Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge Help

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When I plugged in the gauge to the OBDII port, it automatically powered up even though the ignition was off. I started the car and selected the items I wanted scanned. Then it went into scan mode but it's stuck on the first parameter IAT1 and IAT2 (I was just testing these). It will not scan through other items nor can I go back to the menu.

Is there a way to reset this thing?

Also, when I turn the car off the gauge remains powered.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Last edited:

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
I don't have one but isn't there a wire that needs to be connected to a 12v switched source? I would think this would turn the gauge on and off with the key. If the gauge does get its power from the OBD II port, then it will be powered any time it's plugged in.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There is an option for cars where the OBD port does not provide power to hook it up to a switched 12v. But since ours does, the 12v connection is not required.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
hmm, very unusual, mine just turns on an off with the key.

did u check the aeroforce site?

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I posted on their forum. At first I thought I had the wrong gauge since the part number on the back doesn't match. But, they verified it. I'm waiting for them to answer the same question I have above.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You held both buttons in for a few seconds?

Yep...numerous times.

The box shows all my options and part # CNF101 B/S, which is correct for my car based on Lethal's website. However, the part # on the gauge itself is CN101FV3.3 which I think is for CAN bus vehicles. I provided the part # from the back of the gauge on the Aeroforce forum and they verified it's the correct part #.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, who knows. Just spoke with Todd at Aeroforce and he asked me to send it to them. He's never had one lock up on them like this.

Crap...so much for my xmas present. Hell, it's 10 degrees right now, guess I shouldn't have to worry about my IAT temp. LOL....

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
when i got mine,they sent me the wrong cable, so it would not power up/down correctly and would not read any perameters at all. look on the inside of the obd plug and make sure the divider has silver paint on it.thats the only way to see if you have the correct cable.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Yep, both of mine turn on and off with the ignition. No wires at all, just the plug to the OBDII port.

sevenleaf

forum member
Reaction score
I've had a problem like that several times I had to leave the gauge unplugged for the night and in the morning plug it back in and it worked again, only happened like twice since I've had the gauge atleast 10 months now.

The gauge is pretty buggy IMO, My gauge refuses to read a few of the PIDs it was reading when I first got even tho I can datalog the those same pids with live link. I posted a thread on their forums and after a month or two by now still no replies.

Good luck with your problem.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I noticed something else. Once it turns on and after the logo screen, the following message appears, ANNUNCIATOR NOT SET UP. Then it goes to scanning mode and it freezes.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
I just picked a dual set of these gauges used and the one that was set-up for the 2 analog inputs on the previous owners car (boost and A/F) is doing the same thing. On mine, I am wondering if it might have something do with not having anything hooked up to the analog inputs?? The second gauge works normal (does not power up until the ignition switch is turned on). I plan to do some playing around with it again tonight, but am hoping this is nothing major.

HEAVYGT

forum member
Reaction score
I noticed something else. Once it turns on and after the logo screen, the following message appears, ANNUNCIATOR NOT SET UP. Then it goes to scanning mode and it freezes.

sounds like a problem with the unit...never had a problem like that with mine.

DSC02428.jpg

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

thats normal,except for the freezing up part

What ^he^ said. You set up the annunciator to trigger the warning LEDs. Pick what you want it to "annunciate" then above or below a certain value. ie RPMs>6500 or Trans Temp>190 or MPG<10 etc etc.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
O.K., but it goes into scan mode after that and lock up. I wish there was a way to just reset the the whole thing. Still waiting for Aeroforce to give me return instructions.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
I did another test with mine and with at least one of the 2 preset analog selections changed to a digital one that comes from the OBD port, it now turns on/off normally. Weird, but at least I know the gauges are not defective!

Good luck with your hang up issue and if Aeroforce does get back to you with a way to do a full reset, please post it as that could come in handy sometime down the road.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back