ABS light and Brake light with skinnies?

KITT

Sell it!
Reaction score
My ABS and Brake light came on first drive with my 17x4.5 skinnies and M&H racemaster. Has anyone else seen this or is something wrong. thanks for any input.

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
What size tires on front and rear? Enough difference in diameter could cause this.

05yellowgt

Reaction score
I've run 26" front runners and 28" rears without issue. Could you have bumped and dislodged a sensor while mounting the wheels?

Last edited:

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
I have Hoosier front runners that list at 26" but in fact are 25" just like all the other 17" front radials out there with a 28" rear. No ABS light.

KITT

Sell it!
Reaction score
My fronts are the M&H 185/55/17 and they measure 24.5 inches tall. Just so other will know.... I put the stock tires back on and the lights went out. Thanks for the replys. My car is an 08 if that helps anyone else. Really dont understand why this affects it but I only run them at the track so no big deal. If anyone knows how to solve this I am still interested. thanks again

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
My fronts are the M&H 185/55/17 and they measure 24.5 inches tall. Just so other will know.... I put the stock tires back on and the lights went out. Thanks for the replys. My car is an 08 if that helps anyone else. Really dont understand why this affects it but I only run them at the track so no big deal. If anyone knows how to solve this I am still interested. thanks again

I an running that same tire and it measure 25.8" tall

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Remember that your ABS signal is based on wheel rpm. If you have a 24.5 inch tire on the car the rotation is off far enough from the rears that the computer recognizes an issue!

KITT

Sell it!
Reaction score
Remember that your ABS signal is based on wheel rpm. If you have a 24.5 inch tire on the car the rotation is off far enough from the rears that the computer recognizes an issue!

thanks for the info. I assume theres no way to adjust this in the tune?

05moneypit

forum member
Reaction score
You could try cheating it a little by changing the revs per mile in the tune...more revs smaller tire. Will through off your speedo and may still cause abs faults, might worth a try though.

On the tire pressure. I run 45psi at the track, gives a little less roll out and less rolling resistance. I know guys that run 55psi in the fronts but I ain't that brave.

Lee

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
You could try cheating it a little by changing the revs per mile in the tune...more revs smaller tire. Will through off your speedo and may still cause abs faults, might worth a try though.

On the tire pressure. I run 45psi at the track, gives a little less roll out and less rolling resistance. I know guys that run 55psi in the fronts but I ain't that brave.

Lee

Correct. There are small ways to help but with a major tire difference you just have to deal with it!

KITT

Sell it!
Reaction score
update: The lights came on again after the stock wheels were on and the car got warm. Checked over the system very well and found a loose ground at the drivers headlight by the ABS module. Fixed the problem. Just a heads up for anyone else. thanks

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back