

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm new to S197. IMO Anything bigger than 20's on a stang is just crazy. But, it's your ride. I'm in Michigan also. I have 20's their okay. The ride is different from my stock 18's. It's a harder ride. So, I can imagine 24's. I'm seriously considering going back to 18's. Maybe one of the 19 inch Ford wheels. Good luck with your decision. How much wear and tear does wheels that size have on your drivetrain?
Get the New 2011 FRPP Catalog as they have some Great choices out now in the 19s.
Or simply go On-Line and download it.
http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2010/12/17/ford-racing-performance-parts-releases-2011-catalog/

tigerhonaker

MELLOWYELLOW06

forum member
Reaction score
OP - I too believe that it is your car and your money, do with it as you will. That being said, I can tell you that riding on 20" rims and 30/35's is pretty damn rough when it comes to ride quality. I live in Michigan so our roads are pretty beat, however, even the slightest dimple/crack is quite dramatic in the car. I seriously can't even imagine what the ride quality would be with 24's. I would absolutely shit-can the idea of 24's and go with nothing larger than 22's. Even that is pushing it, IMO.

Good luck with whatever you decide on man. Maybe it would be of value to ride in a stang with 20's and then imagine 24's....OUCH!

Very well said and exactly my thoughts.
I like 20's and have to admit I have seen a couple 22's that looked nice, but for show only, driving on them is hell (and that is coming from the owners)

caps

forum member
Reaction score

Very well said and exactly my thoughts.
I like 20's and have to admit I have seen a couple 22's that looked nice, but for show only, driving on them is hell (and that is coming from the owners)
Keep in mind a couple things guys. First of all I'm not going to be driving on these daily, I will have a set of 18's for that, also I live in florida and have amazing roads:thumb:

tagle281

forum member
Reaction score
Im starting to think that is the way to go, then the vossens in 18s for my dd rims

you have a point their, thanks for the input

thanks !

im starting to lean more towards 22's....

i do love those diecis, and with the way they meet the lip of the rim they look even bigger then they are.

that is something I had not considered yet. one of the reasons i love the look of larger rims is to enhance the look of the body lines, and 24's may be to large and draw AWAY form the body lines...

Exactly. When I chose my 20's it was because I pictured the wheels filling the fenders the same amount all the way around. In other words, the tire/wheel would always be the same distance from the fender. I think this is the key to matching the body lines. Any larger and the car tends to disappear behind the wheel, if you will.

If you look at my car from the side you would see a 1" gap between the fender and the tire all the way around. That's just the way I've always done it.

Keep in mind a couple things guys. First of all I'm not going to be driving on these daily, I will have a set of 18's for that, also I live in florida and have amazing roads:thumb:

Another thing to remember with 20's and larger is that the room for error when driving is smaller. Mine are curb rashed to hell. I'm just glad they inexpensive wheels(Razors).

Last edited by a moderator:

caps

forum member
Reaction score
Exactly. When I chose my 20's it was because I pictured the wheels filling the fenders the same amount all the way around. In other words, the tire/wheel would always be the same distance from the fender. I think this is the key to matching the body lines. Any larger and the car tends to disappear behind the wheel, if you will.

If you look at my car from the side you would see a 1" gap between the fender and the tire all the way around. That's just the way I've always done it.
thats is EXACTLY what i am looking for, i just need to see one on 22's or 24's in person.

i was originally going with 26's :popcorneat:

Another thing to remember with 20's and larger is that the room for error when driving is smaller. Mine are curb rashed to hell. I'm just glad they inexpensive wheels(Razors).
my last truck was on a custom made set of 28" dubs, i think i can handle these

Last edited by a moderator:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back