Aaaarrrrggghhhhh missing issue

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
All I heard was wind. Sounds like it was breaking up, which is a lean condition, suspect injectors or tune. Leaning towards tune for sure if it has done it since the mods were put on.

Rokkit

forum member
Reaction score
k thats what i suspected all along that i need bigger injectors or a revised tune.. if u listen around 3 secs is where u can hear it popping really good and it continues... its just that after that the wind and exhaust drown it out... sorry its so loud.. and everytime i talk to the tuners they say the stock injectors should be fine for my mods and it also pops under part throttle in overdrive and while on cruise around 75

Last edited:

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
k thats what i suspected all along that i need bigger injectors or a revised tune.. if u listen around 3 secs is where u can hear it popping really good and it continues... its just that after that the wind and exhaust drown it out... sorry its so loud.. and everytime i talk to the tuners they say the stock injectors should be fine for my mods and it also pops under part throttle in overdrive and while on cruise around 75
datalog and check fuel trims

Rokkit

forum member
Reaction score
mk what should i be looking for thump because ive datalogged and sent to bama and they said the car was doing exactly what they told it to do

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Stock injectors are big enough for your mods. Do you have the old logs you took and sent in? If so, post them.

Tbone

forum member
Reaction score
ok i ohm'd the coils and the injectors. coils seem to ohm out fine at .06 on the primary and around 5.64k to 5.88k on the secondary. the injectors i have to find out where they are supposed to be resistance wise but they all ohm'd out to 11.3-11.4.. At the moment trying to upload a video for you guys to view

Not the ohms I would be concerned about. My concern would be its not putting out enough of a spark under load.

Rokkit

forum member
Reaction score
sooooo i chunked my stockers when i purchased the accel any advice on other aftermarket coils seeing that ford wants over $600 for motorcraft brand or do i need to jus bite the bullet?

Rokkit

forum member
Reaction score
Datalogs

these are datalogs b4 spark plug and coil change

Attachments

• New 1 gear roll pull thru miss 3rd and 4th.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 5
  • new 3rd gear pull 55mph to miss.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • new 4th gear pull 70mph to miss.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 3

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
sooooo i chunked my stockers when i purchased the accel any advice on other aftermarket coils seeing that ford wants over $600 for motorcraft brand or do i need to jus bite the bullet?
Guys on here who have 05-early 08 heads need to buy new COP's if they buy new FRPP heads with the 12mm plugs.
I'm sure there are a few old model sets kicking around here. The correct ones for you have black boots. The new ones have brown boots.
2004-early 2008 F-150/F-250/F-350 also use the same COP's

Last edited:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
well theres a lesson about scrapping old parts

I have no intention on going back to stock suspension, or stock cams, etc

yet i still have it all hidden away

Rokkit

forum member
Reaction score
i normally keep everything n the mrs always fusses how i have parts everywhere n i tell her u never know when u will need something again.. long story short i had a brain fart.. never happen again

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What you have is breaking up from a lean condition, not a miss like you described which could be coil related. Imo you have a lean issue that is tune related, only does it wot?

Tbone

forum member
Reaction score
Know anyone with a similar year mustang you could swap coils with? If there's a mustang club in your area may have some luck with that too.

Rokkit

forum member
Reaction score
ok found prob thank u guys for all of your help and input... it turned out to be a bad set of ford racing 0 degree plugs.. Went out on a limb and bought some autolite HT1's just to see what would happen and problem went away.. Pulls like never b4

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ok found prob thank u guys for all of your help and input... it turned out to be a bad set of ford racing 0 degree plugs.. Went out on a limb and bought some autolite HT1's just to see what would happen and problem went away.. Pulls like never b4
Are they really bad or just too cold for your application?

Rokkit

forum member
Reaction score
im believing they fouled b4 i ever got a chance to put nitrous to them

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back