American muscle show 2014

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think the car show organizers should have grouped the specific make and model in different sections. It was quite difficult to figure out who was in what section.

That's what my buddy was thinking. I'm sure AM will improve, it's only their 6th show.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
So was I. I didn't see your car. I don't think I saw half the cars there. There were so many there. I wish I had known. I would have liked to check it out.

I saw yours, I recognize the pic in your sig. And remember saying to myself damn that cowl hood looks good :clap:

You were towards the front of the field I was all the way back.

Man hearing all the loud exhausts makes me want to make my car louder again but the long drive back reminded me that it's perfect now....I need the best of both worlds somehow.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Electric cutouts. I agree though, everyone had insanely loud rides and I drove off in my car being like damn this shit is quiet.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
I didn't stay for that but someone there told me they picked the winner this week to make sure there were at the show, that would suck if people go there just to see if they win it, don't know how true this is ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wondering. That would have been sweet to roll out a winner!

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
those cars make my Bassani X Pipe with FRPP Stingers sound like a Prius

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
I saw yours, I recognize the pic in your sig. And remember saying to myself damn that cowl hood looks good :clap:

You were towards the front of the field I was all the way back.

Man hearing all the loud exhausts makes me want to make my car louder again but the long drive back reminded me that it's perfect now....I need the best of both worlds somehow.

Thank you sir!

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
ebad902fc6c367c8d4a8c644adae17c1_zpsc792c359.jpg

dv8uagain

Worthless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Was definitely an expensive trip lol... I spent a grand in my first 10 minutes there...
Got some Mutha Thumpers, limiters, bolts and some other small goodies. Then I found the scratch and dent tent and almost bought another set of wheels but quickly removed myself lol... Cam, the car looked awesome but didnt see anyone around it and wasn't getting any signal to see where people were at... only thing I can think of that I would change is maybe some more stands selling water out in the fields and the lines at the concession stands were nuts. Talked to someone there that waited close to an hour and a half to gt her kid lunch...

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Thanks man, I later moved it to the AirLift booth and sat around to answer questions and let people sit in the car and check it all out.

As for the lunch lines horrry shit. My GF and I ran and got food right as the first dyno run started and it took us thankfully 15 minutes but then we wanted a lemonade and that took 40 min. 2 girls making each lemonade at a time....

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
Going to this show makes we want to spend at least $5k to keep up with some of these cars lol

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
those cars make my Bassani X Pipe with FRPP Stingers sound like a Prius

They sure did. Security wasn't messing around with anyone trying to do burnouts either.

Thanks man, I later moved it to the AirLift booth and sat around to answer questions and let people sit in the car and check it all out.

As for the lunch lines horrry shit. My GF and I ran and got food right as the first dyno run started and it took us thankfully 15 minutes but then we wanted a lemonade and that took 40 min. 2 girls making each lemonade at a time....

I can't tell you how many 13/14 GT500's I saw, specially in black. However, I missed yours. Lunch I paid $6 for two crappy slices of pizza and my buddy paid $2 for hot water.

Going to this show makes we want to spend at least $5k to keep up with some of these cars lol

Yup, you know everyone walked around going "I want this, I want that".

tomkay

forum member
Reaction score
Great show and I'm sure AM will improve as this was first time at new venue. Definitely need to improve on food & drinks, shouldn't take 1-2 hours to get something to eat. Show was so huge I never met up with people/cars I was in line with coming in. Guy from Texas won the MMD car, said he was giving his 2014 V6 to his father. Wish I had known you could make an offer on the scratch & dent items earlier on as by the time I found out the wheels/tires were sold. Will post link to slideshow as soon as my wife finishes it. Sorry to not meet up with you Cam, I love your car.

Last edited:

SGTguy

forum member
Reaction score
Had a good time, some real nice cars. They need to improve on food big time, lines were unreal. Was think of leaving and go pick up 20 pizzas, i could have charged 5 bucks slice and made a killing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score

Cam, it was great to meet you and your GF at the Airlift booth. Your car is really the shit; and I appreciate your feedback on my car. Here's a pic I took when you were still in the show field.
Tom
DSC00258800x532_zps79c594b0.jpg

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
Had a good time, some real nice cars. They need to improve on food big time, lines were unreal. Was think of leaving and go pick up 20 pizzas, i could have charged 5 bucks slice and made a killing.

I totally agree. While the show was really great, it seems like it is getting too big. I liked the other venue at the Community College better. Better set-up with the tiered parking lot; and much better food with a bigger variety and less lines.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Sorry to not meet up with you Cam, I love your car.

Thanks man!

I can't tell you how many 13/14 GT500's I saw, specially in black. However, I missed yours.

I know... I really hate black but always end up with it. If I keep the car, I got something up my sleeve to set it apart.

Cam, it was great to meet you and your GF at the Airlift booth. Your car is really the shit; and I appreciate your feedback on my car. Here's a pic I took when you were still in the show field.

Tom

DSC00258800x532_zps79c594b0.jpg

Hot damn, that is a great photo!

The feeling is mutual, i enjoyed our conversation and checking out all the small details on your ride. The story about Molly Saleen was too funny. I can't wait till you decide and take the plunge and install air on your ride!

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
mid engine fox body..............i kinda wanna try it....hahah

ford20

forum member
Reaction score

I was thinking the same thing. I need more loud so I guess I will be buying Long tubes sometime soon lol.

Electric cutouts. I agree though, everyone had insanely loud rides and I drove off in my car being like damn this shit is quiet.

Every time I drive behind a Mustang I'm sitting there thinking I have a little bitch exhaust. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that though lol

The feeling is mutual, i enjoyed our conversation and checking out all the small details on your ride. The story about Molly Saleen was too funny. I can't wait till you decide and take the plunge and install air on your ride!

You guys are right, sidvicious your Saleen would look pretty sweet sitting on air! All of you guys are making me consider going air ride as well lol

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
You guys are right, sidvicious your Saleen would look pretty sweet sitting on air! All of you guys are making me consider going air ride as well lol

Thanks! You are right...Seeing so many dumped cars at the show really makes you appreciate the air suspension in person. Cam gave me a lot of detail about the quirks of installing it on a vert; and he has me pretty convinced to pull the trigger. I was gonna do dual fuel pumps for more boost next, but I may have to reset my priorities. :idea:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back