4.6L 3V & TR-3650 engine+transmission

Nutter281

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Guys -

I'm planning to swap in a coyote and TR-6060 into my '09 GT in the near future and don't really have the space to keep my original engine or 5-speed after the swap. Both are still installed and running in my car (see video here). The car isn't my daily driver and maybe gets driven to work 1-2 days per week when its nice out, date night with the wife, and a handful of HPDE track days.

The car (including the engine and transmission) has ~43k miles now. I have installed Kooks LT Headers with catted H-pipe. The Kooks have less than 3k miles on them (I purchased/installed them June of 2015). Just replaced clutch with Exedy Mach 400 and their lightweight racing flywheel (less than 2k miles). The only other no-brainer engine modification I have done was the charge motion delete plugs from Steeda - tuned by Brenspeed.

Everything runs and shifts fantastic. I'm leaving the engine and transmission installed until I have a buyer lined up and then I'll pull them - in the event the buyer wants to test the equipment, do a leak down/compression test, or heck, even be part of the uninstall, whatever. I've bought garbage engines off craigslist now myself and want to give the buyer of this perfectly maintained engine the benefit of experiencing it in action. I've ran Mobil1 5W-20 in the engine since day 1 and I keep it clean enough to eat off of.

Selling:

4.6L 3V + TR-3650 5 speed from 2009 Mustang GT, fully assembled, including Exedy mach 400 clutch, exedy flywheel, throttle body, air intake box, MAF, COPs, etc.
Price: $4000 + shipping OBO from 78641

I'm open to reasonable offers and meeting someone with the engine/transmission within a reasonable distance of 78641

I'll be listing the Kooks separately once the engine sells or they can be negotiated as an add-on into the sale price of the engine/transmission if the buyer wants the whole package. I'm also open to selling the engine and transmission separately but I won't be doing any other 'parting out' of sub-assemblies.

Shout with any questions at all. I've got a lot more pictures or can take additional pictures if that's helpful.

Thanks for looking!
Austin

IMG_5165.jpg

IMG_5166.jpg

Nutter281

forum member
Reaction score
would you sell just the short block?

I'm not saying I wouldn't in the future if I don't sell it before then but seems like a waste to break apart a perfect low-mileage fully assembled long block. For now the answer is no.

Reyes351

Reaction score
Bump for good engine+transmission deal
Extra bump for engine swap thread? :)

Nutter281

forum member
Reaction score
Bump for good engine+transmission deal
Extra bump for engine swap thread? :)

Thanks for the bump man! And yes, absolutely will be a new coyote swap thread to help others down this path as well. I've about memorized Lito's thread on the subject and am really glad he paved the way for many of us! The primary difference in my build is that i'm going to use the PBH relocation brackets and keep stock hydraulic PS pump and also stock AC.

That said, wife has made it abundantly clear i cant start that project until i sell current engine lol....

Nutter281

forum member
Reaction score
Bump, Price drop to $3500 for the package, OBO, also willing to separate engine and transmission

Thanks,
Austin

Nutter281

forum member
Reaction score
Bump, I need to sell some engines LoL

Just selling the engine now, $2900 OBO. 40k miles, still in the car, all accessories included, no craigslist scams.

FastMike

Reaction score
I would be interested in the engine itself excluding headers intake and transmission .

Back