600+rwhp budget engine build

Adam@ST

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Well I finally got my wifes car dynoed. It made 530 rwhp 12.5lbs boost on 91 octane. I stepped the boost up to 18.5 lbs ,poured in some 104 and it made 611hp . I know theres some more in it,but she wants to run it at this level for a while, and step it up in a month or two.
The combo is:
2006 Mustang GT 4.6l Auto built and tuned by ST Motorsports DAILY DRIVEN and RACED by Brandi

Little Whipple 2.3l
Big mouth t-body
ST Motorsports Custom inlet manifold
ST Motorsports Custom fenderwell CAI
ST Motorsports Custome Ice box
JE blower pistons
JE rings
Scat rods
STOCK CAST CRANK
STOCK HEADS with Manley valves and Livernois valve springs.
STOCK CAMS
STOCK EXHAUST MANIFOLDS,H-PIPE, and MUFFLERS
GT500 Fuel Pumps
60lb injectors
Diablo Predator
Diablo MaFia
Mezire waterpump
KB 8 rib belt system
Built 5r55 trans by Larry's Transmission
3.73 FRRP gears

Coming soon...PI triple disc 3000 stall, complete BMR suspension package with extreme anti-roll bar.
We plan to run this tomorrow at CA Speedway, and we are looking for a
10.30 or better ET.
3.4l Whipple coming soon.........after I max out this baby 2.3l .

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
When are you going to be doing 2.3 to 3.4 trade in's? LOL Sounds like that 3.4 is one bad mutha! What's the highest hp you think you will get out of the 2.3 on 93 octane?

silverbull1tt

forum member
Reaction score
Damn good numbers Adam, i'm looking forward to my build eagerly. You going to have someone taking video tomorrow @ CA Speedway?

Last edited:

Adam@ST

Official Vendor
Reaction score
re video

Well if it doesnt rain,and we race yes. My wife is real excited. She was so mad that ir rained today.Shes been looking forward to the track rental for 2 weeks now.She wants to be the fastest chick in a S197. Ill see if I can help her do that.

Adam@ST

Official Vendor
Reaction score
When are you going to be doing 2.3 to 3.4 trade in's? LOL Sounds like that 3.4 is one bad mutha! What's the highest hp you think you will get out of the 2.3 on 93 octane?

I doubt there will any trade in programs,but yes the 3.4 is pretty bad. Kens car made 701 hp last night just under 20lbs with an Auto trans. I could have leaned on it more, but still havent got alot of pulley choices yet.
On the 2.3l , Im sure it would have made similar power on 93,or very close to it. I mixed race fuel with 91pump to get 102 octane. The 2.3l is responding well to the new mods, I am going to bump her car up to 24lbs and see if 700rwhp is possible. From what Im seeing so far,the math,moon and stars,I dont think it will be a problem.

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score
Well I finally got my wifes car dynoed. It made 530 rwhp 12.5lbs boost on 91 octane. I stepped the boost up to 18.5 lbs ,poured in some 104 and it made 611hp . I know theres some more in it,but she wants to run it at this level for a while, and step it up in a month or two.
The combo is:
2006 Mustang GT 4.6l Auto built and tuned by ST Motorsports DAILY DRIVEN and RACED by Brandi

Little Whipple 2.3l
Big mouth t-body
ST Motorsports Custom inlet manifold
ST Motorsports Custom fenderwell CAI
ST Motorsports Custome Ice box
JE blower pistons
JE rings
Scat rods
STOCK CAST CRANK
STOCK HEADS with Manley valves and Livernois valve springs.
STOCK CAMS
STOCK EXHAUST MANIFOLDS,H-PIPE, and MUFFLERS
GT500 Fuel Pumps
60lb injectors
Diablo Predator
Diablo MaFia
Mezire waterpump
KB 8 rib belt system
Built 5r55 trans by Larry's Transmission
3.73 FRRP gears

Coming soon...PI triple disc 3000 stall, complete BMR suspension package with extreme anti-roll bar.
We plan to run this tomorrow at CA Speedway, and we are looking for a
10.30 or better ET.
3.4l Whipple coming soon.........after I max out this baby 2.3l .

I see you left the stock crank in ! .... You must think it will hold alright even at 600 + hp ?

Adam@ST

Official Vendor
Reaction score
re crank

I wouldnt be surprised if it hold up to 650 rwhp. I have never heard of anyone breaking a stock crank. If I were going to road race this car, I most likey would have went forged because its alot more stress on the crank. This is a daily driver that sees the track 4 times a month.I have quite a few other builds just like this that are over 1 year old running strong with no issues. I have a friend with a 620 hp F-1 procharger Stang that has been running a stock crank for over 4 years. This is his daily driver too.

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was there watching this car during the pulls and I will tell you it is impressive. I cant wait to see it run.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
wow....impressive build....

kleistang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt be surprised if it hold up to 650 rwhp. I have never heard of anyone breaking a stock crank. If I were going to road race this car, I most likey would have went forged because its alot more stress on the crank. This is a daily driver that sees the track 4 times a month.I have quite a few other builds just like this that are over 1 year old running strong with no issues. I have a friend with a 620 hp F-1 procharger Stang that has been running a stock crank for over 4 years. This is his daily driver too.

adam now that i read this i wonder if would bother in changing my crank, im doing a turbo setup with pretty much the usual forged internals, im not planning on going over 550hp with it. and the car is almost not driven, ass your wifes cars it would see the track couple times but no more than that. you think it would be ok if i live the stock one on ?

thanks

MattP343

forum member
Reaction score
yeah, what is the trade in value on the kb 2.6? lol
OT but why are you so eager to get rid of the 2.6 - PM me if you'd like so we don't clutter up the thread

Can't wait to see the Track Runs Adam

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back