adj shocks

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
so i installed some adj shocks on a fiends camaro a while back and the adjustment process is verry simple you just have to turn a knob on them which is easily done.

my question is how do you do it on the konis and the d specs

im thinking of getting some soon and i want to know which is easier to adjust

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
The D-Specs have a hollow top stem, and you drop the adjuster tool (small allen-wrench, IIRC 4mm) down the top of the adjuster and spin away. Not positive on the Koni dampers, but I would assume that it's much the same, at least for the single adjustables.

From what I've seen the two dampers are in completely different leagues... Don't worry so much about how hard/easy they are to adjust, since once you get them dialled into the spring rate, you're pretty much done. Yes, you can alter the handling characteristics by twiddling with them, but in reality, you could easily set-and-forget as well.

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
well im going to want to be able to adj them for autox and the drag strip every now and then

i just like the idea of it being eaisly done like the ones on my friends camaro they can easily taken back to the same same setting after you started tweaking

Sleeper_08

forum member
Reaction score
It takes 5 minutes to set my 4 D Specs for the track (full hard) and then another 5 minutes back to the street setting (4 turns from full hard).

If you have the 1000 watt sound system then it is apparently a bit more of a problem

GRAYPNY

Rich
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The Koni's come with and front and rear knob that goes over a small tab on the top of the shock. It has an arrow that tells you which direction is soft. Very quick and simple design.

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score
It takes 5 minutes to set my 4 D Specs for the track (full hard) and then another 5 minutes back to the street setting (4 turns from full hard).

If you have the 1000 watt sound system then it is apparently a bit more of a problem

Flip down the back seats and adjust from there not a problem, so easy a cave man could do it !

shb5007

forum member
Reaction score
I would choose Koni over Tokico if you can pay a little extra.

Nothing against Tokico...they are still solid dampers.

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
I would choose Koni over Tokico if you can pay a little extra.

Nothing against Tokico...they are still solid dampers.

at this point konis are my first choice and d specs second only to the warenty on the two. if i were to get them used in would not car which of them i ended up with

Racer X

forum member
Reaction score
at this point konis are my first choice and d specs second only to the warenty on the two. if i were to get them used in would not car which of them i ended up with
Be with you the force is; no not what you do, but do what you know

Yoda

Kaldar142

Reaction score
Definitely get konis, d-specs are not bad but after having both the konis are SO much better. Very smooth (not soft, smooth... Like a good damper should be)

And it takes me less than 2 mins to adjust them, just turn a knob... Super easy!

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
Both D-spec and Koni Sports adjust in the same spot (and the same way, by turning a knob). I complete concur with the above, the Koni's are better than the D-specs. I've also had both. I sell both, and have had other customers on both--and we all have the same opinion as the one you see above.

Even if you do get them used, you should care about which you get. Even though the warranty is void at that point either way, one is still a better damper than the other. :)

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
Both D-spec and Koni Sports adjust in the same spot (and the same way, by turning a knob). I complete concur with the above, the Koni's are better than the D-specs. I've also had both. I sell both, and have had other customers on both--and we all have the same opinion as the one you see above.

Even if you do get them used, you should care about which you get. Even though the warranty is void at that point either way, one is still a better damper than the other. :)

well that's good to know there is a good chance i will end up just getting them new so in that case i will just get konis

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back