Ac Problem

mike13oy

Reaction score
After installing: cai, Mac prochamber h pipe, battery and upload 91 race tune, my ac only blow out at defrost.I change to different mode but ac still blow out defrost. Please help

Chrome61

forum member
Reaction score
You've knock off a vaccum line somewhere, Go back and check everthing. The vents use vaccum to open and close them. That is if they work like 99.9% of every car I've worked on.

mike13oy

Reaction score
You've knock off a vaccum line somewhere, Go back and check everthing. The vents use vaccum to open and close them. That is if they work like 99.9% of every car I've worked on.

Went back and double check everything and didnt see anything. Is there somrthing i can use to see if i have a vaccum line leak?

Chrome61

forum member
Reaction score
Hi Mike, It's really hard to set here and be a armchair trouble shooter, But you've done some work under the hood and now the vents won't change on your AC,

Did you put a new battery in? Something is wrong and now we have to go back and double check everything and make sure nothing is pinched or unhooked.

Wished I could be more help, but without the car in front of me I'm just thinking of the things that have could of gone wrong.

Check even the simplest of things...sorry I can't put my finger on it.

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Check your vacuum lines because vacuum is what pulls those dampers open and closed. Grab ahold of them and run them with your hand and make sure they're hooked up.

HTH

Mike

mike13oy

Reaction score
Check your vacuum lines because vacuum is what pulls those dampers open and closed. Grab ahold of them and run them with your hand and make sure they're hooked up.

HTH

Mike

Can you show me where the vacuum lines are. Pics would be nice. I tried to google a diagram on 05-09 mustang and nothing came up.
Thanks

Chrome61

forum member
Reaction score
Look for any hoses that run from your intake to the firewall, Maybe go get you a Haynes manual at a parts store, It should have the routing in it. Or look though the stickies on the tech page.

Back