Air bag pcm reset ?s

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
Guys my car had a recent accident that triggered the driver side airbag. The bodyshop is sending the car to the dealer to reset the air bag system and dummy lights on the dash. I have an aftermarket tune on the car. Not sure if they go into the main pcm or if this is can be done without getting into the main pcm. Just need to know if I need to set the stock tune back in just to make everything jive with the reset. Or will it make no difference what tune is on the car? Just trying to stop any possible issues before hand.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
I would set it back to stock either way, maybe when they get the IDS plugged in the tech decide to update the PCM calibration too and you may face problems later with the tuner (even that the latest X3 "unlocks" itself when something like this happens I would try to avoid that)

Also, I don't know if the RCM in these cars can record one or two events, if it is a two time use and you have a light, then there is no need to "reset" but some sensor or the replaced airbag that is giving the light instead.

If it is a one time use RCM, you need a new one.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back