3V heads with tons of sludge

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Disgusting and embarrassing. 30,000 miles.

feb69211a3d1139d596fde9d0f50ef17.jpg

650ffc30a7a71a4b23b8e7f136c0ec8d.jpg

933dbbd72922179621a4950d2a57457b.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Who's engine does it belong to ? It appears the oil has never been changed since day 1.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
This car must be owned by the same type of person who will go on to claim that Fords are garbage because they are unreliable.

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
Probably the same woman who owned my car. Mine wasn't that bad (looked like old chocolate milk) but still how hard is it to change oil?

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Is not hard but here we enter into an another issue, the places that you trust to do your oil, I have a couple of stories of people that religiously "changed" their oil on time on the same place like forever and end with this, later was found that the employee never changed anything, at the moment a typical 3V oil change with motorcraft 5-20 or 30 will run between 2 or 3 minimum wages so yes, people don't care to get into trouble for some oil.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
as in 2 or 3 days of labor? Man.

I make a lot of money I guess. Sort of.

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
That's a mess, my car has almost 160k on it and it's clean as a whistle inside. :)

-Steve

Eel Mit

forum member
Reaction score
I've seen engines like that that had regular maintenance, often there is a history of overheating (cooling system issues) that accelerates the oil breaking down.

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
All I know is if my trusted shop wasn't changing the oil and I ended up with that under the covers I would be pulling some liveleak Brazilian off duty cop bullshit on the mechanics.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
All I know is if my trusted shop wasn't changing the oil and I ended up with that under the covers I would be pulling some liveleak Brazilian off duty cop bullshit on the mechanics.

Well, I know of a couple of friends that are not friends anymore. It wasn't his fault but was his responsibility.

particularly sad that oil costs so much in a country rich in crude.

Is not the local oil, local oil is cheap, motorcraft is imported so it is very expensive, is you wanted 5-20W is the only way. And the problem is not the oil being expensive, is the wages being ridiculous.

At black market exchange, local monthly minimum wage (which is what a huge part of the population earns BTW) is under 20USD.

Yet a tank of gas costs 1 cent

Yes, just 0.01USD for a full tank of a 91octane.

I've seen engines like that that had regular maintenance, often there is a history of overheating (cooling system issues) that accelerates the oil breaking down.

Yes but the case I've seen was like more "dry", I have a customer that has a shop that has even worse pics of this, lol.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is not the local oil, local oil is cheap, motorcraft is imported so it is very expensive, is you wanted 5-20W is the only way. And the problem is not the oil being expensive, is the wages being ridiculous.

I realize that the refine product is not the same as the local stuff.

I didn't realize how low the wages were.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I realize that the refine product is not the same as the local stuff.

I didn't realize how low the wages were.

The official exchange rate versus the real exchange rate is causing crazy import/export shenanigans. It is why there are toilet paper shortages.

Good Lito, I hope things get better.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
The official exchange rate versus the real exchange rate is causing crazy import/export shenanigans. It is why there are toilet paper shortages.

Good Lito, I hope things get better.

Thank you, anything they fix its pricing disappear, today they regulated the price of the eggs so no more eggs.

Back