Air/Fuel Ratio Questions - 14.0 Readings at WOT in 3rd-5th Gear

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Well bama is only $150 with free tunes for life and the warranty on #8. Does Lund do that too?
Cheaper isn't always better. I can't speak for Lund but with my tune from VMP I needed a revision and it was free. Bama's warranty is a great marketing ploy, nothing more. You really have to read their fine print also. Plus they've had the most incidents. Food for thought.

iceguyb14

Mustang Fanatic
Reaction score
just did a few more tests and the afr measured right at 12.0 this time in 3rd and 4th gear at WOT. that seems much safer to me.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
just did a few more tests and the afr measured right at 12.0 this time in 3rd and 4th gear at WOT. that seems much safer to me.

This is more typical. I recall my calibrations from Lund Racing when I had my 2011 5.0, it would read around 12.3-12.6 through the power band at WOT.

iceguyb14

Mustang Fanatic
Reaction score
Cheaper isn't always better. I can't speak for Lund but with my tune from VMP I needed a revision and it was free. Bama's warranty is a great marketing ploy, nothing more. You really have to read their fine print also. Plus they've had the most incidents. Food for thought.

Bama has had the most incidents? I haven't heard of any? Care to elaborate? I haven't really been following the 5.0s that much since I had a 4.6...

NickSezz

NJSEOS
Reaction score
Bama has had the most incidents? I haven't heard of any? Care to elaborate? I haven't really been following the 5.0s that much since I had a 4.6...

I would say that is because more people run their tune since it is through AmericanMuscle. That is just an assumption by me. Assuming those not on forums like this do a search, they will find Bama first I would think.

It's kind of like saying the Honda Civic is the most stolen car on the road...well...does that mean it is not safe? Or, are there just more of them to be snatched!

Blazer707@TBR

Official Vendor
Reaction score

Care to elaborate on the fine print? Only thing that i found was they do not cover any FI applications.

-Thomas

Seer

forum member
Reaction score

Well, the joke was internally through Ford, the #8 cylinder issue was known as the "BAMA Bulletin" on the technician knowledge base. This was during the earlier days of 5.0 tuning.

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
ITT ken says the same thing for three pages. nobody listens. for christ sake guys.

thanks for your info Ken. i was going to paxton my 07, but a 13 looks to be too good to pass up.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
The big thing that sticks out here with me is for one, KenB knows more about this stuff than anyone else in this thread. Two, the OP only had 90 miles on his Mustang when he made the initial post. Hell, the timing chains haven't even had time to stretch yet. Much less the PCM learn his driving habits and fueling.

ddd4114

forum member
Reaction score
12.0:1 NA?
lol
That isn't unreasonable for an atmo engine that is prone to knocking. It especially isn't unreasonable when you have catalytic converters packaged close to the exhaust ports.

The concept is the same as a boosted engine, except boosted engines are a more extreme case.

iceguyb14

Mustang Fanatic
Reaction score
The big thing that sticks out here with me is for one, KenB knows more about this stuff than anyone else in this thread. Two, the OP only had 90 miles on his Mustang when he made the initial post. Hell, the timing chains haven't even had time to stretch yet. Much less the PCM learn his driving habits and fueling.

Where did I say I only had 90 miles on my mustang? Right now I'm at well over 700 miles. And I was well over 300 when I made my first post in this thread...

iceguyb14

Mustang Fanatic
Reaction score
He may have got that idea from the picture you posted on page one.....

Ohhh that was a pic I posted on fb the day I got the car. I just posted it in this thread bc some people seemed confused about how I was seeing the readings. In that pic the car is just idling lol. Sorry for the confusion.

TheRookie65

Reaction score
Ohhh that was a pic I posted on fb the day I got the car. I just posted it in this thread bc some people seemed confused about how I was seeing the readings. In that pic the car is just idling lol. Sorry for the confusion.

Either way that's damn kool on the 2013s....... Enjoy the ride bro!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back