Alcon calipers "popping"?

2Fass240us

forum member
Reaction score
Same, my brakes are definitely used. But oddly enough this side has always given me a problem ever since it was hit 4 years ago. Guess somethings are never the same when it's hit.
How bad was the hit? Can it be aligned with no issues? Were frame measurements taken to ensure nothing was out of whack?

My guess would be it has nothing to do with your brakes but is more a matter of the additional brake torque being applied by the StopTechs/pads.

leviathon

forum member
Reaction score
How bad was the hit? Can it be aligned with no issues? Were frame measurements taken to ensure nothing was out of whack?

My guess would be it has nothing to do with your brakes but is more a matter of the additional brake torque being applied by the StopTechs/pads.
Yes alignment is all ok. At first it wasn't but that was because they forgot to replace the k member. But it's in alignment no problem. Unibody is all ok. The pads I'm using are hawk blues

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah...

OEM Brembo Caliper:

IMG_3115-XL.jpg

The pads have holes that those two pins slide through, keeping them consistently "flat" against the rotor. I wonder if this is your problem? How old are your pads?

You been off-roading at the mud pits with the Mustang?
How do you like the softest setting of the BMR bar?

leviathon

forum member
Reaction score
You been off-roading at the mud pits with the Mustang?
How do you like the softest setting of the BMR bar?
I've always loved those brakes. And I was gonna say how soft is that bar exactly?

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The softest setting of that bar is stiffer than just about any other bar on the market. Made quite a difference; you don't realize how much you're giving up due to body roll causing you to go "outside" the camber curve [on "streetable" springs].

leviathon

forum member
Reaction score
The softest setting of that bar is stiffer than just about any other bar on the market. Made quite a difference; you don't realize how much you're giving up due to body roll causing you to go "outside" the camber curve [on "streetable" springs].
Damn that sounds like a whole new game

leviathon

forum member
Reaction score
Any chance that the knuckle itself is bent?

Norm
You know I've wondered that a long time. Only reason is because to get the camber I want I have to set the camber plates differently per side.....Nothing that bothers me but it's always been a concern

leviathon

forum member
Reaction score
Well went over it with a fine tooth comb. Everything is tight and rebleed the whole damn car with a air compressor vacuum bleeder.

In the second picture is how centered it is. A little off but pad wear is consistent it seems. I may shim it out a bit more for my own personal like but that's about it...from last night to this morning it hasn't done it but that doesn't mean squat haha

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1462969948399.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1462969948399.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 5
  • uploadfromtaptalk1462969996716.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1462969996716.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 4

leviathon

forum member
Reaction score
Make sure the mounts are not cracked and the bolts are not broken and tight. :party52:
Triple checked that. All good and snug. Oddly enough since I rebled the brakes yesterday no pop....but I haven't driven very far either....

leviathon

forum member
Reaction score
I'll give it hell tonight I gotta drive 70 miles, and report back with what I got

leviathon

forum member
Reaction score
Ok well....happened 3 times....randomly....all either when I hit the pedal or a second or 2 after I hit the pedal...I'm thinking sticking piston?

2Fass240us

forum member
Reaction score
Ok well....happened 3 times....randomly....all either when I hit the pedal or a second or 2 after I hit the pedal...I'm thinking sticking piston?
At this point it may be worth exploring a rebuild. How much are seal kits for those calipers?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back