Alternator?

obxdude018

forum member
Reaction score
I have been having some issues with my charging system lately, so I thought I would finally change out the alternator, so I picked up a 200 amp police interceptor alternator. I got it installed, reconnected the battery and my 200 amp fuse popped. I have to guess it would do this if B+ and ground were connected, however I can't seem to locate an instance of this anywhere, is there something different with the police interceptor alternators that would cause this?

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
Hate to say it my friend but I think you're the first on here to run the mitsubishi alternator. I remember reading somewhere that there is a difference in how the pigtail is wired, even though it connects directly. May want to try a search, there are some alternator debates on here. Usually the 2010 Denso units win at being a direct swap with a wire upgrade.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
You're the second one I know that has run the Mitsubishi unit.

Did you upgrade all your power wires for 200a?

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
I have been having some issues with my charging system lately, so I thought I would finally change out the alternator, so I picked up a 200 amp police interceptor alternator. I got it installed, reconnected the battery and my 200 amp fuse popped. I have to guess it would do this if B+ and ground were connected, however I can't seem to locate an instance of this anywhere, is there something different with the police interceptor alternators that would cause this?

I'm running that alternator with no problems. Did you leave the black power adapter on the back that sticks up a couple of inches or did you take it off? Your positive wire is getting grounded somewhere and that's why you blew the fuse.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back