99mph in the 1/4 with 8psi?

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
I'm at 18 WOT on mine running 93 octane pump. Car is happy.

.......Oh I am running 9-10 psi

Last edited:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there. Do you know for certain that you are hitting max intended boost at the strip?

I ask this because my Procharger needed an extremely tight belt tensioner (it had it's own tensioner) to reach max boost. Others have had this same issue. It's very difficult to monitor boost when driving and maybe you aren't seeing the same boost as has been previously thought.

IAT's run a little hot with a D1, not sure about your P1 but they are almost the same blower. IIRC I would see just about 150 IAT measured at the intercooler with the D1 at 19psi.

In any case you should be having more mph unless the boost is going somewhere else. This shouldn't be a major issue, imo it will be something simple. The big deal will be figuring it out.

46addict

Reaction score
Not at 10psi. I used to run 18* on 93 with 16 psi. I run 23* with E85 and 21- 24 psi now without issue. 23* has always been my sweet see spot with C16 and E85. For pump I like to keep it below 18* but I run more boost then you. I would do what your tuner is comfortable with.
You are in a different world with your built motor. But I'll keep those numbers in mind for reference.

Just throwing this out there. Do you know for certain that you are hitting max intended boost at the strip?

I ask this because my Procharger needed an extremely tight belt tensioner (it had it's own tensioner) to reach max boost. Others have had this same issue. It's very difficult to monitor boost when driving and maybe you aren't seeing the same boost as has been previously thought.

IAT's run a little hot with a D1, not sure about your P1 but they are almost the same blower. IIRC I would see just about 150 IAT measured at the intercooler with the D1 at 19psi.

In any case you should be having more mph unless the boost is going somewhere else. This shouldn't be a major issue, imo it will be something simple. The big deal will be figuring it out.
I do believe I'm hitting max intended boost, but only for a second or less. I glance at the boost gauge just before I'm about to shift and I've seen 8 psi. Too bad I don't have a fancy boost gauge that records max boost, oh well. I would say I spend most of my time in the 5-6psi range because I'm going back to where I started with each shift.

As for belt tension, I spent some time playing with the three bolts that are tensioner related. I also noticed Procharger's install instructions mention different mounting positions for the tensioner. This is to allow adjustment for different belt and pulley combos. It is currently on the third hole from the top and the belt seems to fit best in this spot.

Thanks everyone for your input so far.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back