5r55s to TR3650 swap

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Keep in mind that Cam is selling the engine, transmission and PCM out of his Bullitt. If he happens to sell it to someone who doesn't need the computer, it could be real handy for you.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
I have a factory clutch with 11k miles that'll need a new friction plate and a brand new Centerforce dual friction clutch if you're interested. I also have a used OEM slave cylinder and clutch line with 11k miles.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Some more stuff has arrived =)

My Bullitt knob/boot/bezel, Hurst shifter/hardware, Shift linkage/ Rubber dust boot arrived today along with all my bolts.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Nice! Bro, I loved my Hurst shifter. It was a super short throw, had notchy shifting and reminded me of everything else I love about old-school American muscle.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Nice! Bro, I loved my Hurst shifter. It was a super short throw, had notchy shifting and reminded me of everything else I love about old-school American muscle.

Im excited, people advised against this shifter BUT I've driven Steeda Tri-Ax, Roush, MGW, Hurst, and Barton and I liked the styling and feel of the Hurst the best. I'm into that old school feel/look. I need more damn money to buy the clutch kit and begin wrenching. I can't wait to get my baby back on the road!

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
I loved the shifter while I had it. Compared to a friends mustang that was so wobbly you couldn't really tell if it was in gear, I much prefer the hard, crisp feel of that shifter.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
I loved the shifter while I had it. Compared to a friends mustang that was so wobbly you couldn't really tell if it was in gear, I much prefer the hard, crisp feel of that shifter.
Appreciate the hook up on all the stuff man.

Thats cool Rob, kind of like a late christmas

Yeah bro, It is a great feeling =). Can't wait for the last things to be ordered when money permits.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately no new parts have been ordered, pretty broke but I think this weekend I will start pulling out all the automatic stuff in preparation for when the clutch kit is ordered/arrives.. That way, on install day it will shave off a good portion of the time.

What can I do to get the car high enough in the air in my garage to pull the trans? Any ideas guys

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back