stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
did you read the sticky thread?

based on the info on the link, yes, they will "fit" however the offset will make the tire poke out way more than stock it seems

Cokeologist

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
did you read the sticky thread?

based on the info on the link, yes, they will "fit" however the offset will make the tire poke out way more than stock it seems

Yes, I read the sticky thread. My apologies but it appears that I am too stupid to understand everything there, so I had to resort to posting the question. I suppose I should have stated that in my original post. I do, however, appreciate your effort to respond to the question; knowing that the tire would extend out further than stock is exactly what I needed to know, so that I can pass on these rims. Thanks again!

Samos3

Reaction score
Simple reference,

18x8.5" stock 2008 GT rim has +50 mm offset

18x8 stock 2015 rim has +40 mm offset.

Many of they 18x9 rims American Muscle sells have, I think, a +35 mm offset and tend to stick out of the wheel wells. You can see this in their customer pics.

0mm is dead center. + (positive offset) moves the wheel face further out (tire moves further into wheel well).
- (negative offset) moves the tire out of the wheel well.

When talking 8"- 8.5" rims, +35 to +50 is generally the range you want.

Cokeologist

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Since the rims I linked above won’t work due to causing the wheels to stick out too far, does anyone know of any rims that look substantially similar to this that have the correct offset for a “normal” look on my 2006 Mustang V6 Premium? Pic of preferred rim for reference:
lwg-lw20-70854b_xl.jpg

Thanks in advance.

JC SSP

Reaction score
Do you like these?

Original 06' Mustang GT 18" chrome bullitts.

IMG_7898.jpg IMG_7899.jpg IMG_7900.jpg IMG_7901.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back