American Muscle Tuning?

GRAYPNY

Rich
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I called AM the other day because I wanted to get a different tune file. I have the "free tunes for life" that they sent out when Doug got there.

The guy on the phone told me that Doug doesn't do their tunes anymore. I asked, well I have free tunes for life so what's the deal? He asked me my membership number and then came back on asking my name. I told him and he said OK I'll send you a tune request form to email back to us. I asked him "who" was doing the tunes now and he wouldn't tell me? I got the tune today via email and I ordered it last Friday so the turn around isn't too bad but I'm curious who wrote the tune?

:popcorneat:

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
but I'm curious who wrote the tune?

stupid-ugly.jpg

Redfire427

forum member
Reaction score
Chris Rose ( formerly of Tillman's Speed ) does the tuning for AM now.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Actually there's a few people who tune there and yes, Chris Rose is also one of them. I don't remember the other people's names though.

LuckyH

forum member
Reaction score
So why do they have "bama custom tuning" plastered all over the website if that's not who's doing the tunes. Not that chris rose isn't capable lol. A little deceiving though to the customer who wants and thinks they are getting a tune by doug.

Edit: I received a tuner/intake combo from them a little more than a week ago and I'm happy with the tune. Noticeable difference.

bullitt boy

Reaction score
So why do they have "bama custom tuning" plastered all over the website if that's not who's doing the tunes. Not that chris rose isn't capable lol. A little deceiving though to the customer who wants and thinks they are getting a tune by doug.

Edit: I received a tuner/intake combo from them a little more than a week ago and I'm happy with the tune. Noticeable difference.

Because they most likely bought the files to Doug's tunes not Doug.Along with the files they got the right to use the Bama tune name.
If you all remember correctly Doug was having some issues a while back I assume there were some financial woes in that mix. Whether he wanted to or not he most likely had to sell the rights to the name / tunes to dig himself out from whatever pile of shit life had heaped on him.
I for one wish him all the best.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score

Because they bought Bama Chips and are using their purchase to the fullest potential to take advantage of previous customers like any business would do.

GRAYPNY

Rich
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well I have heard that chris rose is a pretty good tuner although I have never used his files. I usually go the email tune route because I have basic bolt-on's and most of these guys have dyno'ed a million cars with my mods.

BTW, I would have to say that after using Bama, Brenspeed and Brooks tunes that Eric Brooks tunes have best the best based on how the car reacts to them. No dyno proof before anyone gives me shit about it.

etnoats

forum member
Reaction score
I've been waiting for two weeks for my updates, will call on Friday and complain if I don't get them. Got my first set from Ryan, but the gear ratio was wrong, haven't heard back since. Even put in for second update and three or four emails. If your backlogged just let me know, don't leave me hanging.

Scrape

forum member
Reaction score
Well I have heard that chris rose is a pretty good tuner although I have never used his files. I usually go the email tune route because I have basic bolt-on's and most of these guys have dyno'ed a million cars with my mods.

BTW, I would have to say that after using Bama, Brenspeed and Brooks tunes that Eric Brooks tunes have best the best based on how the car reacts to them. No dyno proof before anyone gives me shit about it.

Chris has done all my tunes so far and he is very prompt and good tunes so far. I need to dyno one day.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
He used to get me quick updates when he was at Tillman, but now I'm a bit screwed since he's at American Muscle. My current tune is running rich at WOT. I'm still n/a and it's dipping into the 11's so that's really giving me alot of soot out my exhaust.

Last edited:

horseplay

forum member
Reaction score
I have emailed Chris Rose once and sent him to PM's on here trying to get a tune updated thru American Muscle that Doug did for me. So far I have not yet had a reply and its been a few weeks. I have heard great things about Chris and really want him to update it, if he would reply.

Enitalp

The lost guy.
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Seems you can't trust any tuner those days.

i had and still have problems with 3 major "shop", my car is dead since weeks, with a brand new supercharge and sitting with no tune.

And yeah i have no response from "bamachip" that was my backup plan, has i used (good old days) to have great service from my old tuner.

I'm totally pissed and down. from canada i rely on those "guys" but they don't care.

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
I have emailed Chris Rose once and sent him to PM's on here trying to get a tune updated thru American Muscle that Doug did for me. So far I have not yet had a reply and its been a few weeks. I have heard great things about Chris and really want him to update it, if he would reply.
Chris replied to my P.M the next day and changed my racetune as well as changed my 89 tq to a 91 performance the following day.

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Guys, the best way to get ahold of us is over the phone. We can't keep up with the PM messages, etc. We have guys who can handle the tuning support right away while you're on the phone. If it's new tunes that you're after, simply place an order on our website (free, if you're a free tunes for life member) and we'll get the files knocked out for you in 2-3 business days. You can call and speak to Dann, Ryan, Mike and myself and any one of us are capable of helping you. We all share information and are on the same page. We have a pretty in-depth system for how stuff gets emailed out, so just because you may get an email from a certain name doesn't mean someone else didn't create the file. Anyone that touches the software is trained and we keep in depth logs of who tunes what, what changes were made to what files and for what reason, etc.

Give us a call directly, so that we can update files, etc. There are many times that I am off-site filming or doing R&D at vendor facilities, tracks, etc. I try to respond as quickly as possible, but alot of times a 2 week wait on the forums could have been handled by someone else (or myself) in an identical matter in 30 seconds with a phone call.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back