A little quick suspension info needed

TheSlow1

forum member
Reaction score
Hello i'm currently in Iraq and having some work done on my car before I make it home. I'm upgrading suspension on the car and redoing the rear end as well. The 8.8 is currently coming out of the car to go and be rebuilt and have the axle-tubes welded up along with the carbon clutch disc upgrade as well. Here is my question. I'm going to be buying the BMR extreme anti sway system for the rear end and was wondering if anything from that kit gets welded to the rear end or if it is all just bolt on? If welding is not required would it help to be welded on? I'm already having them also weld on my drop brackets as well so I would just like to know before I send the rear end there and find out more work is needed. Also does this kit eliminate the regular rear sway bar? I would assume it does but would like to confirm this as well before having a sway bar relocation kit installed to help fit my new 15x10 racestars.

On a separate note, Does anyone have any experience with the new strange adjustable shocks and struts for the 05-09 mustangs? I want to buy some good adjustable shocks and struts and have always had good luck with strange but i know they are new so am just wondering. I've played guinea pig enough with other projects and don't feel like screwing around when I'm not even stateside.

Thanks for any and all help and advice
Larry

08gt4u

forum member
Reaction score
for you to use the strange adjustable shocks you need to be lower a minimum of an 1 inch for them to work,they told me the ones for stock hight will be out in a couple of months according to strange when i spoke with them.now experience on them i cant tell you cause taking in account what i just wrote on top i went with qa1s single adjustables.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Hello i'm currently in Iraq and having some work done on my car before I make it home. I'm upgrading suspension on the car and redoing the rear end as well. The 8.8 is currently coming out of the car to go and be rebuilt and have the axle-tubes welded up along with the carbon clutch disc upgrade as well. Here is my question. I'm going to be buying the BMR extreme anti sway system for the rear end and was wondering if anything from that kit gets welded to the rear end or if it is all just bolt on? If welding is not required would it help to be welded on? I'm already having them also weld on my drop brackets as well so I would just like to know before I send the rear end there and find out more work is needed. Also does this kit eliminate the regular rear sway bar? I would assume it does but would like to confirm this as well before having a sway bar relocation kit installed to help fit my new 15x10 racestars.

Larry, first of all, our Xtreme Anti Sway bar has 4 pieces that need welded to the axle housing.

BMR S197 Xtreme Anti Roll Bar, Installation Instructions

Check the pictures in our install write up ^

Second, this kit does indeed eliminate the sway bar.

IF you have any other suspension related questions, feel free to ask!

TheSlow1

forum member
Reaction score
for you to use the strange adjustable shocks you need to be lower a minimum of an 1 inch for them to work,they told me the ones for stock hight will be out in a couple of months according to strange when i spoke with them.now experience on them i cant tell you cause taking in account what i just wrote on top i went with qa1s single adjustables.

thanks for that. I actually have the FR drop springs in my car which i believe are like 2" or 2.5".

TheSlow1

forum member
Reaction score
Larry, first of all, our Xtreme Anti Sway bar has 4 pieces that need welded to the axle housing.

BMR S197 Xtreme Anti Roll Bar, Installation Instructions

Check the pictures in our install write up ^

Second, this kit does indeed eliminate the sway bar.

IF you have any other suspension related questions, feel free to ask!

This helps allot as well. Now i don't need to install the relocation bracket and I can have this welded in when i do the rear end. I'm sure i'll be getting ahold of you around the 1st to purchase one of these.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
This helps allot as well. Now i don't need to install the relocation bracket and I can have this welded in when i do the rear end. I'm sure i'll be getting ahold of you around the 1st to purchase one of these.

Sounds good. Just let me know when. :beer:

TheSlow1

forum member
Reaction score
Another quick question, are the sub-frame connectors really worth it on these cars? From what i can tell this is one of the most ridged chassis on any mustang i've ever dealt with so I was just wondering.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Another quick question, are the sub-frame connectors really worth it on these cars? From what i can tell this is one of the most ridged chassis on any mustang i've ever dealt with so I was just wondering.

Yes.

They are superior to the prior platforms, but they still have subframes which need to be attached/connected.

Most of my customers who doubt them, speak highly of them after they purchase and install them.

If you want the bolt-in version, I recommend spending your money elsewhere. Heavy cars, and bolt-in subframe connectors don't mix.

Hope that helps.

TheSlow1

forum member
Reaction score
I was planning on getting the boxed weld in connectors. This just strengthens my decision. Thank you.

On another note. Still looking for some personal feed back on the Strange Shocks and Struts for the 05-10

Back