5.0 manual, E85, BOSS intake, and small dry nitrous shot??

RSKtakR

Reaction score
Ok so I have been tossing around the idea of a small, dry nitrous shot (75-100), mods are BOSS intake manifold, JLT CAI, o/r x-pipe, and E85, car is a manual w/ 3.31's w/ bigs w/ a drag radial, and little's. I have been playing w/ cars and nitrous long enough to know that I probably wont be able to rev to 7500/7700 like I am now because the cylinder pressure's will go up If I put nitrous in the mix as well, the at that point is there even a reason to running the BOSS intake if I wont be able to rev that high and actually use it.. ? figured I would ask here, and get some opinions on the matter... annnnnnnd GO.

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
no!!!! this isnt the old 5.0.... quit being a cheap ass and just put the RIGHT kit on it :) you and danny are really out for me huh :)

RSKtakR

Reaction score
Im not being a cheap ass.. there is a guy that was making 372 whp with his auto, put a 100 shot dry kit on his car, made 502whp w/ the spray and the tune. btw HILARIOUS sig.. BWAHAHAHA!!

oh and NO ONE else local is to know about this.. focker.. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
Im not being a cheap ass.. there is a guy that was making 372 whp with his auto, put a 100 shot dry kit on his car, made 502whp w/ the spray and the tune. btw HILARIOUS sig.. BWAHAHAHA!!
i just wouldnt risk it.... no way for the computer to ass in the extra fuel.. i guess you could have a tune wrote for it but it just doesnt sound right..

RSKtakR

Reaction score
I read that there were other sensor's that would read the cooler IAT's (even though the entry is after the MAF, not sure how much truth there is to that really) Car is going to the dyno to get tuned on the corn in a couple weeks. 75 shot, doesnt need any tuning changes, but I THINK that might only be if its a wet kit?? Not sure about that either.

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
Dry nitrous is better than wet in every imaginable way if you tune for it.
Fuel injectors are going to equally distribute fuel and are going to have good atomization, something that cannot be said for a single nozzle or plate setup. The perfect setup is direct port dry with tuning.

With standalone ECUs this is pretty easy to do, and using auxiliary outputs to control the nitrous solenoid allows you to switch on the fly. This means you can change when it starts spraying whenever you want and it will start enriching fuel and pull ignition accordingly because youre switching maps.

With this ECU I have no idea how practical it is. If you cant switch maps and if you cant setup aux outputs I would imagine that you would have to put the nitrous on a window switch with fixed settings and the tune would start enriching fuel at that set RPM point.

Spraying dry without tuning is not going to work. Even if youre spraying pre-MAF it will only be able to compensate so much. The ECU is not going to make sense of that much of an increase in air mass, not to mention the fact that its not air, so it would be lean regardless.
If you dont intend on doing dry the right way, and are just wanting to spray without tuning or play on just getting some bullshit tune with a bunch of extra fuel everywhere then I would suggest just going wet. Wet is going to be easier and doesnt require extensive tuning.

Last edited:

RSKtakR

Reaction score
Too late! :naughty1: And Larry's sig will change the next time he gets 20 cars put on him.:highfive:

I knew you two would find out about it.. I would have told you anyways, just not many other people if anyone, and EVERYTHING will be hidden.. lol

VET-KLR

forum member
Reaction score
I knew you two would find out about it.. I would have told you anyways, just not many other people if anyone, and EVERYTHING will be hidden.. lol

I tried keeping mine somewhat of a sleeper but it's a lot louder now and you can hear the blower. Ha ha

RSKtakR

Reaction score
oh mine IS loud!!Wait until you hear it.. but no one will suspect that Im spraying, and I sure wont admit to it.. lol

RSKtakR

Reaction score
Im pretty sure most of the area is going to get sick of seeing the rear end of our cars AGAIN this year.. but worse then last year :) all I want is over 500whp. should be pretty easy.

08StangGT_CS

forum member
Reaction score
"If you are planning on a Dry NOS system.... Don't...... These cars use commanded wideband technology so they target a commanded lambda for AF. If you run a DRY plate it is a pain to get the car to not Overfuel. NOS system will work and tune much better with a Wet Plate system."----- What Lund told me (even though I never suggested I was going to run a dry kit).

RSKtakR

Reaction score
Well I bought a NX wet plate kit, and a msd window switch.. just curious how high I can Rev the motor with the boss intake and the 100shot... NA I Rev it to 7600

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
Well I bought a NX wet plate kit, and a msd window switch.. just curious how high I can Rev the motor with the boss intake and the 100shot... NA I Rev it to 7600
i would window 4500-7300... but thats me.. rather be safe then sorry.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back