Aeroforce Interceptor gauge tech vid.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
This isn't a great picture, but it's what I had on my phone. The numbers look a little washed out in the pic because I've got it on parameters that are always fluctuating, so the camera shutter didn't really account for that. I think the way I have it is easier to read than having it inverted.

5496588689_a002f0c617_z.jpg

Those look great man... I am not a big fan of gauges but they look useful and neat....

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
Any more news on their reliability. I'm thinking about getting a single with a vent pod.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
I haven't had any problems with mine in the vent pod; been running it for a while.

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
So how about the car's accuracy in reading the AF ratio? Anyone compared it to a dyno? Should I assume its exact since its from the factory?

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
The dual widebands from the factory are pretty precise from what I've been told by various tuners. I'll be using these gauges to keep track of my A/F ratio, even after I get boosted.

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
That's very good to hear. Only thing I'm trying to decide is if I should go for a dual unit now. I doubt I'd need it, but it looks like the single cannot be upgraded to dual.

Turbo 6

Reaction score
FWIW I have the interceptor, the LCD display started messing up within a week. Sent it back to Aeroforce, they said it's on it's way back. Hopefully I get more than a week out of next time. Seems as though their customer service is good though.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
what else out there is similar to these?

Nothing in a gauge form factor like this one.

The DiabloSport Trinity tuner can show you all of this info as well. However, I want gauges, not a single GPS looking thing.

I've been saying I'm going to order the dual setup soon for a month now. But I have had trouble with making sure the SOS pod is light stone like my interior and also, I have to save up a little more $$.

rsb5772

Reaction score
I like my dual setup, except for the fact that they boot up with everything the car does. When I unlock, lock, open, and close a door. They also turn on when I turn the ignition on, but turn back off pretty quick if I don't start the car right away.

Apex

SloMoCo
Reaction score
Quick question for you guys running these gauges.. when its plugged into the obd2 port, is it in the way of your leg or at all annoying? I know when datalogging with my SCT I would hit the plug on accident with my leg sometimes, and it was annoying.. granted this plug looks about 1/10th of the size of the SCT Tuner plug. this is pretty awesome though, very easy and simple i might have to get one

gtmiller1001

forum member
Reaction score
Quick question for you guys running these gauges.. when its plugged into the obd2 port, is it in the way of your leg or at all annoying? I know when datalogging with my SCT I would hit the plug on accident with my leg sometimes, and it was annoying.. granted this plug looks about 1/10th of the size of the SCT Tuner plug. this is pretty awesome though, very easy and simple i might have to get one

Doesn't get in my way and I'm 6'2" 220#. The plug that it uses is pretty small and also the wiring comes out of the side instead of the top/bottom, so it doesn't stick down any further. If you find it does I'm sure you could un-mount your OBDII port and stick the whole thing up under the dash. That part is purely speculation though as I've never looked how the port is mounted to the car.

Apex

SloMoCo
Reaction score
Doesn't get in my way and I'm 6'2" 220#. The plug that it uses is pretty small and also the wiring comes out of the side instead of the top/bottom, so it doesn't stick down any further. If you find it does I'm sure you could un-mount your OBDII port and stick the whole thing up under the dash. That part is purely speculation though as I've never looked how the port is mounted to the car.

Good points, youre 2" taller than me so I should be good. Thanks for the info man

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Since I haven't seen any pics showing the gauges and the '11 gauge cluster together... Here you go.

a6cd896e-7734-c62a.jpg

Reaction score
Since I haven't seen any pics showing the gauges and the '11 gauge cluster together... Here you go.

a6cd896e-7734-c62a.jpg

I wish the speed of sound pods came with a single A pillar pod. I would like that with the raptor shift light. I don't see the need for two of those gauges on an NA car. I like your setup though with the shift light.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I wish the speed of sound pods came with a single A pillar pod. I would like that with the raptor shift light. I don't see the need for two of those gauges on an NA car. I like your setup though with the shift light.

Call Alan. I'm sure he would work with you on a custom setup like that.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back