A BIG (possible) Wiring Project! (S197 II Interior Harness into S197 I)

RepulsiveReject

Reaction score
Alright! I’ve done some minor changes to my 2007 S197 v6, but there are a couple things that I am extremely interested in, and haven’t seen many ideas/information about them:

First!! For ANY professionals with gauge clusters, i’ve got a big question for you! How difficult would it really be to swap that “lame” 2005-2009 gauge cluster out for the much nicer 2010-2014 one, the one with a screen? This would mean rewiring the whole gauge cluster… but is this possible WITHOUT having any issues with it at all, almost as if it was stock? I’m not interested in coyote swapping my engine, but instead just reworking my interior to support some of these really nice 2010-2014 mustang features in my outdated-feeling car. If you’re great with electronics, go ahead and respond with your ideas! I’m willing to buy/pay someone to completely create something that could go into the car!

Second…
Would it be possible to swap the entire wiring harness for the dash/interior to the newer s197s, while maintaining the engine harness? You’d think it would be, just with some rewiring… you know? Electricians… speak freely!

TLDR: If you’re experienced with newer car electronics, I have a project for you! I’m interested in two things:

One - Installing the 2010-2014 Guage cluster w/ screen into my 07 mustang, without swapping the engine.
Two - Possibly rewiring the entire interior’s harness of the car to the 2010-2014 Mustang interior harness, while keeping the engine and harness.

Thanks dudes!!

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Cluster physically different, will not fit into dash. Dash swap required.
Cluster connector different, cluster functions/wiring different.

11-14 cluster sends fuel level signal to PCM, 05-09 fuel level is handled by the SJB. This WILL set a check engine light.
Can it be done? sure, it is not easy. And once you have it all up and running, there will be plenty of troubleshooting/programming to make it all work.

Last edited:

RepulsiveReject

Reaction score
Cluster physically different, will not fit into dash. Dash swap required.
Cluster connector different, cluster functions/wiring different.

11-14 cluster sends fuel level signal to PCM, 05-09 fuel level is handled by the SJB. This WILL set a check engine light.
Can it be done? sure, it is not easy. And once you have it all up and running, there will be plenty of troubleshooting/programming to make it all work.
i see, and i’m sure that’s only the beginning of the frustrations lol

TARA-fied1

Reaction score
I did a swap to a 2012 on my 07. The wiring harnesses are different, not just the wiring itself but how they connect. The dash will physically bolt in. The HVAC is a little different. I modified my firewall to make the 2012 HVAC fit. The body harness is hard wired into the battery junction box on the 2012 where the 07 can be unplugged. I swapped EVERYTHING but I would imagine if you were patient you could modify the harness from the later model. It would certainly be a challenge. When I did my swap, I had to swap the window door motors, locks/latches, etc from the 2012 into my 07 doors because even though the door harness would actually plug in, nothing worked right.
Image - Copy (221).jpeg
Image - Copy (178).jpeg
Image - Copy (20).jpeg
Image - Copy (51).jpeg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back