5.0 guys? CAI or no CAI?

Reaction score
Nope. Wont work. We tried just removing the stock air filter and closing the box back up when making "stock" baseline dyno pulls and the car would barely run at all. Throw the filter back in there and back to running fine. These new ECU's are very sensitive to changes.

Rumors of people melting pistons just from simple cat back exhaust swaps without updating the tune too.

and stock air box is slightly restrictive, but not until you're pushing over 6,000 rpms.

lol, no.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I feel and from the looks of a lot of the results, it isnt needed until low 11's/high 10s

Seer i agree completely, it was directed at you. I do however have to laugh at needing a tune for a drop in filter, i think that is sig material.

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Seer i agree completely, it was directed at you. I do however have to laugh at needing a tune for a drop in filter, i think that is sig material.

Sig material for the melted pistons with a axelback change also.

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
I've seen a few cars get high IATs with a cold air intake during normal driving. I'm just going to stick with my ugly black box.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
An aftermarket CAI is needed when you go forced induction. 99% of owners will never reach the N/A limits of the stock airbox.

That said, I have 2 JLT CAI's for sale....in like new condition. ;)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back