Alabama, checking in

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
haha! All good bro. Yeah my wife and I (and my mom) are the only Auburn fans on either side of the family. Her side are ALL bama fans, and my side is a little bit of nearly every SEC school, UT, MSU, Ole Miss. I have cousins that went to bama, but most of them partied too hard, couldn't make the grades, and transfered back to the local college in my hometown! LOL

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
thumbnailCALVVOAH.jpg

:la:

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Ok guys come on now Roll Tide:)
Since we have all the Al guys in here, where do all you guys go to the track to run your car? I go to Steele Al., Alabama International Dragway.

NotaHybrid

I'm slow
Reaction score
There is an 1/8th of a mile about an hour or so away, but actually it measures just a little short of an 1/8th so I dont really have one worth going too. :(

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Ok guys come on now Roll Tide:)
Since we have all the Al guys in here, where do all you guys go to the track to run your car? I go to Steele Al., Alabama International Dragway.

There is an 1/8th of a mile about an hour or so away, but actually it measures just a little short of an 1/8th so I dont really have one worth going too. :(

Huntsville Dragway is the closest one to me. About 45 minutes from my house. It's a 1/8th mile, and my car really isn't set up for drag racing, so I haven't been very motivated to go run it. I think Steele is the only 1/4 mile in northern Alabama.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
War Damn Eagle!

I fixed it for ya! :evillaugh:

Poison your trees...:omfg: gotta watch out for those bammers!

I still wish they'd take that M.F.er, tie him up to the trees at Toomer's, and let whatever happens happen. I'd drive 4 hours to get in on that action.

XxBoostinxX

forum member
Reaction score
Huntsville Dragway is the closest one to me. About 45 minutes from my house. It's a 1/8th mile, and my car really isn't set up for drag racing, so I haven't been very motivated to go run it. I think Steele is the only 1/4 mile in northern Alabama.

I believe you are right about Steele. The only other one I know about is Montgomery and it is extremely nice. Mine isn't set up for it either but I would take it for the hell of it. I think we should plan a track day! :hijacked:

XxBoostinxX

forum member
Reaction score
Poison your trees...:omfg: gotta watch out for those bammers!

I still wish they'd take that M.F.er, tie him up to the trees at Toomer's, and let whatever happens happen. I'd drive 4 hours to get in on that action.

Yeah, you and me both!! I'm sure most bammers would as well, just poking a little fun. I haven't been to any games this year to see how bad they have gotten, but I'll be there tomorrow to check them out.

NotaHybrid

I'm slow
Reaction score
I believe you are right about Steele. The only other one I know about is Montgomery and it is extremely nice. Mine isn't set up for it either but I would take it for the hell of it. I think we should plan a track day! :hijacked:

+1. I'm headed to cruisin the coast next weekend, might hit the drag strip up there. I'm not set up for drag racing either with my tiny 235s so it would be a spin to the finish for me :kma:

1QIKPNY

Thats what she said!!!
Reaction score
I'm game for a track day, I've been to Steele, Lassiter Mtn, and Bama. Both Lassiter and Bama are 1/8 mile but Bama is not maintained and has gone to shit.

Oh and RTR!!

XxBoostinxX

forum member
Reaction score
I'm game for a track day, I've been to Steele, Lassiter Mtn, and Bama. Both Lassiter and Bama are 1/8 mile but Bama is not maintained and has gone to shit.

Oh and RTR!!

It's been a long time since I've been to Lassiter! I say we do a track day at Steele but its totally up to everyone else! :thumb2: We need to start a track day thread and decide a date and place.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Heck, if you guys are up for it, I'd drive down to Steele, just to see how slow my car really is! LOL

Plus, I think Steele may be a good central location, if we have folks coming from both ends of the state.

1QIKPNY

Thats what she said!!!
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I've been to Lassiter! I say we do a track day at Steele but its totally up to everyone else! :thumb2: We need to start a track day thread and decide a date and place.

Lassiter has gotten extremely popular again. King of the street every weekend and they have started calling out individual people to grudge race and they are paying out $500 to the winner best 2 out of 3.

XxBoostinxX

forum member
Reaction score
Heck, if you guys are up for it, I'd drive down to Steele, just to see how slow my car really is! LOL

Plus, I think Steele may be a good central location, if we have folks coming from both ends of the state.

Lassiter has gotten extremely popular again. King of the street every weekend and they have started calling out individual people to grudge race and they are paying out $500 to the winner best 2 out of 3.

I started a new thread to discuss a date in the regional part of the forum. Here's the link: http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1531157#post1531157

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back